Random video game news... RNG 4 EVA

Keyrock

Are you a disenfranchised Dead Space fan? Do you miss cutting off limbs? Are you looking for a spooky atmospheric game filled with tension that's IN SPAAAAAACE?

Striking Distance has you covered.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Outside the amazing interface/HUD (which sadly hasn't caught on), and a few funny limbs cutting, Dead Space has always been what System Shock was like had Michael Bay been responsible for it.

It was so linear, so flashy, loud, dumb and so repetitive so fast, I never fully finished it. No wonder it was such a big hit tho. 😄 

Edited by Sven_
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The combat and stuff in Dead Space was much inspired by Resident Evil 4. A game which admittedly I also didn't particularly like outside a few moment to moment thrills (the initial arrival in the starting village is thrilling, as was the game really good at capturing what it must be like to be hunted by a mob.)

(RE7 was a welcome surprise for me in that series, but with 8 being a cross between 4 and 7, I'm not interested.)

Edited by Sven_

3 hours ago, Sven_ said:

@kanisatha Given OtherSide's heritage, my immediate suspicious would be an Underworld-style game: (Ok, they already did Underworld Ascendant, which didn't fare too well). :( Which COULD also actually be pretty cool though, with distinctive D&D classes providing distincintly different playing experiences, such as on System Shock 2. Have there been any more news on this so far? Their own website doesn't even list the game yet (or I'm blind). 😄 

Re: Voice-overs, insterestingly, Solasta seems fully voiced too. Despite not even having companions as such... Will be interesting to see what Owlcat will do with their new Warhammer game.

Yeah none of these studios' websites have anything on their games in production. Here's a recent article with parts of an interview of Warren Spector who was recently hired by OtherSide Entertainment. He's working on a completely different game in their new Austin, Texas studio, whereas the D&D game is being made by their Boston studio. That game is referenced in the second hald of the story in the link:

https://wccftech.com/warren-spector-says-nfts-are-ridiculous-dd-game-is-going-well/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I sort of liked Dead Space. Enough to almost finish it 😝

Towards the end and the last boss engagements, I did use chests though. Fights too repetitive. Too uninteresting and too many. What kept me going was the atmosphere. Very well made 👍

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

8 hours ago, Gorth said:

Towards the end and the last boss engagements, I did use chests though. Fights too repetitive. Too uninteresting and too many. What kept me going was the atmosphere. Very well made 👍

It's not a bad game, and yeah, some of the design is cool. As said, the interface and HUD is AMAZING to this day. It's fully integrated into the game experience, with everything shown in a very non-instrusive way, rather than how things have evolved since. It's as if Looking Glass Studios and their gradual evolution to Thief had died for nothing with games CONSTANTLY reminding that you're just playing a stupid video game.

Dead Space:

3247827-markerdiagram.png

Next-Gen AAA Gaming (this isn't actually Elden Ring, but a popular mock of how Elden Ring would have looked liked had it been developed by Ubisoft et all).

sjmaiimvool81.jpg

😄

Edited by Sven_
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

would be nice if deadspace and elden ring didn't also have awful inventory interface as bad as most aaa

you can thanks consoles

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

38 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

you can thanks consoles

still remember dragon age origin have a functional ui on pc and something looks miserable to use on console

game like witcher 2 and dragon age inquisition have a interface that didn't even seems like they want to work on anything

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Gorth said:

I loved DS, I played all 3. I enjoyed the narrative and the  mystery of the flashbacks and it was a  scary game with all those noises and echoes...I was constantly nervous about where the next alien was 👾 I also liked the different weapons and the general crafting in DS3  was fun and effective 

Remember all the alien babies in the nursery 

How did you use chests in the final battles, I used cheats ;)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

12 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

I loved DS, I played all 3. I enjoyed the narrative and the  mystery of the flashbacks and it was a  scary game with all those noises and echoes...I was constantly nervous about where the next alien was 👾 I also liked the different weapons and the general crafting in DS3  was fun and effective 

Remember all the alien babies in the nursery 

How did you use chests in the final battles, I used cheats ;)

I blame auto correct on my phone. Scratch that, I generally hate posting from my phone, as I have a hard time correcting spelling errors and outright missing words and sentences when I can't read the thing in one go on a screen 😛

It should also have said 'Too uninteresting and too many *fights*'

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

12 minutes ago, Gorth said:

I blame auto correct on my phone. Scratch that, I generally hate posting from my phone, as I have a hard time correcting spelling errors and outright missing words and sentences when I can't read the thing in one go on a screen 😛

It should also have said 'Too uninteresting and too many *fights*'

I cant use my phone for any forum posts, its difficult and constrained. Imagine the level of there\their mistakes you guys would notice then :grin:

• Haha 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I liked Dead Space and its combat system - can't remember dismemberment implemented effectively anywhere else (in The Surge, maybe?). Though, would prefer the MC to remain silent, because it is more immersive and less irritating.
I think, there were MTX in the last game (and the DLC's ending was disappointing)?

• Like 2

Well looks like typical East European scheme of how to get rich. Seize the assetts through some loophole and sell them before anyone notices 🤔

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Banker and then criminal records? Those are the worst people, you can't trust them ever, at all, no matter their words. Shame they got to such people and now it's all in ruins.

Thank god they noticed it and Kurvitz is blocking the sale.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Midnight Suns reviews seem to be all over the place.

RPS really liked it, even giving it "RPS Bestest of the Best" badge which genuilly surprising considering what I have seen before.

Skillup having been more mixed, recommending the game for it's combat, but pointing to poor performance, and heavily criticising the social base elements

ACG jave been overall rather negative

It turns out that the game even has cosmetic microtransactions, if the game didn't look like a questionable offering already. In power of Marvel IP we trust I suppose.

16 hours ago, Malcador said:

:lol:

I’ve seen them already in february. They were used especially for depicting helicopter combat at that time.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours