What are you playing now: The New Thread

Amentep

On 9/19/2019 at 9:27 PM, Gfted1 said:

That materials list is nuts! How long did it take you to gather all of that?

Ummm, about that *cough* :blush:

About a year?

gw2efficiency says I've played about 2600 hours (and died 2020 times, giving approx 0.8 death per 1 hour played 😂)

Bear in mind, the ingredients on the base ingredient list are the easy things to get. The not so base ingredients are the tough ones to get.

But, my Charr warrior is happy to carry his new friend along ☺️

HQVLvz7.jpg

6onimf2.jpg

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, GhostofAnakin said:

Finally came back to beat the level boss on that monk planet in BL3.  Had to run around and grind up to Level 18 before being able to do so, even though the quest itself was labeled as a Level 13 quest (all the enemies except the boss were around that level).

I'm a bit disappointed in the loot drops so far.  Even the bosses seem to drop mostly green and blue equipment.

I suspect that's because more and more BL series is devoted to MP design. Thus for 4 players an enemy that's a bit higher level than expected may be manageable. In BL1 and 2 I could usually do bosses 2-3 levels higher solo (4 was tough even with hubby along) but I hear some bosses are also tougher now. Have you been doing all the sides or mostly just the main questline? There's not as many tho.
I can't figure out if the scaling in the game is the same as previous, do you have an opinion on that? General enemies including badasses seem to have a range but don't always spawn as the highest possible vs. your chr. lvl.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

4 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

I suspect that's because more and more BL series is devoted to MP design. Thus for 4 players an enemy that's a bit higher level than expected may be manageable. In BL1 and 2 I could usually do bosses 2-3 levels higher solo (4 was tough even with hubby along) but I hear some bosses are also tougher now. Have you been doing all the sides or mostly just the main questline? There's not as many tho.
I can't figure out if the scaling in the game is the same as previous, do you have an opinion on that? General enemies including badasses seem to have a range but don't always spawn as the highest possible vs. your chr. lvl.

I play solo, so if the levels are designed for co-op then I'm screwed.

I've been doing the sidequests, but at least early on there don't seem to be as many as I remember there being in BL2.  So it's hard to level up doing those because of the limited number of them.  One sidequest lead to a boss battle that's even more frustrating than that one at the end of the main story mission.

The enemies during the main missions do seem to spawn at or near my character's level.  If I return to that area, however, they're always whatever they were the previous time through and don't seem to level up.

I'm using Moze.  Weirdly enough, I keep forgetting to use the Iron Bear mech, mainly because I try and save it for a really tough fight, but then get caught up in the moment and forget it's ready to go.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

After a month, I’ve played little bit of Assetto Corsa again. On weekend one hour race on Spa, where I ended a lot of times out of track, and yesterday short race on Nurburgring with McLaren MP12 GT3 car. MP12 is tough bitch for me, even smallets touch to the curbs makes it slide. I spent 1 and half hour driving in 8 lap race, until I was able to finish first, without sliding off-track. I am not looking forward to 1 hour races with this car :( But in the end, I was almost able to get lap time under 2 minutes.

My latest career 8 lap race 😄

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

BL3 - let the balance adjustments nerfing begin! ... they've done some hotfixes re: some damage values (elemental and maybe some other weapons things) as well as lowering spawn chance percentage of the Loot enemies (kind of like the treasure guys in Diablo3...) ... and something about reducing high quality drop rates in some cases? Plus maybe a bit of XP reduction? Apparently tons of people are max level etc. and practically have all the Legendaries and high Guardian Ranks already from farming certain stuff. Shocker.  It's why a months-wait isn't a bad thing. Why get used to the way things work in a loot game when it's going to change a lot anyway. Pffft.

I play solo, so if the levels are designed for co-op then I'm screwed.

Well, I don't mean that they're impossible solo or something. Just that it requires a bit more purposeful grinding (like repeating clearing of some areas twice) than before to make sure you're of level to the big-bosses. I hear there's also one or two platforming jumping type situations that are super irritating/expect to die trying a lot or something too. Don't think they were main story related tho.

Weirdly enough, I keep forgetting to use the Iron Bear mech, mainly because I try and save it for a really tough fight, but then get caught up in the moment and forget it's ready to go.

Yeah, I'm the same with the Action skills. Pet-guy can go invisible/shoot while invisible etc. which is very useful but I constantly forget to use it. 😛

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Been playing some Vaporum, feels like the first Grimrock, but steampunk, so far.

Also got Elite: Dangerous because it was on sale and I got curious. Game insists on ignoring my keyboard settings and instead setting the layout based on my locale (which I verified by changing my locale, and I don't even have the layout it insists on installed).

Not sure if I can be bothered dealing with that level of wilful incompetence so I might just refund it (which would be my first refund ever on Steam). Game is complex enough that having to deal with the keyboard mapping not matching my keyboard is not something I care to deal with (tutorial was interesting...) and messing up my locale settings because of this isn't something I fancy dealing with either. How hard is it to just use the system keyboard layout. Ugh.

39 minutes ago, marelooke said:

Been playing some Vaporum, feels like the first Grimrock, but steampunk, so far.

Can you tell more? It is still on sale, and my wallet is kind of itching, but I have like billion games on backlog. 10EUR is a good price for that game?

9 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

BL3 - let the balance adjustments nerfing begin! ... they've done some hotfixes re: some damage values (elemental and maybe some other weapons things) as well as lowering spawn chance percentage of the Loot enemies (kind of like the treasure guys in Diablo3...) ... and something about reducing high quality drop rates in some cases? Plus maybe a bit of XP reduction? Apparently tons of people are max level etc. and practically have all the Legendaries and high Guardian Ranks already from farming certain stuff. Shocker.  It's why a months-wait isn't a bad thing. Why get used to the way things work in a loot game when it's going to change a lot anyway. Pffft.

Well, I don't mean that they're impossible solo or something. Just that it requires a bit more purposeful grinding (like repeating clearing of some areas twice) than before to make sure you're of level to the big-bosses. I hear there's also one or two platforming jumping type situations that are super irritating/expect to die trying a lot or something too. Don't think they were main story related tho.

Yeah, I'm the same with the Action skills. Pet-guy can go invisible/shoot while invisible etc. which is very useful but I constantly forget to use it. 😛

They must have already nerfed the loot drops for me then because I'm not finding anything good!  I'm up to Level 19, but I'm still using a purple gun that's Level 13 because nothing better has come along.

I might end up re-spec'ing my mech because some of the trees don't appeal to me anymore.  Plus, I did kind of rush through picking stuff without reading all the future skills in a tree.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Much better start in EU4 as Russia, deciding to kick the crap out of Kazan before Novgorod.  Maybe can prevent Ottomans from moving north like last time.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

3 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

Can you tell more? It is still on sale, and my wallet is kind of itching, but I have like billion games on backlog. 10EUR is a good price for that game?

I'm not too far in (somewhere in the second major area, the Waterworks), unlike Legend of Grimrock you play as only one character. You have an exoskeleton that you wear which specializes in certain areas (tech, combat, tankyness. The choice is permanent too, fwiw) but as far as I can tell it doesn't lock you out of anything, relying entirely on gadgets if you're not tech specced appears like it would just be inefficient.

Weapons are a mix of melee and ranged so far, haven't bothered with the ranged weapons yet so can't say anything about those, except that they require ammo. And then there's "gadgets" that sort of act like slottable spells since you can swap them in and out and they use a regenerating resource (stamina), these range from damage abilities to shields and there might be others as well.

So far I've run into box pushing puzzles and timed button press puzzles and the pressure plate puzzles, so kinda Grimrock like. There's also pits to fall in (which I haven't, wonder if there's things below like there was in Grimrock, hmmmm)

There are various upgrade trees that I haven't really looked at so far as I'm trying to figure out my playstyle.

But so far it feels very much like steampunk Legends of Grimrock 1. Which is good, I feel, as my Grimrock 2 playthrough kinda fizzled out.

• Like 1

That Katagawa-ball boss fight was just dumb.  You fight two waves of "regular enemies", including some of the tougher versions and some mech thing, and then you fight him.  There's like no chance to re-stock your ammo, so if you used up a lot of it (which you probably did since most of those tougher versions are bullet sponges) there's nothing left for Katagawa-ball.

Strategy - use mech ability, run around while mech ability is recharging, use mech ability.  Rinse and repeat.

Oh, and my reward for all that?  Not even a half-way decent purple weapon.  I think I got a purple grenade that's not even better than the one I currently have equipped, and one of those special gear things that add points to your special ability.  Yay.

It never ceases to amaze me how I can't get bored out of Underrail. 

qYnt7N8.png

I know, it's probably just types of personality, but for me it's one of the best games to come out in recent years. 

Take, for example, Witcher 3, which bored me to tears. I could never finish it, or any of the Witcher games for that matter. 

• Like 2

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

On 9/20/2019 at 10:41 AM, GhostofAnakin said:

I'm up to Level 19, but I'm still using a purple gun that's Level 13 because nothing better has come along.

That happened to me occasionally in BL2 as well. On the other hand, at least a decent weapon  can last some levels and still be "ok".

From what I'm reading it sounds like the drop nerfs were largely for the Mayhem 3 option, which you can't choose until after you beat the main game. So...regular 1st story run may be set up where nothing too exciting drops without awesome luck and it's the "end-game" and these other play modes where you'll get a lot more. I mean, in BL2 the Legendaries were either very rare to drop or you had to farm a single specific guy 20-100 times to get a specific one (farming the Hellfire in BL2 was soooo annoying). Even purples were fairly rare without red chests. The only common/story enemy that had a decent chance to drop certain multiple orange/purple frequently was the dragon-like endgame boss (BL2).

