Obituary thread

Amentep

On 6/30/2021 at 4:15 PM, Malcador said:

He could have faked his death. The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

"To be fair, if I was married to Milla Jovovich, I would also be happy just making movies that show off her butt." - Hurlsnot

"You need to be careful, lest I write another ten page essay on mythology and how it relates to Sailor Moon." - majestic

"I won't say what just in case KaineParker is reading" - Bartimaeus

"Oh no! Is there super secret ending as well? I don’t care." - Wormerine

"Get some poor minorities, that keeps WASPs away easy." - Malcador

image.thumb.jpeg.aee8d54e54462488e7d5f5d064dc0a8b.jpeg

oh wow. That just sucks.

• Sad 3

"What can't be changed must be endured"

Robert Jordan

Statler the Bat

I shared a video about him on the good news thread. Sad to see he passed.

• Sad 5

"What can't be changed must be endured"

Robert Jordan

R.I.P. "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton, age 62. Best known for being 1/2 of the Midnight Express, widely regarded as one of the greatest tag teams ever, Bobby was one of my personal wrestling heroes. ;(

• Sad 2

breen_tuna.gif.f209371d450243737d37ca9251849aff.gif

RIP Bobby Eaton.  The Midnight Express (Eaton and Condry, Eaton and Lane; I don't think I saw the earlier pre-Eaton version but may have) were one of those tag teams that regardless which territory I saw them in, you knew they were headed to the top to feud with the best.  By all accounts I've heard, Bobby was a good guy, someone who I don't think I've heard anyone in the wrestling business say anything bad about and who fans have only had positive things to say about their interactions with him. And with wrestlers that pretty rarified country because usually someone held a grudge somewhere, but not with Bobby from what I've heard.

• Like 1

Trevor Moore, most notable for being one of the main guys of The Whitest Kids U' Know. Always thought that show was awful from a number of clips I had been sent over the years because they didn't know how to time or structure their jokes quite right, but the ideas of their jokes weren't bad and comedy is super subjective and as far as I know he wasn't a terrible person, so...RIP. Cause of death not specified beyond "accident".

• Sad 1

Put fascists and sociopaths on your ignore list.

Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.

10 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Trevor Moore, most notable for being one of the main guys of The Whitest Kids U' Know. Always thought that show was awful from a number of clips I had been sent over the years because they didn't know how to time or structure their jokes quite right, but the ideas of their jokes weren't bad and comedy is super subjective and as far as I know he wasn't a terrible person, so...RIP. Cause of death not specified beyond "accident".

I remember watching that on IFC along with the Henry Rollins show. It was usually not great, but sometimes I randomly think about some of the sketches or songs they'd do. ****.

• Sad 1

"To be fair, if I was married to Milla Jovovich, I would also be happy just making movies that show off her butt." - Hurlsnot

"You need to be careful, lest I write another ten page essay on mythology and how it relates to Sailor Moon." - majestic

"I won't say what just in case KaineParker is reading" - Bartimaeus

"Oh no! Is there super secret ending as well? I don’t care." - Wormerine

"Get some poor minorities, that keeps WASPs away easy." - Malcador

5 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Markie Post at 70

f'ing cancer

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)