RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - CON SEASON

Blarghagh

Every time I see a Megaman entry, I just think about Megaman X8, Megaman Zero 1-4 and Megaman ZX / Advent.

It's so odd when series abandon all the strides in design that are made over the years. Same goes Symphony of the Night, or Metroid Fusion. Even during the "Metroidvania"-indie rebirth I only ever thought a few titles did justice to the medium. Now that fad is over and the space is still left empty.

• Like 2

Telltale plans to finish The Walking Dead despite mass layoffs.

Class action suit...r00fles!!!

There is no legal requirement under California law that employers provide severance pay to an employee upon termination of employment. Employees should refer to their employer's policy with respect to severance pay. ... (ERISA), are subject to federal law.

Whoopsy daisy....

Myself mainly, I like to write.

Not sure why you and others insist that one must make posts for members and granting a response from them?

I've already gotten to know you guys or somewhat your tastes or lack of so if not for myself, then guests. You gotta remember that this part of the forum gets the smallest traction of members ad is viewed moreso by general guests/non-members so it's common sense that I'm not BS'ing lol

Well, posting for members' benefit and getting response is the chief purpose of a forum - behind providing a setting to abuse other people easily. So it seems strange to spam a board gratify one's self alone, and if you like to write but just for yourself, you can write a novel or blog.

The thread is for posting game news, he is posting game news, whether or not he's spamming is a question for the moderators to decide. What I can say is that the 10 or so posts people like yourself have used to criticize him is NOT game news, so now if anyone is looking for game news they need to filter through your snobbery in order to find it.

I don't see how that's much of an improvement to his "spamming".

• Like 1

^The irony.

Telltale plans to finish The Walking Dead despite mass layoffs.

Class action suit...r00fles!!!

There is no legal requirement under California law that employers provide severance pay to an employee upon termination of employment. Employees should refer to their employer's policy with respect to severance pay. ... (ERISA), are subject to federal law.

Whoopsy daisy....

But, but, but they will sell those finished games and surly use those profits to pay the poor workers.

Edited by Sarex
  • Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Myself mainly, I like to write.

Not sure why you and others insist that one must make posts for members and granting a response from them?

I've already gotten to know you guys or somewhat your tastes or lack of so if not for myself, then guests. You gotta remember that this part of the forum gets the smallest traction of members ad is viewed moreso by general guests/non-members so it's common sense that I'm not BS'ing lol

Well, posting for members' benefit and getting response is the chief purpose of a forum - behind providing a setting to abuse other people easily. So it seems strange to spam a board gratify one's self alone, and if you like to write but just for yourself, you can write a novel or blog.

The thread is for posting game news, he is posting game news, whether or not he's spamming is a question for the moderators to decide. What I can say is that the 10 or so posts people like yourself have used to criticize him is NOT game news, so now if anyone is looking for game news they need to filter through your snobbery in order to find it.

I don't see how that's much of an improvement to his "spamming".

Well if you can read, you can see I'm responding to his quote about who he posts for - so was having a discussion with him - not that hard to follow. Also how is it snobbery by anyone ? As was mentioned if the posting volume reaches a certain point, becomes redundant to something like r/games, for example.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/2018-09-19-new-stuff/

Guy who made Banished is working on something new possibly.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

New trailer for Project Judge from the Yakuza team.

https://youtu.be/p19Mou6VjUU

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Also bugger off of Sonic. This thread would be almost dead without him so let him do his thing.

The thread itself has proven your point already. If we're being honest, it's gotten pretty bland now, since the drama died down. Then again, perhaps it was the drama that was entertaining souls and not the news after all?

4 posts within the last 35 hours comapred to the 50 comments within 24 hours following my posting cannot be considered a good thing regardless of where we look at it from. It's as if the islamic paradise has landed and peace is when only a few remain and everything else is cut out.

With that, I think it's time for me to spam again (though it was never spamming in the first place). Though, it was good to see that the majority of members on the thread counted my comments as informational/helpful. I chose to see the mishap as just another forum thing. More realistically, I doubt anyone will care to remember the thread or specific comments on it in a couple weeks, I know I won't... I mean it's a forum, it's nothing serious to any of us by any means. I came (with pleasure) to accept the fact there is no pleasing everyone, and never will be. I'm damned if I do or I don't, whether I post videos with context or without, meh. But one thing is certain, I will not just uproot and disappear. That would be a great disservice to everyone and the guests who are discouraged and browsing about in their depression.

Alas, Onward to the news and we have some GREAT news :)

https://youtu.be/Ws279rmSFC0

The Witcher gets a Telltales type game? Yes, that means it's going to be good. Pre-order available now. Role playing is the genre is falls under so expect lots of "Role playing" to be had. Catch me drift? Lol

https://youtu.be/m5-AhmndQh4

What is Starlink?

