warhammer 40k: rogue trader

Scholars aren't sure if the author is referring to a wet leopard doing the growling or wether the growl of the leopard has a wet quality to it as the growling leopard used for the comparison may be salivating profusely.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

2 hours ago, melkathi said:

6 wet leopard growls,

1 laughter like a wet leopard growl

3 wet growls that reminded the protagonist of a leopard,

1 leopard growl,

1 he chuckled a wet leopard chuckled

1 leopard purr

1 wet leopard purr

1 frothing wet leopard purr

I may have missed some of my notes

All these describe the sounds space wolves do, similar to the hmm Henry Cavil does in the Witcher

people should know they leak their own fetish very easily when they write novel

• Haha 2

Me clicking on this tread:

abuelo-simpson.gif

I have no clue what y'all are on about. Carry on.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 3 weeks later...

Malleus.

The key turning point here for me was when Eisenhorn was accused of heresy and taken into custody by his own order, something that had been set up by both the introduction and by what I believe was the very first scene of the book, when at the end of a battle some witch hunter just Kool-Aid Man-ed his way into the book while yelling "HERESY!!" for no apparent reason before then immediately disappearing with nothing much coming of it. I thought that was pretty weird, but figured we'd get back to it - rightly so, as it turns out. So finally, we're given the full basis for the suspicion of heresy: it's the scene that played in the introduction, the same demon just saying that he knows him. There's some fluff about how Eisenhorn managed to not get killed during the whole triumph disaster, but that's really all it is: fluff. After spending literal months of being interrogated, Eisenhorn is going to be granted a proper trial, Eisenhorn is all "I'll be glad to prove my innocence", and...Fischig just breaks him out and they go on the run, robbing of us of that entire sequence so we can have more hour-long fights? Why does Eisenhorn even go along with this? It's not like there's anything absolutely pressing that he needs to deal with, he's literally been imprisoned for months, so whatever trails he had been doing should've long gone cold by then. But really, the realization that the Inquisition's entire basis of argument for arresting the guy is that some demon, an entity known for the trickery and manipulation that Eisenhorn is precisely being accused of, just saying that he knows the guy, and the entire Inquisition immediately being all "alright, cut his head off" is just...bleh.

Him being arrested was the point I was most interested in the book, particularly after most everything else prior feeling similar to the first book: I wanted to see how it would all play out, I wanted to see the Inquisitorial procedure...but instead, it was the whole house of cards collapsing and me realizing that it's all just a big joke, that the Inquisition is a bunch of baloney, that these are fundamentally just kind of dumb action books with a decent but not particularly remarkable coat of paint (and that if most other books in the 40K series are written significantly worse, must be truly deplorable). I don't think I'll be returning for the third book: as predicted from what @melkathi mentioned, these just don't seem to quite agree with me.

Edited by Bartimaeus
it -> out
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

release date trailer.

I am bored of every video they bring out advertising the same handful of companions.

Has the game nothing else to offer than "the party you have to gather before venturing forth may include a space woof"

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

1 hour ago, melkathi said:

release date trailer.

I am bored of every video they bring out advertising the same handful of companions.

Has the game nothing else to offer than "the party you have to gather before venturing forth may include a space woof"

there are also a dark elf in this one

still waiting for daemon companion to romance

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2023 at 8:55 PM, melkathi said:

I read the first Rogue Trader novel. Different rogue trader, different part of the galaxy. Felt it may put me in the spirit of things though.

It was very meh.

Didn't know there was a Rogue Trader (singular) novel.... I know of the Rogue Trader Omnibus from 2018, is that it? (I haven't read it)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah, that's it. In theory it is three novels and two short stories gathered into one omnibus, without any of them having been published separately before.

They are so awesome, Black Library knew people would want and demand an omnibus edition, so they decided to give people what they want directly.

Don't buy it. Bland, boring characters even by 40k standards. Zero investment by the reader. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

dont want to read whole thread because spoilers, is there online character builder I can ticker with before release?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

None that I know of.

Some of the streamers that already have the full game have put out some build guides and whatnot but I don't know how spoilery they are. This thread is fairly light on spoilers though. Mostly just stuff you'd know if you watch any of their promotional videos.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

I actually didn't watched almost anything, all i know there is space wolf companion and some eldar chick. thats about it

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Well, what spoiler free thing do you want us to tell you?

So far the spoiler free verdict is:

It can't be all bad, because the only thing melkathi has found to complain about so far, is the mechanic for adepts.

• Thanks 1

i just wanted online character builder I can tinker around with - did you read my post? :)