ROFL - I was playing BL3 w/a new chr. and ran into a bug where NO ENEMIES SPAWNED at all, outside of a few side-quest lead/boss dudes. And with one sidequest the skags you need to kill to get their meat, those didn't spawn so you couldn't finish it. The enemy cars were missing too. Made it really easy to loot everything tho!  :lol:

After mucking about like that for a while, a loot-hoarder spawned and when I killed it, suddenly enemies were (mostly) spawning again. Very weird.

Oh and there's apparently a bug with the storage bank where all your stored items disappear. Not sure of the details, happens on both PC and consoles. Probably not super super common but be aware of the random possibility?

Edited by LadyCrimson

Since I've been home for the last few days I've been playing Ion Fury. I don't play it when I'm in the truck on the road since the gaming setup in the sleeper berth in my truck is much more conducive to gaming with a controller. Technically, I could play Ion Fury with a controller; I could also smash my toes with a hammer, but I have no intention of doing that either. Anyway, I don't know how far into the game I am, but given that I now have a weapon for every number key except 0 I'm going to guess that I'm relatively far. I just beat a level that was... I won't call it a boss fight, but it was different than all the other levels so far in that it was 1 lengthy fight in an arena-like space where the game drops a metric ****ton of enemies into it and I have to frantically Serious Sam my way around the arena until they're all dead. It was a fun fight that took me 4 tries to get through. I've gotten better less **** at the game as I have played more of it, which has me excited for the upcoming Serious Sam 4, whenever that comes out. After seeing what has happened to Wolfenstein, I'm a little worried about Doom Eternal, but I have faith Croteam won't do us wrong and will deliver a proper Sam game.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

And, continued with my Crusader Kings 1 playthorugh, getting very close to the end of the game. After yesterday, I have one more title 😛 King of Burgundy. Got like 10 or so vassals with owning this title, but made a mistake to ask for the peace treaty to late. Burgundy was also in another war with Sweden, which peaced out first and took few provinces I wanted to have :( Becoming King of Burgundy was just not planned goal, which I acquired, because I had little bit over 4000 Prestige to grab that specific title. Anyway, my reputation sunk 3 points and now I am trying to get little bit chilly until the end of the game. There are two more provinces, which I NEED to have, before the time runs out :)

Not a what am I playing, but a What Will I Be Playing post:

Soon I will delve deep into madness, and obviously I'll drag you down with me (read: Stygian releases this week).

As you get to join me in madness, you get to have a say in it!

Vote on the forumite character for the playthrough!

Things to vote on:

1) Gender:

• Male
  • Female

2) Age:

Age affects starting attributes (bonus for young, penalty for old characters to one attribute) and starting skill points (bonus for old, penalty for young characters)

• Young
  • Middle
  • Old

3) Archetype and Background:

Each archetype comes with a choice of four backgrounds, the first one always the default

• Academic (Scientist, Researcher, Psychiatrist, Physician)
  • Aristocrat (Patrician, Prodigal, Cursed Bloodline, Bankrupt Royalty)
  • Criminal (Gangster, Thief, Hitman, Con Artist)
  • Explorer (Adventurer, Pathfinder, Mountaineer, Big Game Hunter)
  • Investigator (Detective, Occult Detective, Ex-Cop, Bounty Hunter)
  • Occultist (Secret Society, Mesmerist, Depraved Occultist, Alchemist)
  • Performer (Actor, Movie Actor, Juggler, Busker)
  • Soldier (Private, Military Intelligence, Marine, Bouncer)

4) Belief System:

Affects how characters regain sanity - through acts of kindness, self-indulgence, research, prayer, or not at all since all our actions are ultimately pointless.

• Humanistic
  • Materialistic
  • Nihilistic
  • Divine
  • Rational
  • Esoteric

Stygian releases on the 26th (Thursday).

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I'm surprised at the lack of sidequests in Borderlands 3.  Seems like all I'm doing is going from one main story mission to the next because there's nothing else for me to do other than randomly run around the map looking for those "challenge" things like Typhon's logs or Claptrap's spare parts.

6 hours ago, GhostofAnakin said:

I'm surprised at the lack of sidequests in Borderlands 3.  Seems like all I'm doing is going from one main story mission to the next because there's nothing else for me to do other than randomly run around the map looking for those "challenge" things like Typhon's logs or Claptrap's spare parts.

Seems kind of like the fast travel points - there might be 1-3 sidequests per main mission area.
I got to the 1st planet w/my main Fl4k and following that lady to meet Ryhs there was the med supplies, revenge, get us coffee, and another side quest ! mark in the area right after meeting Rhys that I didn't bother to look at yet. Tbh I always thought BL2 had way too many sidequests but it's a tad sparse in BL3 if you don't include Hammerlock, logs, Claptrap like you said.

I got my 1st Legendary out of a lowly fridge - a lvl4 grenade mod on yet another new chr. Ha. Ha. Edit: I could do without the massive orange glow indicator when you find one and the "ding" sound.

Edited by LadyCrimson

Melkathi: old male nihilistic psychiatrist or divine juggler 😄

• Thanks 1