I'll tell you...

Starlink is another Ubisoft masterpiece, it is basically the No Man's Sky we actually wanted and never got. Here is a full hour video featuring the gameplay on hard difficulty. You can buy stocks, trade with meechants, fully customize your ships with modular parts. Imagine having gyro-plasmic cannons in one wing pod and a photon-variable cannon in the other. That's possible - as the video shows. God it looks amazing and I'll be purchasing it on PS4 or PC.

What I really like is that it seems to take clear inspirations from Star Citizen and Dark Star One. Dark Star One still being held on the bathroon stool for being the best space sim ever made, making Wing Commander seem elementary basic.

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I'm not sure how in the world we're getting Lego games and fighting games with far more depth and freedom in character creation and customization than the most complex rpg's and mmo's but that is what's happening.

Also, just look at those portraits!!

Sony waving that white flag and finally announcing they will be enabling cross-play on PS4. So you'll be able to play Fortnite on PS4 against someone who's on android. Essentially, it's going to be the most fluid cross-play because Sony's like "If we do it, we're gonna do it like Nike!"

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

A very Frankenweenie Hallowbeanie post follows in this gravely thread... BOO!!!

https://youtu.be/0ro7LY4GBWQ

Last Year: A High School Horror Game

^For Horror fans or anyone looking for some type of nostalgic fix for Halloween season. Very 90's-ish.

I'm really digging this, it appears to be an MP game in the essence of Team Fortress 2.

If you watch the trailer, you'll probably notice there's alot of nods to Dead Rising, Lolipop Chainsaw and Resident Evil. These devs are obviously Crapcom fans and that's a good thing. I'm going to keep an eye on this and follow what happens. If interesting enough, I might just try it out, though can't say I'm not an MP gamer by any means - I work better alone.

(Link removed, Injurai beat me to it)

Celebrate Halloween this year with some remastered Castlevania! It doesn't get better than this, it's almost as if they were originally designed to be okayed on a DS4 controller.

You can pre-order these now.

Can't wait to see what other horror stuff gets teases/announced whether new IP's or remasters.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE !!!!

Edited by SonicMage117

The new Witcher Thronebreaker is a cel-shaded full-blown Crpg without the poor D&D ruleset (replaces combat with card mini game) also featues full top-notch voice acting :)

This gameplay video will show you what it's all about.

It kinda reminds me of Pyre in a way. Looks beautiful!

Edited by SonicMage117

The new Witcher Thronebreaker is a cel-shaded full-blown Crpg without the poor D&D ruleset (replaces combat with card mini game) also featues full top-notch voice acting :)

Not quite what I was expecting/hoping for.  But anything CDPR or Witcher, I'll get.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Reminds me of this old Yugioh GBA game I borrowed once from a friend. You sort of walk around a city looking for people to play cards, with a loose rpg story basically butressing what was mostly a digital version of the playing card game.

Thronebreaker is meant to have a good, 'proper' story, you just resolve stuff with the card battles instead of rhythm games like TW1 and mouse 1 or roll spam like the other two. So not at all like the previous main branch witcher games except potentially story wise, unless you're playing with the mod that already turns all the combat into Gwent battles...

Also, GOG exclusive on PC. I'd buy it just for the lols the reaction to that has brought to some quarters.

Edited by Zoraptor

Also bugger off of Sonic. This thread would be almost dead without him so let him do his thing.

The thread itself has proven your point already. If we're being honest, it's gotten pretty bland now, since the drama died down. Then again, perhaps it was the drama that was entertaining souls and not the news after all?

Or maybe, just maybe there aren't any interesting gaming news right now. I mean it's kinda proving the point with barely anyone replying to your trailer marathon.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I mean it's kinda proving the point with barely anyone replying to your trailer marathon.

Which one? My merry marathon from before all the drama? That's probably because it was buried with all the spam comments which overshadowed my posts.

As far as my current marathon, I don't know, I posted the trailer for the new Witcher game and it seemed to already collect some responses (though most did not quote me, does it count?). I know nobody else would have posted it but it seemed too important for me not to.

Also,

More important news lol

https://youtu.be/Att1G0PCj_g

Nintendo wins lawsuit against fake Mario Go-Pro company. No more go-karting for those non-stop trolls LOL!

One thing I do think this thread can do less with, is those 10-20 minute Youtube news reels that where a few people draw out video game news. I'd rather have the individual news items posted separately as they have been announced. That sort of down stream news reporting just wastes everybody's time.

• Like 1

Another company bites the dust, Capcom Vancouver shuts down. No more games from perhaps the biggest Capcom franchise.

I know I speak for every member here when I say: "Rest in peace, we're going to miss you and your games".