What are you playing now?

Gorth

Because he, correct me if am wrong about this, wants to finish it perchance?

I got that, but why does he want to finish it if he finds it boring and thus not enjoyable? Is it for story reasons, or perhaps just for the sake of completionism? These are all valid reasons, but I am just interested what the reason is that compels him to continue playing it despite the lack of enjoyment.

he probably wants to finish it because elitists say "If you haven't played Half Life 2 you aren't a gamer"

Also the super grav gun you get at the end is quite nice. Valve needs to work on their storyline delivery if they are going to keep doing the same bloody crap over and over again (which seems to be the case with the Episodes) They need to learn how to convey more of the story and back story instead of having you sit down and watch Dr. Breen answer questions on the TV in City 17's train station.

Also the whole ride to breens office should have been omitted IMHO.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I got that, but why does he want to finish it if he finds it boring and thus not enjoyable? Is it for story reasons, or perhaps just for the sake of completionism? These are all valid reasons, but I am just interested what the reason is that compels him to continue playing it despite the lack of enjoyment.

Because I always finish my games. But HL is wearing me down.

This game is terribly boring. No ambience, no mood, not nearly enough music, shooting is nothing special, storyline delivery is incredibly annoying and pointless (it looks like the game doesn't have anything to say), there is no hook at all, the humans look damn happy for an oppressed race, the environments are incredibly dull and boring, the animation is smooth but feels weird and the art design is just lame.

A dull and boring shooter, but hey, people seem to like it.

Also, Portal surpasses it in every possible way.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

This game is terribly boring. No ambience, no mood, not nearly enough music, shooting is nothing special, storyline delivery is incredibly annoying and pointless (it looks like the game doesn't have anything to say), there is no hook at all, the humans look damn happy for an oppressed race, the environments are incredibly dull and boring, the animation is smooth but feels weird and the art design is just lame.

I should pick up around the "citizen one" chapter (where you lead the resistance) of course there is still that 5 minute ride of boredom that is the journey to breens office.

OK, so it is the completionist reason. I have some of that in me myself, but not if I don't like the game.

Fair enough - I guess I will know not to buy Half Life 2! Not that I was planning to do so.

I should pick up around the "citizen one" chapter (where you lead the resistance) of course there is still that 5 minute ride of boredom that is the journey to breens office.

Actually, no, it got worse. The environments just get boring (oh look, normal-looking buildings with some hint of destruction and ugly black citadel walls! What fun!), and the squad mechanic is lame, lazy and has only one purpose: annoy you by constantly having allies block tight corridors.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Actually, no, it got worse. The environments just get boring (oh look, normal-looking buildings with some hint of destruction and ugly black citadel walls! What fun!), and the squad mechanic is lame, lazy and has only one purpose: annoy you by constantly having allies block tight corridors.

Ah. have you gotten the supercharged grav gun yet?

You mean the instant-kill-no-challenge-super-auto-aim gun? I tried it out in Ep 1.

You mean the instant-kill-no-challenge-super-auto-aim gun? I tried it out in Ep 1.

yeah... I had alot of fun tossing combine troopers around.

Just fyi Eps one and two aren't really that different from HL2

yeah... I had alot of fun tossing combine troopers around.

Just fyi Eps one and two aren't really that different from HL2

That's it. I give up. I finish HL2 and trade the damn Orange Box for something else.

I finally found a mission that I couldn't beat on my first try. Made it through to the final Allied mission in RA3 which has a stupid time limit of only 20 minutes for you to build up a base, knock out 7 iron curtains and then take down a final building.

My first time through I totally forgot about anti-air so I got mobbed by a group of soviet twinblades that came in and destroyed my con yard before I could kill them. I didn't have enough money to build a new MCV so I just restarted. The second time I tried I built up a force of 8 allied apollo fighters to take care of anti-air duties and a mob of mirage tanks. RA3 mirage tanks are like a combo mirage/prism tank from RA2. They can still hide, but they've got the prism (renamed spectrum) gun and don't seem to cause friendly fire. By far the best Allied damage dealer. Sent my huge mob forward and they got absolutely crushed by a bunch of V4's when they stopped moving for 2 seconds to take out one of the iron curtains. It would have taken me too long to rebuild so I started over again. Third time through I built a few base defences to keep enemy air units away and built up a force of 12 vindicator bombers. I went around the map sneaking my group of bombers into the enemy bases and blowing up the Iron Curtains but this time my ally did almost nothing so I had to take care of his side of the map as well. I took out the final iron curtain with only 36 seconds remaining on the clock and fired my superweapon at the final target, but it barely dented the stupid thing so I lost. My bombers arrived back after rearming just as the screen faded to black.

Traded in the Orange Box for Dead Space.

A very good action game, but not scary at all. Also, the difference between medium difficulty and hard is staggering, the first being incredibly easy and the second akin to survival horror with its combat.

Soooo much better than The Orange Box though.

Just finished The Witcher EE for the first time (first time because it is definitely not the last) :)

It had that thing that I've been missing from games for a number of years now, sheer level of detail. I can't remember a game with that much attention to detail since the IE games (MotB came close, but it was a considerably shorter game).

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky is up next, while I search around on the net for a Joystick for newly acquired X3 - Terran conflict

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Chapter 7 on Dead Space. Too bad my pusle rifle is upgraded insanely high and I'm basically full of ammo.

Trying to get an S rating on DMC4. It's a bitch.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Fallout2

set Cassidy's burst fire setting to "be absolutely sure you wont hit me" and gave him a combat shotgun

went to Redding and was clearing out rats in Frog Morton's area and soon enough he does a fecking burst shot at a rat with 2 hp left and hits me for 33 damage

now i remember why i prefer to not have any NPCs with me :shrugz:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Gears two. Epic win.

Word.

At the Skorge fight currently. Sadly I'll be away a couple of weeks and won't see the rest until then.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Fallout2

set Cassidy's burst fire setting to "be absolutely sure you wont hit me" and gave him a combat shotgun

went to Redding and was clearing out rats in Frog Morton's area and soon enough he does a fecking burst shot at a rat with 2 hp left and hits me for 33 damage

now i remember why i prefer to not have any NPCs with me :shrugz:

Heh you should have given him a mini gun. I usually give him the Pancor Jackhammer shotgun. I try to stay out of his firing range though.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I don't get how you people can play these games the nth time and still find those things to be funny.

It's like taking Jan Jansen on board because you think he's funny. Boggles the mind.

I'll be leaving for uni tomorrow and am knee-deep in school work, so it's a week without gaming for me.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I hit level 50 in LotR Online. It's actually my first level cap, even though I've played pretty much every MMO. I usually burn out long before getting that high. I'm pretty excited about the expansion in two weeks.

I also cleard out the Talon Company HQ in Fallout 3, but was kinda disappointed with it. These guys were sending death squads after me and there base was pretty boring.