warhammer 40k: rogue trader

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

My bugs have mostly been with the game thinking I have more companions than I currently do. I don't know if events are firing off too soon or it's just not registering who I currently have. Probably both.

There is a bug that the game triggers passive buffs from characters not in your active party. If I check the log, the passive abilities that affect allies, that the custom npc I created has, trigger even though he is lounging on the ship.

Kinda means you can probably create a slew of custom npcs, give them passives and park them on the ship 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Crazy studio by the way. At this pace, in 48 months from now they're gonna be finished with Starfinder 2 and Ravenloft 3 (heh, I wish).

2018 Kingmaker
2021 Wrath
2023 Rogue Trader
Plus multiple DLC, Enhanceds and of course fixes in between.

In that same time, Electronic Arts have held two major emergency meetings. Topic: What should we be doing with EA RPG (aka Bioware) next exactly. 😄 

• Haha 2

Interesting how they adapted random encounters travelling on the world map to the setting. While travelling in your void ship, you have some resource to allow your navigator to plot a safer course, which I guess reduces the chance of random encounters. 

I decided to do an unsafe journey, which resulted in crew members going mad, bursting into my quarters and trying to kill me, alongside some daemonettes. My party started trickling in after a while as reinforcements for me.

I explored a spaceship adrift in an uninhabited star system. God those were annoying, tedious fights, with a type of enemy that did nothing but give temporary hit points to all enemies every turn. And those things respawned. I barely survived the boss fight at the end. Funny thing is, the sister of battle went from feeling useless to feeling useful halfway through. Guess I am beginning to learn her play style.

On another note, this game is Bruce-friendly: you can romance Jae.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Since all chaos marines are immortal, all those crusaders are the same anyway.

Bad guys in 40K have such plot armour, if they were to get shot in the eye point blank, they would blink in the very last micro-second, the bullet would ricochet off the eyelid, out of the book and kill the reader.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Gasp! 1

13 minutes ago, melkathi said:

Since all chaos marines are immortal, all those crusaders are the same anyway.

Bad guys in 40K have such plot armour, if they were to get shot in the eye point blank, they would blink in the very last micro-second, the bullet would ricochet off the eyelid, out of the book and kill the reader.

And here I thought it was the price point that kept people out of 40k, but I guess getting killed by a book will cut down on potential players.

• Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

18 hours ago, HoonDing said:

Is this before or after 13th black crusade

Before, I believe

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

23 hours ago, HoonDing said:

Is this before or after 13th black crusade

Definetly before, Koronus Expanse is in Segmentum Obscurus which definetly has a right to that name now that Cicatrix Maledictum had explosive diarrhea, and they still navigate by the Astronomican. Would be hard to do afterwards since the Eye of Terror is very near right between Koronus Expanse and Terra.

Edit; In the top left of the above the red zone you see the Halo Stars, just south east of that you will see Footfall and port Wander

JIMAaMR.jpeg

Edited by Azdeus
  • Gasp! 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I am not sure they still navigate by the astronomican. One navigator I talked to said he hadn't seen it in a long time and only got a glimpse.

All warp lanes are gone. Your navigator comments about none of the old travel routes existing anymore.

I am doing the quest with the administratum, maneuvering imperial bureaucracy.

After getting all the proper wax seals on my paperwork, I am now in queue.

I have ticket number 394.

I can intimidate the clerk to let me skip the queue...

It worked

Spoiler

I now have ticket 301...

I did the Underworld (funeral) Quest both ways. One way leads you to the additional map and loot (and the loot is very good) the other (non lethal) gives you more xp and let's you actually do the quest in full. I think I am going to go with the first way, because I also got 3 reputation points.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

4 hours ago, Sarex said:

I did the Underworld (funeral) Quest both ways. One way leads you to the additional map and loot (and the loot is very good) the other (non lethal) gives you more xp and let's you actually do the quest in full. I think I am going to go with the first way, because I also got 3 reputation points.

I completed it by just trying to leave this time around. I regret that now because I lost out on loot but at the time I really wanted to take a break and apparently just getting up and walking away wasn't an option.

Just restored control of my second planet and then explored some more. I think I've hit every system that's currently available except for maybe one or two, so I guess I'll be heading to the capital planet next.

Free games updated 3/4/21

14 hours ago, melkathi said:

I am not sure they still navigate by the astronomican. One navigator I talked to said he hadn't seen it in a long time and only got a glimpse.

All warp lanes are gone. Your navigator comments about none of the old travel routes existing anymore.

From what I remember they spoke about the charts and not that all old warp routes being gone 🤔

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Have to say, I've really only encountered any glitches from Act 4 onwards. Which makes sense, since the Beta didn't go there.

While I've been mostly enjoying it, there are some truly awful moments in the latter half of the game. The annoying freaking maze planet map for one, because there's no real guidance and it fails to highlight that the path back doesn't always go to the map you left. And then there's a "quick save, reload" constantly for a stealth required companion mission. Yes, we don't have a stealth mechanic, and we don't have anything to let you know when you're in line of sight or line of awareness of moving people that you have to sneak between their patrol movements or bad things will happen...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

7 hours ago, Raithe said:

Have to say, I've really only encountered any glitches from Act 4 onwards. Which makes sense, since the Beta didn't go there.

wotr release were much the same as you describe. sure, for wotr there were innumerable mechanics errors, many o' which persist to this day, but the genuine game killing bugs were almost non-existent for those acts which were part o' the beta. late game content was predictably a crap shoot at release for wotr, but we were happy surprised at how quick owlcat addressed the game ending bugs from those later acts. 

am gonna wait for one more big patch before starting. am certain many mechanics errors will exist for months and maybe even years, but everything am hearing suggests rogue trader is following a stability trajectory similar to wotr.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'm going to take a pause from it to wait on some updates I think.

Managed to get pretty far into Chapter 5, think I'm near the conclusion, but I've got a stack of glitches with the journal on companion quests, and Ulfar saying if we don't do x before we carry on he'll be leaving to handle the matter on his own. And no options or locations to go to for carrying out what he needs to do.

I think one of the minor background disappointments is that my origin isn't reflected in any way during the entire thing. I've got a Crime Lord who controlled an entire star system, but all references are high society rogue trader having no connection or clue or attitudes to all the smugglers and organised crime groups you deal with.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."