What You've Done Today - Don't do today, what you can get someone else to do tomorrow

Gorgon

1 hour ago, kirottu said:

I broke my foot last sunday. I did it in the most stupid way possible. Then again I'm not sure if there is a smart way to break a bone.

I was at Rammstein concert and I had drank too many drinks so I had to pee. When coming back I took the wrong stairs, because I had drank too many drinks. I took stairs up when I should have taken stairs down. I ended at bleachers. I'll just jump down from here, I thought. It'll be fine, I thought.

It wasn't fine and I missed most of the Rammstein concert.

Never mind the foot, the last part is a real tragedy 🤯

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Woke up and noticed that I've gotten psoriasis eczema on the insides of my fingers. **** my life.

• Sad 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

6 hours ago, Sarex said:

I had seborrhea on my palm for years. Although it was a fairly small patch.

It's shown up on my thumbs and index fingers on both hands so far.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I got out of jury duty lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1 hour ago, Sarex said:

Did you yell Jojo quotes?

Yes. And I did the Ceasar pose.

AByxGDQutkAkiPVWuhNh0-_26fJpgAg9mB-K5Xo6

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

On 6/1/2023 at 9:16 AM, Sarex said:

@majestic Any updates on the car?

Well, what do you know, the current used car market has its advantages, while the repairs will run around 7 to 8k, it's still below what I could sell it for. Supply shortage and supply chain interruptions are still a thing too though, so it'll take a bit until all the replacement parts come in. Win some, lose some, I guess. :p

6 minutes ago, PK htiw klaw eriF said:

Yes. And I did the Ceasar pose.

AByxGDQutkAkiPVWuhNh0-_26fJpgAg9mB-K5Xo6

Edited by majestic
  • Like 3
  • Gasp! 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Spent a bit of time on my Alpha Legion army for the Horus Heresy. Still need to paint a bit of battle wear and tear and finish the bases they are standing on before this unit is "joining the army" 😁

I think I'll paint some kind of vehicle next (tank or troop transport), just to not get tired of painting infantry models...

VJ33UFP.jpg

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Spending day learning Rust in the vain hope I can change jobs.

• Sad 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

39 minutes ago, Sarex said:

Not good at the new place?

Isn't bad, but just annoying working long hours and with no one in my time zone for so long.

• Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Nothing like Sunday, close to 3am, running into a Windows bug where booting Windows Server 2019 takes an hour instead of the usual two minutes.

GETTING WINDOWS READY
DON'T TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER

Why thank you Microsoft. It's not really critical that this system is up and running soon. Not at all.

Well, luckily it is the weekend and on Sunday I could actually just let the batch jobs run on the user server if push comes to shove, but I'd rather not shove a push somewhere at all. *sigh*

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

We bought a new power washer so we cleaned the walkway to the front door and a back patio. Then I changed the brakes on my car and installed a retractable 50' electrical extension cord reel in my garage ceiling. Feels good to get stuff done. Unfortunately, theres still no residents in my birdhouse condo. My neighbor suggested that I bait the houses with birdseed but Im just going to wait it out. Sooner or later someone will move in before winter. Honestly I dont even know when birds make nests. :lol:

It's officially spring here where I live. It took a little longer than you'd expect, but my official "how do I know it's spring" test is when I start to notice all the creepy crawlies start to come out of the woodworks...followed very shortly by my loyal army of spiders working night and day to keep them eternally at bay. We're at war, babies and gentlemen - there'll be board and food aplenty for every spider that faithfully fights for our glorious Bartislandia!

The problem usually stops in like a week, presumably because the spiders are able to settle in and hold the front lines for the rest of spring and summer.

2 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

We bought a new power washer so we cleaned the walkway to the front door and a back patio. Then I changed the brakes on my car and installed a retractable 50' electrical extension cord reel in my garage ceiling. Feels good to get stuff done. Unfortunately, theres still no residents in my birdhouse condo. My neighbor suggested that I bait the houses with birdseed but Im just going to wait it out. Sooner or later someone will move in before winter. Honestly I dont even know when birds make nests. :lol:

I have a friend that installed a bird house a few years ago, and she showed me pictures of her bird house already having an entire freaking family with babies and everything in it. Frankly, I really don't know much about the mating and birth cycles of birds, but it seems a bit early in the season to me - I suppose it leaves plenty of time for other families to use it over the summer, though.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

3 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

I guess i depends on the bird species and what part of the world, but wouldn't that normally be in spring, when they plan on offspring?

• Gasp! 1

Herniated disc in the neck, life keeps on giving 👍

• Gasp! 1
  • Sad 3

Hubby's lower back has gone rogue again the past month. Chiropractor, stretches - no improvement yet. Although at least it hasn't worsened the past couple weeks. He can desk-work/get around etc, just has to change position frequently, sit/stand very straight, and ofc the mental tension of wondering if it'll improve or not. He says it feels like it goes down more into one leg (muscle pain, not nerve/tingly) this time so he keeps trying alignment type exercises. My poor sweetie.

Other than that, life scoots along and is pretty fair.

• Sad 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I went extra hard on the exercises with the steel mace yesterday. When I first got it I was using it kind of gingerly because it's such an awkward to wield piece of equipment and I was worried about potentially smashing stuff (furniture and such) with it by accident. Now I'm a lot more comfortable with it and I went really hard yesterday. My shoulders and triceps are all types of sore today. I haven't been this sore in a long time. To be clear, I'm not injured, just really tender.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

On 6/7/2023 at 6:28 PM, Hurlshort said:

Sounds like the T-band, which stretches from the butt down to the kneecap. It can mess up lower back all the way to the knee. Physical therapy can help.

I think hubby's been looking at the psoas, which is a bit more descriptive of his symptoms.
At any rate, he's always been quite out-toed in stride (but not at all bow-legged) and it's probably been getting more pronounced over the years, especially left foot (left upper inner/butt thigh is one affected along with lower back). Habitually sits on one hip a lot probably, that sort of thing. At this point he probably could use something like a year with Forest Gump's leg braces or similar haha.  He also has a reverse neck curve since probably birth (headaches) which likely affects posture/flexibility stuff. On the outside he looks/seem average/"normal" but structurally he's always been a little whack.  :lol:

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The Canadian Death Smoke seems to have mostly dissipated here in Cackalacky for the time being. With that in mind, I'm taking advantage of a GLORIOUS day, air quality notwithstanding, to go walking in the park.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Royal British Legion were doing a charity event and invited the Mercs along.

28+C weather (83 F and above I believe), some hundreds of Scout cubs besides serving armed forces and families, and yes, handling the guys in armour to prevent heatstroke and such.

We did have them almost combing the "desert"....

20230610_103417.jpg?width=468&height=468

And getting prepared for cavalry raids...

20230610_102910.jpg?width=468&height=468

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."