The TV and Streaming Thread: Now up for syndication...

Amentep

38 minutes ago, Lexx said:

What does that mean?

That someone on reddit is lying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Gasp! 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Last 3 episodes of Arcane... Chefs Kiss... Except the cliffhanger of an ending they left the season on. That sucked and actually made it worse for me. I was hoping that each season is self contained and that they would move to other nations, but alas that seems like it's not going to be the case.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

10 minutes ago, Sarex said:

Last 3 episodes of Arcane... Chefs Kiss... Except the cliffhanger of an ending they left the season on. That sucked and actually made it worse for me. I was hoping that each season is self contained and that they would move to other nations, but alas that seems like it's not going to be the case.

Yeah I was hoping the same.

On the other hand, more of my favourite champions! \o/

50 minutes ago, Oner said:

Yeah I was hoping the same.

On the other hand, more of my favourite champions! \o/

Well we only got a glimpse of Warwick, so that sucked. Either way I like Warwicks original lore much better. I can already see how his story ends in Arcane.

30 minutes ago, Sarex said:

Well we only got a glimpse of Warwick, so that sucked. Either way I like Warwicks original lore much better. I can already see how his story ends in Arcane.

You mean the one where he was some insane alchemist who enjoyed being turned into a werewolf?

17 minutes ago, Oner said:

"Either way I like Warwicks original lore much better." I was replying to this part. 😛

I had a brain fart, I don't know how I misread what you wrote. Yeah, I like it more when he was in control and not simply just a beast. Right now he just seems like a victim.

• Thanks 1

So there is potential that for the later episodes to get significantly better, once the manufactured story pieces get out of the way. But I'm still not holding my breath.

I think the Black Company series will be good. The way the story is told, there are so many time skips and details glossed over that sticking to the overall plot is easy enough.

Come to think of it, it's kind of the same with Dagger and the coin.

Edited by HoonDing
  • Like 2

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Ended up watching the rest of Hellbound since it's only 6 episodes.

The first three episodes alternate between interesting to a little dull to really annoying (especially this one "internet influencer" type character that was given way too much screen time). The last three episodes were much better/more compelling. The two halves are almost feel like two different seasons - with separate cliffhangers/climaxes and there's a big time skip involved - and while it kept up the weird basic premise, the chrs and story elements were better in the 2nd half. Except one of the main antagonists in the first half, that actor did a great job. A sequel is obviously expected. So....another mixed bag.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Cowboy Bebop.

It's not as bad as I thought it'd be, but it just feels...like it's not anything special. The iconic scenes it translated into live action just don't look as good as the anime. And Jet's beard looks terrible lmao.

• Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

10 hours ago, Sarex said:

Is it really a cliffhanger, though? I thought it's pretty obvious what's happening next. Lots of boom, but all the characters there are essential, so once the next show (season? chapter?) comes out, it'll continue with that civil war thing.

Oddly enough, I could swear the last 3 episodes were a lot shorter.. but after checking the timestamps, they are still 40 mins. Sucks there isn't more now.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

Is it really a cliffhanger, though? I thought it's pretty obvious what's happening next. Lots of boom, but all the characters there are essential, so once the next show (season? chapter?) comes out, it'll continue with that civil war thing.

Oddly enough, I could swear the last 3 episodes were a lot shorter.. but after checking the timestamps, they are still 40 mins. Sucks there isn't more now.

Spoiler

We only know Jayce and Victor survived for sure.

TNG "Liasons"

Trek does Misery. And what the hell happened to Starfleet's diplomats? It doesn't make sense how much diplomatic work the Enterprise crew does.

Lower Decks "Terminal Provocations" amusing episode. I'm sure that we'll see Badgy again.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

10 hours ago, Raithe said:

And some comments from him on Wheel of Time Ep2.

I did have some reflection on one thing I really didn't like from ep1 re Laila Aybara (with book spoilers for any tv only viewers)

Spoiler

I've seen a lot of suggestions that Perrin's wife was a darkfriend because it kind of looked like she was going to scone Perrin, and we also got the- decidedly odd- dream scene of her being eaten by a wolf in ep3. The first could easily be a framing issue trying to give an impression of 'out of the corner of his eye', but the second is a lot more difficult to explain away without show wolves having a very major departure from the books.

While I'm not convinced personally I think that could very easily redeem the while idea if done right. Firstly, Perrin accidentally killing someone intent on killing him is absolutely classic ta'veren behaviour. Secondly, it would validate the slightly 'off' marital interactions they had. It would also potentially 'fix' one of the more... odd implications from the books that Kari al Thor was a darkfriend. Book wise of course Rand saves his mother, series wise you could substitute Perrin saving his wife easily. Gets rid of a book oddity, gives Perrin something to do at or about the eotw plus establishes that he's got serious dream abilities, and also gives him a reason not to be irrecoverably distraught from emotional trauma for the rest of the series.

• Thanks 1