Random video game news... Games are the most elevated form of investigation

MrBrown

3 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

is the optimization still awful

I'm not sure what you mean. I haven't had any issues running it. That being said, they've been working on it quite a bit post-release, so hopefully it runs better if it didn't originally for you.

3 expansions announced at BlizzCon this year, going to have an improved cadence so I guess that's WoW set until 2030.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

WoW Classic+ does sound cool, much more interesting than their new stuff. I really don't get why they'd release Catassic though, it's the point the game started it's decent into ****tiness.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Wherever we hear from Yahtzee again, it needs to be a place where he can swear like a sailor with no fear of demonization, repercussions, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

17 hours ago, MrBrown said:

RIP Zero punctuation

That's fine. I haven't cared for Zero Punctuation for some time now. Extra Punctuation, though, has been lots of fun. I hope Yahtzee will find a way to do something that feels less formulaic than ZP have been for last couple years.

I'm mildly curious about what EA is hyping here. There's already a remaster of the trilogy so re-remaster would be kinda silly; nobody in their right mind would bother to remaster Andromeda, so... a new live service skinner lootbox multiplayer shooter? :biggrin: 

2 hours ago, bugarup said:

I'm mildly curious about what EA is hyping here. There's already a remaster of the trilogy so re-remaster would be kinda silly; nobody in their right mind would bother to remaster Andromeda, so... a new live service skinner lootbox multiplayer shooter? :biggrin: 

Can't see the video (requires the cookies), but the MP mode was not included in the remaster, if I remember correctly. Might be that.

Edit. Might be ME: Andromeda 2. Also, I am happy to see a helmet and gloves, instead of a face (assuming, it is the N7 2023 video). The coat is odd (more biker-/cyberpunk-like), though.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/mass-effect/epsilon

Edited by Hawke64

11 minutes ago, Hawke64 said:

Can't see the video (requires the cookies), but the MP mode was not included in the remaster, if I remember correctly. Might be that.

Cookie thing is annoying. Search N7 day 2023 on youtube, but it's just 30 sec of some helmeted person in N7 trenchcoat walking, cut to Mass Effect logo. Yeah, probably MP, what else? They already have a new game that's not going to see daylight, ever. 😏

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bugarup said:

Cookie thing is annoying. Search N7 day 2023 on youtube, but it's just 30 sec of some helmeted person in N7 trenchcoat walking, cut to Mass Effect logo. Yeah, probably MP, what else? They already have a new game that's not going to see daylight, ever. 😏

So an Anthem “killer” in ME universe? Another DoA live service in the making? 🙈

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

BioWare at this point needs to prove to me that they can make good games again, whether that's Dragon Age, Mass Effect, or Jade Empire. Just joshin', they'll never make a Jade Empire sequel because we can't have nice things. Anyway, I have no interest in whatever they are developing. After their next game comes out and if it's getting positive reactions, then I might be interested. But my hype train level is zero.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

40 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Preorder the $150 deluxe edition now to receive a million in-game dollars as shark cards!

Will there even be a single player game or will it just be GTA Online 2?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