What are you playing now: The New Thread

Amentep

Completed Stygian after 17 hours. Though I did some back and forth and wasted some time.

Yes, the game ends very abruptly and shows it is unfinished. The game ends without you having completed the main quest. Basically you have half the main quest still to do when the credits show.

I agree they should have marked it as Early Access. Not having done so will garner them some negative feelings from customers.

Still it is a good game, and as some people say, one of the better lovecraftian games.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Anyone here play Code Vein yet? I'm kinda interested in it and the early Proton DB data suggests it's already running well on Linux. It seems like a VERY anime Dark Souls.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm postponing Stygian because I love everything about it so far and don't want the impression ruined by jank, which is being fixed daily yet. So back in traipsing about gates of Baldurlikes. Second one is so much better than the first (which sucks) when compared side by side, you'd think it was created by different companies. BG2 is legit good and fun, rich selection of cheeses and all. Here's hoping that none of the party schmucks rats me out to Imoen about that 20K I collected twenty times over before deigning to drag her ass outta prison eventually, but then, she's a strong gal, always finding her way out of that dungeon on her own because I never take her back.  :shifty:

Fromage du jour: make a nice circle of traps around the dragon, ooze up to him in jelly form, poke, the rest of team pelts him with spells from behind while he's ineffectually trying to stomp on jello. 

2 minutes ago, bugarup said:

I'm postponing Stygian because I love everything about it so far and don't want the impression ruined by jank, which is being fixed daily yet.

Not a bad call.

I do hope the devs make enough money to do all the things they wanted to. The game deserves to get more work done on it.

• Thanks 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Woah, I turned on my desktop today after not using it for about a month. Just too busy doing other things - mainly nothing - and event viewer tells me that the last time I turned it on was the 25th of August. That's probably the longest voluntary break I've had in my adult life.

Why did I turn it on then? Because I learned that hitting the spacebar on my laptop while playing CK2 is annoying. Currently trying to figure out the ideal set of rules for my playstyle because while I did a count-to-king run on the laptop over about 150 years, I found the China and Fourth Crusade default settings to be idiotic and immersion-ruining.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

hah ironically I played CK2 yesterday for a while, got very strong character almost getting all counties to form Scandinavian empire while my 45 yo character without reason got infirm and my regent decided that going to war for last 3 counties is bad idea. Long story short, after 3 years of doing nothing character died and whole empire collapsed to petty kingdoms AGAIN. I effing hate this game xD

• Haha 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Started a new game of Stellaris after keeping it on ice since 2.2 dropped almost one year ago. Mainly I want to see if the performance is still dismal, but also exactly how bad the AI still is.

Roleplaying race creation is still fun, we'll see if playing the actual game is anywhere near as entertaining.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

8 minutes ago, 213374U said:

Started a new game of Stellaris after keeping it on ice since 2.2 dropped almost one year ago. Mainly I want to see if the performance is still dismal, but also exactly how bad the AI still is.

Roleplaying race creation is still fun, we'll see if playing the actual game is anywhere near as entertaining.

I would still waited for next update/DLC, there is still no diplomacy and the game desperately needs it, unless you want to paint whole map with your colors, in that case purging robots are easy to do so

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I guess. I wanted to check if they have made any advances in reducing jank derived from the pops rework and all that. If not, it won't matter if they make the most comprehensive diplomacy-focused DLC because the game will be a micromanagement hell to play, and one that slows down to a crawl once things start getting interesting too.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I'm playing the "waiting in queue on Destiny 2" game. Apparently there's lots of free players who are only slightly less new than me. And also the moon is haunted.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

1 hour ago, Tale said:

I'm playing the "waiting in queue on Destiny 2" game. Apparently there's lots of free players who are only slightly less new than me. And also the moon is haunted.

Weird, many in my clan (mostly US, afaiu) also had queues, wasn't a problem for me (EU). Though the game was constantly "connecting to servers" (meaning it was teetering on the verge of timeout, as far as I can tell) but I managed to get through the first two missions on the Moon fine and also completed the Black Armory mission I got disconnected from before (non-Moon areas appear to run a lot better, so I might just go and level my Titan for now)

Bit of a shame about them being unable to handle the load but honestly the game experience has, barring the fact that everything requiring network is slow (like buying things from vendors etc), been a lot better than what I experienced prior to the Steam switch (where I'd regularly lose progress due to disconnects, at some point I half-joked that half my game time on D2 was re-doing progress I lost due to disconnects)

Haven't tried any PvP or Strikes yet, so maybe disconnects will still turn out to be a big issue there but so far so good and if they finally manage to gracefully handle overloaded servers and other types of disconnects now then I might play quite a bit more of the game (and maybe even more PvP, heh)

Edited by marelooke

I just killed Jesse Cox, Dodger, and Angry Joe in The Witcher 3. I had forgotten they were in the game,  :lol:

I do need to take a break from the game though. It's a great game, but Jesus H Christ it's long, and that's not even counting the expansions. I may just take the plunge and get Code Vein.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Being a fan of turn based goodness, I gave Battlestar Galactica Deadlock a try. Not bad, even if I got my butt handed to me by the AI. I need to play tutorials for a bit I think :sweat:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I made it into Destiny 2 last night. I was stuck at 1739 for like an hour and it just let me in all of a sudden.

