Random video game news... RNG 4 EVA

Keyrock

On 10/16/2022 at 3:16 AM, Azdeus said:

For what it's worth, a normal Swedish nurse makes about 3500$/month before taxes here.

Slovakia - 852 - 1 421 EUR gross salary, net salary after all the deductions is approx 30-40% lower...

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-10-18/bayonetta-3-voice-actor-s-pay-dispute-overshadows-nintendo-game

Apparently they offered her up to $20k and not $4k ... Something ain't right here.

Looks like it was $4k per session and 5 sessions in total... that completely changes the narrative.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 4
  • Gasp! 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

40 minutes ago, Lexx said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-10-18/bayonetta-3-voice-actor-s-pay-dispute-overshadows-nintendo-game

Apparently they offered her up to $20k and not $4k ... Something ain't right here.

Looks like it was $4k per session and 5 sessions in total... that completely changes the narrative.

Not for me, I already had no sympathy for her. The moment she threw Jennifer Hale under the bus that went out the window; not because it was Jennifer Hale in particular, any fellow voice actor would be the same.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Shame Schreier doesn't just leak the documents he's seen. Still not really seeing how she threw Hale under the bus, other than some snark to her.  

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well...

In her videos, Taylor mentioned Jennifer Hale, the prolific voice actor who took over the role of Bayonetta in the new game. “I wish her all the joy in the world, I wish her all the jobs, but she has no right to say she is the voice of Bayonetta,” Taylor said. “I created that voice. She has no right to sign merchandise as Bayonetta.”

Hale faced some vicious online harassment as a result.

Jesus F*cking H. Christ.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Hale would get flamed regardless, really.  Gamers are subhuman trash and people knew who the new voice actor is. I think Schreier's reaching there to imply Taylor somehow incited it all.  But oh well, consensus does seem to be that Taylor's victimizing Hale.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

4 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

I wonder what Sasha Grey is getting for Cyberpunk. 🤔 I hope she drove a hard bargain.

Maybe she's looking to get a a rise out of it too? 😇

• Haha 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

32 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

I wonder what Sasha Grey is getting for Cyberpunk. 🤔 I hope she drove a hard bargain.

Her oral skills are exceptional, I'm sure she negotiated a good deal.:shifty:

• Haha 4

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

She knows how to deal with poles.

She's actually pretty funny on Twitch and such I hear.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Not for me, I already had no sympathy for her. The moment she threw Jennifer Hale under the bus that went out the window; not because it was Jennifer Hale in particular, any fellow voice actor would be the same.

Well, I didn't read about any of that. Only the 4k payment. :p

Also had no clue who Jennifer Hale is. Never played Fem Shepard.

• Haha 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

Well, I didn't read about any of that. Only the 4k payment. :p

I did one play through as female Shepard, but for me the name is always synonymous with Mazzy Fentan.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

There was a Wing Commander TV series??

/Edit: Ah yes, did a google search.

Spoiler

Wing Commander Academy (TV Series 1996) - IMDb

Edited by Lexx
  • Gasp! 2

Im shocked how few people on this thread dont  seem to know all these  female voice actors?

This is a  very gender equality supportive forum and you guys should know  all these voice actors, I think its time for a few more classes at the " ending white, male privilege " school ? 

I always attend classes 1-2 a year :teehee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, bugarup said:

I dunno about "don't seem to know", seems that everyone is familiar with this Sasha Grey lady. :)

Nah, I had never heard of her 

• Haha 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I do not remember the names, but I remember their voices. So I always find it strange, if the same voice actor is voicing completely different character in completely different game 😛This is for me prevalent especially in Japanese games :)

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

4 hours ago, Lexx said:

I am sure you heard her on multiple occasions though. She did a lot of work over the years - once you recognise her voice once, it actually becomes really annoying.

12 hours ago, Lexx said:

I would want rate like that. And I have to bring 20k in equipment to each session.

Mob justice is idiotic, as all we have is hearsay from each side. Either way, I don't get what she wanted to achieve with the video, unless she has been harrased for not doing the role and wanted to deflect the blame somewhere else.

7 hours ago, Lexx said:

Also had no clue who Jennifer Hale is. Never played Fem Shepard.:p

I always played male Shepard on my first playthrough and did FemShep for my second... For the first two games, I never replayed ME3 because, Jesus Christ, why would I do that to myself? Once was painful enough.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I came to the series late, played ME2 first and did so as Female Shepard simply because that's what I always do on the first run of any RPG. Nothing to do with the reputation of the voicework and I'm not sure I was aware of the Male Shep voice memes at the time. I then played ME1 as Male Shep to mix things up. Eventually I did export him to ME2 and played the game again, though I can't recall whether I actually ever finished that run.

I either exported my original Shep or recreated her from scratch in ME3 (can't remember if I'd still have had the saves), but I rage quit that game very early on (I believe it was when the second dream sequence occurred) and have not returned to the series since.

I don't remember anything notable whatsoever about Ms Grey's performance in Saints' Row 3. I would have used the default female voice there, pretty sure. Like ME3, SR4 is a game I'd like to forget.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

16 hours ago, Lexx said:

Instead of the old "appeal to authority" fallacy, I'm thinking we should come up with a new one called "appeal to social media", where we are all immediately skeptical of anything that starts with someone throwing a hissy fit on social media. It's hard to believe, but some people just lie on the internet - imagine that, lying on the internet: how uncouth!

I'm sure she has the offer in writing somewhere...kind of up to her to prove she wasn't lying. But honestly, I sometimes underestimate how dumb some people can be in assuming that someone's not going to flat-out lie about these sorts of things when it can easily be proven one way or the other. If you go on social media to drag someone or a company through the mud and you're straight up not telling the truth, surely it can't be a surprise when whomever you maligned punches back. Story quotes her as saying Platinum is lying but "I would like to put this whole bloody franchise behind me quite frankly get on with my life in the theatre"; sure sounds like an "ight imma head out" kind of statement to me. This also now makes a lot more sense why Jennifer Hale was hired...hire an actual professional when the old talent goes crazy, huh?

3 hours ago, Wormerine said:

once you recognise her voice once, it actually becomes really annoying.

Hey, speak for yourself: her voice is always a joy every time I hear and recognize it, :p.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 3

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.