Random/Interesting/Weird

Gorth

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Ive never met a Black person that objected to being referred to as a Black person, but thats totally anecdotal and I understand that I live in a completely different world than most people on social media. :shrugz: I have a middling view on Biden and I wouldnt vote Trump unless a gun was pointed at me, just to throw off the graph.

Well, if you demolish your nuclear powerplants to rely and Russian gas, and then are no longer able to get said Russian gas you need to get power from somewhere...

• Haha 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

59 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

Well, if you demolish your nuclear powerplants to rely and Russian gas, and then are no longer able to get said Russian gas you need to get power from somewhere...

I know Denmark has been “encouraged” to increase gas and oil production since the war started. Production had been cut to minimum level the last few years as renewable energy now supply the country with 67% (no kidding) of its electricity. Oil is mostly just needed for all things combustion engine driven, until those also gets replaced by electric engines. Every OPEC country’s nightmare 😂

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

There is no winning against those companies. Only thing you can do is sneak in at night and torch their equipment. It won't stop them, but maybe it makes one feel better for a moment or two.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

5 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

I saw that on another site. Sounds cool, but limited to line of sight?

I don't see how it wouldn't be, but you can send a plane that carries the laser I guess.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

It's "just" a guy drawing sketches (of pretty girls among other things). I watched a few more besides this one and I found it just incredible, how he can sketch things out freehand with a pencil on piece of paper. Then add ink drawings on top of it (again, freehand drawing) and finally scan the black and white art for colorizing in a piece of software, using a Wacom tablet 🧑‍🎨

edit: for those who like this kind of art, I would recommend watching a few more of his videos

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein