What are you playing now?

Gorth

I just bought the full version of King's Bounty: The Legend from Gamestop, so clearly the game is out in the U.S. in the retail. It was the last copy in that particular store though!

Ohhh, so its out in retail as well.

I'm crossing fingers real hard that it'll be shipped over to Singapore soon'ish.

I just bought the full version of King's Bounty: The Legend from Gamestop, so clearly the game is out in the U.S. in the retail. It was the last copy in that particular store though!

Ohhh, so its out in retail as well.

I'm crossing fingers real hard that it'll be shipped over to Singapore soon'ish.

Yes, it is definitely in retail now. The game is awesome... just to tantalize you a bit before it arrives in Singapore (unless it's already there)!

I am still playing Fallout 3. It's early on, but I haven't had this strong urge to go back to the game whenever I am not playing since.. Gothic 2! It's a good sign. Let's hope the main story (which I haven't even begun yet!) doesn't destroy the game somehow. Right now it's absolutely fantastic. Wandering the wasteland, just taking in the scenery and fighting the different enemies is awesome. There's so much to see and so far nothing seems randomly placed! They seem to have really worked their butts off filling the wasteland with stuff for us explorer types to find. I love it!

I am up to five bobbleheads now. 15 to go!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It'll make me feel so much better if Bethesda simply cast the game as "World of Fallout" instead of "Fallout 3". By doing that they will simply draw the line that the game they make is different than the previous Fallouts instead of blatantly stamping a "3" over it. Otherwise the comparison to the previous 2 games makes sense since it is a direct sequel.

Heck, Black Isle did the right thing for christening the tactical Fallout game as "Fallout Tactics" rather than Fallout 3 just to draw the line that it is different.

It's actually a prequel. But what you're saying is that the 3 in the name is what offends you the most? Had they named it Fallout Origins or Fallout 0 or whatever, it would have been cool with you? That's kind of stupid.

But what you're saying is that the 3 in the name is what offends you the most? Had they named it Fallout Origins or Fallout 0 or whatever, it would have been cool with you? That's kind of stupid.

It would not have been held to such a high standard if it had been Fallout: Wastelands instead of Fallout 3, as people would not have been as quick to compare it to the original two games - just as Tactics is not demonized for drifting. :x

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

But what you're saying is that the 3 in the name is what offends you the most? Had they named it Fallout Origins or Fallout 0 or whatever, it would have been cool with you? That's kind of stupid.

It would not have been held to such a high standard if it had been Fallout: Wastelands instead of Fallout 3, as people would not have been as quick to compare it to the original two games - just as Tactics is not demonized for drifting. :x

What I think was the reason Fallout: Tactics is accepted is because it's a relatively good game. Everyone hated and still hates FOBOS because it was just plain crap. I bet that most people, even fans of the previous games will like Fallout 3 (I played them religiously in high school, and I'm enjoying the game a lot) once they get over their nerdrage and try it.

Edited by Lare Kikkeli

Just about to enter Nova Prospekt in Half-life 2. Having an antlion army sounds fun.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It would not have been held to such a high standard if it had been Fallout: Wastelands instead of Fallout 3, as people would not have been as quick to compare it to the original two games - just as Tactics is not demonized for drifting. :)

Tactics was also not really a story-based game. It was mostly a combat simulator with a very haphazard plot thrown in to link the missions. Fallout 3 continues where 1 and 2 left off, a lone person heading off into the wasteland to achieve greatness.

...And it really is a sequel. I agree with Hurlshot, Fallout 3 deserves the name of '3' rather than 'wasteland' or someother silly concession. Apart from the fact that Bethesda bought the damned license and can do with it anything they like, fans of the originals don't have a lot of room to complain anyhow. The feel, look, and backstory are all Fallout. Since there was only a 1 and a 2, Fallout 3 makes sense.

EDIT: Oh, and I helped some guildies on WoW earlier. Now I'm back to FO3.

Edited by Aristes

It'll make me feel so much better if Bethesda simply cast the game as "World of Fallout" instead of "Fallout 3". By doing that they will simply draw the line that the game they make is different than the previous Fallouts instead of blatantly stamping a "3" over it. Otherwise the comparison to the previous 2 games makes sense since it is a direct sequel.

Heck, Black Isle did the right thing for christening the tactical Fallout game as "Fallout Tactics" rather than Fallout 3 just to draw the line that it is different.

It's actually a prequel. But what you're saying is that the 3 in the name is what offends you the most? Had they named it Fallout Origins or Fallout 0 or whatever, it would have been cool with you? That's kind of stupid.

Then its only fair that a direct comparison is made. No more between apples and oranges. Just Fallout.

...And it really is a sequel. I agree with Hurlshot, Fallout 3 deserves the name of '3' rather than 'wasteland' or someother silly concession. Apart from the fact that Bethesda bought the damned license and can do with it anything they like, fans of the originals don't have a lot of room to complain anyhow. The feel, look, and backstory are all Fallout. Since there was only a 1 and a 2, Fallout 3 makes sense.

EDIT: Oh, and I helped some guildies on WoW earlier. Now I'm back to FO3.

True that Bethesda could do whatever they wish with the license. That would also mean that I hope you understand that you are able to relate to some older fan's ire of what Bethesda had done to Fallout that made "Fallout" to some of the old fans. Sure its just their (or my own) opinion, but I would simply prefer Bethesda just reboot the franchise than using it as a direct sequel of a game they are unable or do not want to replicate the spirit of it. To me at least, the spirit of Fallout was the profound choice and consequences available in the game that will alter the way how the main quest is played out or even end it abruptly.

Its just like the Batman movies.

Edited by Zoma

I doubt you're an older fan than me, but I do understand that you feel slighted. I'm not mocking you or anything, I just see this as a good sequel. Look, I like it so much I literally will get some two hours or sleep or so just so I could stay up and play it some more. So, we two fans of the old games will have to disagree. I think Fallout 3 is perfectly worthy of the name. You apparently didn't enjoy your copy, and so you think it should have some other name. That's fair enough. I really don't care what the name is. I'm just glad that I bought it. ...And I might not have bought the game if I didn't realize that it was the Fallout brandname.

Far Cry 2!

Yes, I am sloooooowwwwww........ :grin:

I'm hoping to start this over the weekend.

Also playing Fable 2.

Finished Fable 2.

Started Far Cry 2. And driving the car around made me motion sick. :lol:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm working through Red Alert 3 right now. It really needs to be played on hard to get much of a challenge out of it. I've only had one mission out of the first 5 soviet ones that posed much of a threat. My ally was getting his ass kicked and I had no money to build anything with. The Allies kept sending Aircraft carriers at us and I was just lucky that I had multiple support powers that I could stagger usage of to keep them (mostly) off us. I was taking a pounding from three sides. The AI still needs a couple tweaks to give it some killer instinct. If it had really wanted to, it could have probably taken me down at several points but it didn't.

Fallout 3, and Resident Evil 0... Kinda slacking with the longest journey but I'll pick it up.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I want to finish Half-life 2... but it's just soooo boring.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Because he, correct me if am wrong about this, wants to finish it perchance?

I'm slogging through Bloading Lines, I mean Bloodtimes, I mean...that vampire game. Currently in Chinatown, the absolute worst hub. It's kind of like the game director told them to go wild with ethnic stereotyping and entirely the wrong influences. The backyard of Kue-jin is like some colonialistic backdrop for a kungfu movie seen through manga glasses. It's still not bad, for instance the quests are generally good, just that after Downtown and Hollywood...well, I'll get back to the game.

Started Beyond Good and Evil, currently in the mines. The laptop's integrated graphics card hates the game. :brows:

Severance is bloody good and bloody hard. Forge of Xshatra got to hard I had to restart.

Also have an inkling of playing some Icewind Dale...

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds