Random/Interesting/Weird

Gorth

This might entertain a few folks here.

I stumbled on a gopro video someone made doing the Tough Mudder course I ran 8 years back.

I was running it in the group about two hours later...   Covers each of the obstacles on the course, but not the full run between them all. 😄

Although they do miss the Electro-Shock Therapy that is the last one....

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Interesting to note what this person marked as obscure or forgotten. 

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think there's likely a more disturbing story behind training for that sort of flexibility at an early age...

• Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

From the rest of the channel, Prague looks like a nice place to visit.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

boys suck at school

isn't the actual title... and is admitted kinda misleading, but...

counter-intuitive, at all levels save the apex, women and girls is doing better than men and boys in education and jobs, at least in modern western economies. am suspecting asian nations is not accounted in the analysis, but am having no basis for such save anecdotal which is now admitted a decade past current. 

solutions is likely to trigger folks on both ends o' the political spectrum, so am not optimistic such trends is addressed or even studied further in any meaningful way.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

15 minutes ago, Amentep said:

I was hoping for Empress Severina, but I guess that's cool too.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

1 hour ago, Raithe said:

For the random quirky interest:

InrangeTV had a great video on youtube with a more detailed interview with Derwood, but youtube being youtube they took it down, because raisins. I really don't like bitchute, but it's up there, so;

https://www.bitchute.com/video/kfe8HunzZNA/

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

‘A Pig Like You Can Never Have Remorse’: Michigan Man Sentenced to Life in Prison for Murdering Grindr Date and Eating His Testicles on Christmas Eve

Shiawassee County Circuit Judge Matthew J. Stewart on Thursday ordered Mark David Latunski to serve a sentence of life in prison without the possibility for parole for the slaying and dismemberment of Kevin Bacon, who was killed just before Christmas in 2019, court records reviewed by Law&Crime show.

grisly and unnecessary details, but 'tis the season, so...

Spoiler

Authorities in December 2019 found Bacon’s body in Latunski’s home in Bennington Township, located approximately an hour and a half northwest of Detroit. Police said that Bacon’s remains were hanging upside-down by a rope from the ceiling rafters of a hidden room inside of Latunski’s home. Latunski slit the Bacon’s throat before cutting off and eating the victim’s testicles.

bench trial took two days.

• Haha 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

That sounds just as bizarre as that cannibal case Rammstein based one of their songs ("Mein Teil") on 😖

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Meiwes aka "The Rotenburg Cannibal"

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein