What You've Done Today - Don't do today, what you can get someone else to do tomorrow

Gorgon

19 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

I'm of the opinion that eventually most people will be driving things like this:

06b0b762985eac50f796778fbd494c87.jpg

...because everything else on a vehicle will be by subscription/extra fee only. If it's raining, and you didn't pay for a roof, there will be a mount between the seats for a giant umbrella. Official brand umbrella $300 extra.

...hehehe...finally a vehicle I's can sit straight up in...the FLINTSTONE brakes may be a bit off-puttin', though...🤣

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Haha 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

3 hours ago, Sargallath Abraxium said:

..hehehe...finally a vehicle I's can sit straight up in

Dunno how tall you are, but my brother is around 197cm and in his 20's he had something like this:

200906030251210.New82.jpg

...watching him fold himself into it was hilarious.

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Went and filled the AC system on my car. It had 100 grams out of the roughly 1000 it needed to work properly.

It's downright unpleasant to run it on minimum now 😄

• Gasp! 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

12 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

Went and filled the AC system on my car. It had 100 grams out of the roughly 1000 it needed to work properly.

It's downright unpleasant to run it on minimum now 😄

How often does it get hot enough in your part of Sweden to warrant running AC?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

48 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Azdeus lives in Sweden... when the ice starts melting, it's time to switch on the A/C 😁

• Haha 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

9 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Typically I'd say I need it from May to September, but yeah, Gorth ain't wrong 😄

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

On 5/1/2023 at 6:09 PM, LadyCrimson said:

Dunno how tall you are, but my brother is around 197cm and in his 20's he had something like this:

200906030251210.New82.jpg

...watching him fold himself into it was hilarious.

...hehehe...I's 6'7 (201 cm) an' me buddy Dallas is 6'10 (209 cm) an' we used ta travel ta basketball games in his ol' '86 Honda Prelude...was farkin' hilarious ta watch us drive down main street wit' both our heads poppin' out the sunroof...was NOT fun foldin' ourselves inta pretzels ta get in & out, though...🤣

On 5/2/2023 at 10:41 AM, Keyrock said:

23 hours ago, Gorth said:

Azdeus lives in Sweden... when the ice starts melting, it's time to switch on the A/C 😁

14 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Typically I'd say I need it from May to September, but yeah, Gorth ain't wrong 😄

...hehehe...sounds like Nova Scotia...bah, the colder weather toughens us up at a young age...canna take the heat when it gets over 20 degrees celsius meself...

• Like 1

...hehehe...I's 6'7 (201 cm) an' me buddy Dallas is 6'10 (209 cm) an' we used ta travel ta basketball games in his ol' '86 Honda Prelude...was farkin' hilarious ta watch us drive down main street wit' both our heads poppin' out the sunroof...was NOT fun foldin' ourselves inta pretzels ta get in & out, though...🤣

Heh, hands down, the worst car I've had the displeasure of riding in was my friends Peugeot 206CC, that he used to carpool me and two other coworkers with. 40km every day in that frigging shoebox and he insisted on running cab down during summer. I've never feared so much for my life in a car ever, I felt safer when mapping my dads engine doing 250km/h in an old 740, no cage. Had we flipped everything above my shoulders would be gone.

...hehehe...sounds like Nova Scotia...bah, the colder weather toughens us up at a young age...canna take the heat when it gets over 20 degrees celsius meself...

Sounds like a lovely place :)

9 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

Heh, hands down, the worst car I've had the displeasure of riding in was my friends Peugeot 206CC, that he used to carpool me and two other coworkers with. 40km every day in that frigging shoebox and he insisted on running cab down during summer. I've never feared so much for my life in a car ever, I felt safer when mapping my dads engine doing 250km/h in an old 740, no cage. Had we flipped everything above my shoulders would be gone.

Don't they have those loops that popup behind your head in case of a rollover?

edit: NVM 😱

Edited by Sarex
  • Gasp! 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Settled on a Whirlpool fridge, coming this weekend so that's exciting.  That's the state my life is in now.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

5 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Settled on a Whirlpool fridge, coming this weekend so that's exciting.

Which model?

5 minutes ago, Malcador said:

That's the state my life is in now.

Was it better before? 😄

19 minutes ago, Sarex said:

Which model?

WRFF5333PW, so now you can tell me some horror stores to make me realize we bought a lemon 😛

19 minutes ago, Sarex said:

Was it better before? 😄

Honestly, not really... :lol:

Edited by Malcador
  • Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

21 minutes ago, Malcador said:

WRFF5333PW, so now you can tell me some horror stores to make me realize we bought a lemon 😛

Only knock against it I would have is that it's a single evaporator cooling, otherwise Whirlpool is a good brand. But man my opinion may not be worth much considering that 90% of the things I bought didn't outlast the warranty. 😄

Edited by Sarex
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gfted1 said:

Interesting, when I Google that model number it returns a bunch of prices in CA$. Must be manufactured just for that market?

Yep, had the same issue when searching on other appliances. Is annoying when I find a great model through reviews or otherwise and it's only a US model.   Joy of being in Canada I guess.

Just now, Malcador said:

Yep, had the same issue when searching on other appliances. Is annoying when I find a great model through reviews or otherwise and it's only a US model.   Joy of being in Canada I guess.

In Canada, the fridges have to be resistant to Moose attacks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sarex said:

Don't they have those loops that popup behind your head in case of a rollover?

edit: NVM 😱

Yep. Yep. And those dummies are an awful lot shorter than I am... And we had two people in the back seat too. It was terrifying enough that I didn't care about the humiliation. 😄

• Gasp! 1

May the Fourth be with you all.

• Like 1

Hubby and I are reaching either our 30th or 31st wedding anniversary.

So 50 years married = 2042/2043. Hm. *ponders our poor habits* We might make it.  :shifty:

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

9 hours ago, Azdeus said:

May the Fourth be with you all.

Beware the Revenge of the Fifth

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Sounds like a lovely place :)

...so does Sweden...I's absolutely going ta Sweden, Finland, an' Norway before I dies...apparently there's a wee bit o' Norse in me bloodline, not jus' Scottish & Irish...the plan is ta hit 'em all before I's too old & decrepit ta enjoy the trip...so I guess it better be soon!!...🤣

21 hours ago, Hurlshort said:

In Canada, the fridges have to be resistant to Moose attacks.

...yup...dunna ferget Polar Bears too...an' there's gotta be room fer the penguins that live in the freezer part...me grandmother always said that we was lettin' the penguins out when our arses were hangin' out o' the fridge too long, lookin' fer me grandfather's chocolate stash...😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Star Wars day, so watched the series on TV instead of working.

• Like 1

Revenge of the Fifth is here, so... I'm watching Disney-movies tonight.

• Like 1