Random video game news... RNG 4 EVA

Keyrock

2 hours ago, Raithe said:

Good. I just hope their recent comment to "do What Cyberpunk 2077 couldn't" isn't indicative of their ambition. They did small, but intricate rather well, it would be a shame if they overextended.

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Raithe said:

It will be interesting to see how it turns out. I thought both Human Revolution and Mankind Divided were good but not great. It felt like MD was a step forward and a step back from HR. The boss fights were a big improvement but the story was just kinda... Nothing. In the end it was kind of just pointless filler and you wound up in the exact same spot you started. It was basically the stupid side quest from The Last Jedi in video game form. The gameplay was good, though, and I was able to pacifist ghost the entire game, so thumbs up for that.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I have played both DE games ghost style, but man you sometimes feels like its waste of your gadgets to not use them 

• Like 4

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Man, I love the revolver so much. It just looks epic... and then I never use it, because I'm ghosting everything. 🥲

Spoiler

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Diamondback .357 Revolver Modell - Etsy.de

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Seems like a lot of superfluous furniture on it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

oh yeah boi, its here!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Gasp! 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

<<Vermintide 2>> now free to keep on Steam until November 7th, and a free map on the 8th:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Awesome, I need to get into that game again, it's been a while

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

ZA-UM Drama continues

Fired ex-Disco Elysium accuse current majority shareholder of fraud and are in process of considering future legal actions.

[edit1]

ZA-UM Drama continues further

ZA-UM denies allegation, and claims that employees were fired over so,E really bad behaviour - including not treating their fellow employees nice, attempting to steal the IP and not doing their jobs. 

[/edit1]

Mick Gordon vs ID Software drama strikes back

Back in a day DOOM: Eternal's soundtrack was reported to be mixed poorly, and ID Software put the blade on soundtracks composer Mick Gordon. Now, two years later, MG claim it wasn't so. Goes even further to accuse ID Software of using far more of his work then they contractually agreed to, and refusing to pay him for the difference.

edit2. MG post is lengthy but fascinating - he brings quite a few receipts to support his story. If his account of the events is accurate, then it’s quite a chilling tale. 

Edited by Wormerine
  • Hmmm 1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

21 hours ago, Keyrock said:

For those of you looking to do some bespectacled wizarding:

/checks "bespectacled" off vocabulary list

I am trying to keep the long dormand Potter-mania from reawakening after two decates of slumber. Hogwards looks very nice. Not sure about everything else - barely showing gameplay doesn't fill me with confidence, and quests they presented sounded very dull. I am sure that 10 years old me would love it though - afterall all I had was A movie-tie in game and I still liked it and replayed it over and over again. 32 years old me, though, is wary of anything produced by WBg.

4 hours ago, TruckerJay said:

Game of the year votes are out and looks like Elden ring and new Dad of War is almost in every category 😄

Elden Ring is even up for the best narrative... which leaves me rather confused.

Don't get me wrong, I like the kind of storytelling FromSoftware has been using, but my impression has been that Elden Ring seems far less coherent then their previous titles.

28 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Nobody plays From Soft games for their quests.

I liked a number of the little micro-narratives in DS1, DeS, and BB...I mean, I didn't give a crap about them in DS2 and DS3, but that's because I didn't give a crap about those games in general. I'm not sure if that proves your point or not. I haven't touched Elden Ring, so I can't say anything about it really, except that I hope its quality of quests is at least higher than Breath of the Wild's.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I can't even follow the quests. :p Pretty sure I'm not the only one who just randomly runs around the game world, hoping to not hop into a territory where mobs will mob the floor with me. The only time ever that I am able to follow the actual quests is if I'm going by walkthroughs.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

In DS2-3 it was relatively easy to follow side quests, due to their more linear structure, than DS1 or, I assume, Elden Ring (have not played yet). Their narrative was coherent and fit the mood of the games.
In general, I value interactive, player-driven stories in RPGs (e.g. Obsidian games, DS), thus I am glad to see Elden Ring there.

Edited by Hawke64
The forum removed the reply, so had to edit it to 1 paragraph without quoting.