Random/Interesting/Weird

Gorth

I can't be bothered to dig through the webpage to find a direct link to the video, so here's a link to the article with the video of the Fagradalsfjall volcano first breaking through the ground. Looks pretty damn cool :)

https://www.visir.is/g/20232439767d/grjot-og-mosi-thyrlast-upp-thegar-kvikan-bryst-i-gegn

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Warning, everything on that page is in Icelandic 😎

• Haha 3

β€œHe who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

7 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Warning, everything on that page is in Icelandic 😎

It's not so bad, I can understand like 3-5% of what they're saying πŸ˜„

• Haha 3

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

• Gorth locked this topic

More stuff in this direction...

Β 

β€œHe who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein