The TV and Streaming Thread: Now up for syndication...

Amentep

2 hours ago, Lexx said:

Just watched the first 3 episodes of that LoL / Arcane show on Netflix. As someone who knows nothing about LoL, it's pretty good so far. Definitively will continue with it.

Yeah, I wasn't sure how much it would appeal to someone who never played it/watched the cinematics.

I liked it so far.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

On 11/5/2021 at 3:40 PM, Raithe said:

Hm, just saw they they've made a second season of Blood & Treasure and it should be showing before the end of the year.

Interesting. The first season was a fairly self-contained pulp adventure story of treasure hunters, terrorists, conspiracies, nazis, and curses as a former FBI agent turned archeological recoverer teamed up with his ex, an art thief to chase down the main bad guy.

I'm curious to see how they'll try to carry it on.

They made the season 2 episodes soon after season 1 ended, but for some reason chose to not air season 2 in the summer of last year (2020) when it should've aired, and then not this summer either. They keep pushing back the airing date, so who knows if they will actually go ahead and air those episodes this year.

I'm with you in liking the show. It was a fun little show with both main characters being quite likeable.

3 hours ago, Sarex said:

Yeah, I wasn't sure how much it would appeal to someone who never played it/watched the cinematics.

I liked it so far.

What's funny is that the art style kept reminding me of Dishonored all the time. Kinda made me want to see Dishonored turned into a show like that.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

TNG - "Descent, Part I"

Okay, so Borg attack the ship (!) acting weird (!!) singling Data out (!!!) who has an emotional reaction (!!!!) of anger and joy (!!!!!) and not one person on the Enterprise goes "Hold up, the only other times Data has had a surprise outburst of emotion its been at the hands of Q and Lore - maybe we should double check these clearly abnormal Borg to determine if they're emitting some form of communication/radiation/technobable forcing an emotional response out of Data...?"(!!!!!!)

I like Lore as much as the next guy, but the lack of response to try to understand what's happened to Data from the crew kinda borders on irresponsibility.  And it was obvious it was Lore not Q. 😛 

Lower Decks - "Moist Vessel"

Kinda okay episode, with Marriner and her mom ironing some things out, but a little silly too (but I guess to be expected).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I binged Goliath last weekend. Did I mention that already? It was the last season. It started off a little strange, but it cleared everything up by the end. It was set in San Francisco and Chinatown, so it was great seeing all of the locations I frequent regularly.

My issue with Goliath is that it is a great premise, but they somehow ... didn't use anything at all. This guy is supposed to be a lawyer and wasn't that supposed to be a lawyer show? For that there is incredibly little lawyering. First season was still good and interesting, second was very.. eh... third was a little bit ok again, but still bleh. And the fourth ... I just stopped. Not sure if I will finish it at some point.

Kinda sucks, because Goliath could have been the equivalent of Bosch, but they just weren't able to do it right.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

2 hours ago, Lexx said:

My issue with Goliath is that it is a great premise, but they somehow ... didn't use anything at all. This guy is supposed to be a lawyer and wasn't that supposed to be a lawyer show? For that there is incredibly little lawyering. First season was still good and interesting, second was very.. eh... third was a little bit ok again, but still bleh. And the fourth ... I just stopped. Not sure if I will finish it at some point.

Kinda sucks, because Goliath could have been the equivalent of Bosch, but they just weren't able to do it right.

The last few episodes are a lot more lawyerly than the first few. But it is really Patty's show by the end. 

The new season of Dexter is out, I hope it lives up to the prestigious standard of the original 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexter:_New_Blood

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, Lexx said:

I heard people were raging about it more than the original ending.

I watched the first episode and it was good, it has huge potential with a new town and new people in Dexters life :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

For me Dexter quickly became the James Remar/Harry Morgan show. Not that I didn't enjoy those first five or six seasons as a whole - just sayin'.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Also of interesting note:  Amar Chadha-Patel was actually cast as Lord Agelmar in Wheel of Time and had done all of his scenes for first season, but he's left for one of the key roles in Willow. So WoT have decided to rename his character for the first season (to Lord Yakata), and introduce a brand new Agelmar from season 2 onwards.

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

13 minutes ago, Raithe said:

Also of interesting note:  Amar Chadha-Patel was actually cast as Lord Agelmar in Wheel of Time and had done all of his scenes for first season, but he's left for one of the key roles in Willow. So WoT have decided to rename his character for the first season (to Lord Yakata), and introduce a brand new Agelmar from season 2 onwards.

From what I read, it was Ingtar, not Agelmar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Arcane ep. 4-6. Continuing the good trend it set so far. I would think that there is a lot of potential in this if the story picks up. Wonder if other seasons will deal with other countries and characters. I see that there were a bunch of crows looking over what is happening throughout the episodes, perhaps Swain spying or maybe just there for show?

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

The new episodes didn't wow me that much, but I kinda expected this to happen - they are basically just a bridge to the final episodes, setting things in motion, and not resolving anything. Hate having to wait another week now. Ugh.

A couple of months ago I wrote about how I just watched the greatest rasslin' PPV ever. Here we are months later and... Holy ****! 

It's funny how much the main event of Full Gear 2021 reminded me of Starrcade 97.  It was December 1997, WCW was riding high. While the nWo storyline was showing its cracks, overall the product was good and ratings were great. The main even was the culmination of a year and a half long storyline with Sting. I can't say it was perfect, but for a story told over that length of time it was done as well as reasonably expected. All the hard work was done, the only thing left was for Sting to beat Hollywood Hogan for the WCW World Championship clean and stand triumphant. They ****ed it up. 

The main event of Full Gear 21 was the culmination of a nearly 3 year long storyline with Hangman Adam Page. For a story of this length it was nearly perfect. All that was needed was for Adam to beat Kenny Omega for the World Championship clean and stand triumphant, and he did, because AEW is run by a man who knows what the **** he is doing.

The crazy thing is that as good as the main event was, and it was phenomenal, it wasn't even Match of the Night for me. The first match on the PPV proper (there was a good women's tag match on the pre-show) was MotN. MJF vs Darby Allin was SUPA HOT FIYA!

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Why I rarely watch films/tv etc. anymore ... 1:50-2:10 - so totally me. Totally.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

15 minutes ago, Lexx said:

My problem is more that Netflix keeps showing me always the same stuff and there is no easy way to find something different.

Yeah...they used to let you choose by genre categories but at least via console-app that doesn't seem to be an actual option anymore - just "Movies" and "TV" or whatever it is.

You can sorta get around it by typing in well known genres (or actor names) in the search bar - like the other night I typed "wuxia" and it did come up with a fair number of such titles - although it probably didn't list 100% all of them. I think the genre tags (action, anime, drama, romance) are still in there, just not in a click-choice format. They rely too much on that personalized algorithm stuff now.

Edit: looks like if you type romance, the category Romance shows up in the list for you to click on, vs. only seeing titles with romance in the title.

EditEdit: for anime they have: Anime, Anime Series, Japanese Anime, Romance Anime, Anime Moves, Action Anime, Animation, Japanese Anime Series, Animated Movies and ... Animal Kingdom. :lol:

Edited by LadyCrimson

Noticed one of the k-drama's I had watch-listed was completed/all episodes, so I could finally try to binge watch it.

Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha - I was interested in it because of the lead actress, Shin Min-a, who I'd seen in another kdrama long time ago. She is adorable/great (and has the cutest dimples).  I think it's a slice of life/drama/romance. Couple episodes in, it's mellow/sweet/charming, occasionally funny, the typical life-changes/smaller town type k-drama stuff. So far, so good! Might not sleep much tonight.  😄