Melee finishers are mostly pointless. Occasionally it's faster to use it against a tougher enemy than shooting them. And the quests are interesting. But it's kind of tired seeing some of the same public quests from the EDZ.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I started playing Code Vein, the new action RPG from Bamco. The game can be described as post apocalyptic anime vampire Dark Souls. If you've played Souls' games then the gameplay will feel very familiar. Light attack, heavy attack, dodge, parry, backstab, manage your stamina, manage your estus flasks regeneration, when running low on resources decide whether to be safe and trek back to the nearest bonfire mistle, which will refill your health and healing and allow you to save, but also cause all enemies in the area to respawn, or chance it and trek further in hopes of finding another mistle or opening a shortcut. You know the drill.

From what little of the story I've seen so far, something happened that destroyed the earth, I don't know whether it was a war or some manner of cataclysm. Most of the humans died, but introducing a parasite into the blood of the fallen brought them back to life with superhuman abilities and a thirst for blood. In the game they're called Revenants, because vampires was too on the nose, I guess? Anyway, you play a Revenant and there are these weird plants that grow essentially blood fruit, which can sate the thirst of the Revenants (so they don't have to feast on the precious few humans left), but these plants are in short supply and you are trying to find a way to make more grow so that there is enough blood fruit to go around for the Revenants. If Revenants go without blood for too long they go feral and become The Lost.

Pretty fun so far. Combat feels good and the story has me interested.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Still playing through Borderlands 3.  Found a few more sidequests on my return to Pandora, but they feel ... empty.  Maybe it's nostalgia, but a lot of the sidequests in BL2 seemed to feel as though they were part of the overall story.  This time, it's just random characters who don't seem to add any fleshing out of the world just asking me to do random stuff.  Or maybe I'm just misremembering BL2.

In any case, the game can get addictive when you're on a mission and engaged in clearing out areas.  But it just seems a lot more lifeless than the previous games.  The only thing keeping my interest is pushing through the main campaign.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

1 hour ago, GhostofAnakin said:

In any case, the game can get addictive when you're on a mission and engaged in clearing out areas.

When I reached Atlas HQ for the 1st time I ended up just running past everything. I've gotten to where I find myself doing that frequently, just to get to the mission's point/boss, side or main.  One of the UI things I liked about BL2 was that sidequest descriptions gave you an idea what the reward would be (sniper, $$, SMG, etc) so you had at least a vague idea if you were even interested.
On the bright side, I get constant amusement from Flak's Jabber pet. He is hilarious, always grabbing explosive barrels and half the time hurting himself. He does it on his own, it's not me Commanding him. Sometimes he picks up a barrel just when there's no enemies left and thus is "stuck" carrying it all over the map.  Ha. Ha. And Rhys' VA is the same one that voices Noctis in FFXV (Ray Chase) which has been interesting. :D

I should replay some of BL1, just for the pistol/sniper goodness.

Other gaming, I'm contemplating Code Vein ... altho it would be a bit like DMC5 where I probably wouldn't get terribly far. But the chr. creation and anime style are appealing and I hear that overall it's not as difficult as most "souls like" games, due to power creep. Plus, AI companions vs. being solo smasher always appeals to me/makes it a bit easier (you can play it w/out companion to make it harder). I should wait for a sale but not sure I will.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I finally finished Skyrim. It only took 8 years! Now WTF am I going to do?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Go for another Bethesda masterpiece

Fallout 76!

*evilgrin*

• Haha 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

EU4 game is going ok, sort of.  Formed Russia and managed to reach the Caspian Sea, so having three trade nodes isn't too bad.  Probably made a poor choice in picking Quantity instead of Defensive, given the Ottoman swarm to the south. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 10/1/2019 at 6:36 PM, ShadySands said:

I just started a new game of CK2 and I picked a random count and decided to try to stay a count until the end of the game. I've never attempted such a low stakes game before

And that game ended in about 75 years. Maybe next time I'll pick an out of the way county that won't constantly be having wars pass through

Free games updated 3/4/21

More Destiny 2, tried some Gambit. Seems like the improvements to connectivity don't extend to PvP.

Nothing's as demotivating like getting booted from a match because the game's networking is trash, especially if you've been doing really well too.

Wouldn't be nearly as bad if PvP wasn't basically mandatory in Destiny 2 (but then I would never play it as the terrible servers suck all the fun out of it)

Edited by marelooke

I played the hell out of Crusader Kings, but I don't have much interest in CK2 or EU3 or beyond.  Good games, but I'm played out on them.

I recently started a game of Deadfire.  Wow!  It's a wonderful game!  I plundered as much as I could for the moment in Neketaka and then made my way to Deadlight.  I think I did most everything there and now I'm going to explore and collect bounties for just a bit.  I'm ~10th level, so I don't know how much I have left to go, but it's simply brilliant!

• Like 1

"Not for the sake of much time..."