Random/Interesting/Weird

Gorth

I'll admit, maybe 1/3 of this goes right over my head, but I still laughed/found it interesting. I've watched quite a few of this lady's vids, I like her.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

That was a lot to learn about nothing 😂

It was very good though. Not sure I would ask for nothing for my birthday, as that would put an unduly amount of stress on my friends 😁

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

11 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

I'll admit, maybe 1/3 of this goes right over my head, but I still laughed/found it interesting. I've watched quite a few of this lady's vids, I like her.

Her videos are great. She is one of my favorite Youtubers. I loved the recent one about alternative theories to the Big Bang when she says that if another theory makes things more complicated without any new evidence, then it's not scientific. 😂

sign.jpg

"The Barberini Museum said later Sunday that because the painting was enclosed in glass, the mashed potatoes didn't cause any damage."

Meh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 10/21/2022 at 10:45 PM, Gorth said:

That was a lot to learn about nothing 😂

It was very good though. Not sure I would ask for nothing for my birthday, as that would put an unduly amount of stress on my friends 😁

Aren't non-physical entities the same as abstract objects?

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

2 hours ago, rjshae said:

Aren't non-physical entities the same as abstract objects?

I have nothing to say about that :shifty:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

6 hours ago, majestic said:

(video)

Why do I have this nagging suspicion, that action was only taken by the New Delhi cops, after getting pressured by Austrian police?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gorth said:

Why do I have this nagging suspicion, that action was only taken by the New Delhi cops, after getting pressured by Austrian police?

Oh, I don't know, you're a racist and don't like Indians?

But maybe - maybe! - because they still let them scam their own people, apparently, even after being served evidence on a silver platter. Tough, dunno, I'm going with racist here.

Racist! :p

• Haha 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

MORE DAKKA!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

18 hours ago, majestic said:

Shame it didn't end up with them in a ditch.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Not enough death, but it'll do.

• Like 1

The conspiracy theorist 'worldview' and the language of their argument

A study, now published in Science Advances, has analyzed the difference between mainstream and conspiracy articles. It found that conspiracies rely on other conspiracies as "evidence," jumping around different topics, less coherently than mainstream texts, but relying on a web of interconnected ideas to connect the dots.

So... basically then it's a giant circle jerk.

• Like 2

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

There is case modding and there is case modding... 😂

I wonder if this PS5 isn't going to overheat inside all that polystyrene or whatever it is she made it out of 🤔

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1