Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dragon Age 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
512 replies to this topic

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2811 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Stating the truth isn't trolling even if it hurts others' feelings.

DA1 console . DA2 console

This is simple fact.

R000fles!?

Nightshape

Nightshape

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1851 posts

Stating the truth isn't trolling even if it hurts others' feelings.

DA1 console . DA2 console

This is simple fact.

Ssssshhh stop trolling.

Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

Royal Bug Catcher of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 4944 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

DA1 console

Hahahahaha :lol:

Edited by Hassat Hunter, 06 April 2011 - 01:45 PM.

Nightshape

Nightshape

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1851 posts
WOW ME2 is so different on PC...

This is a good thing... Bioware certainly take the platform into consideration, but I'm finding that DA2, and ME2 play better on console... Just feels tighter.

greylord

greylord

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1053 posts

WOW ME2 is so different on PC...

This is a good thing... Bioware certainly take the platform into consideration, but I'm finding that DA2, and ME2 play better on console... Just feels tighter.

I WILL say that...ME2 WAS a LOT better on console. Some say ME2 was easier on PC...but I found the opposite. Something about the control scheme made it harder for me to center my mouse...unlike most PC shooters I play. For example, even on casual, the vault/hacking you had to do was even HARDER for me with ME2 than it was with ME1...and I didn't have any omnigel.

Part of that is that with the console version I only had 4 blips to match if I decided to play casual vs. 5 on the PC...but what made it hard wasn't the number, but that my mouse was much harder to pinpoint on the blip. In fact the entire mouse targeting on PC made it a HECK of a lot harder with ME2. Console it was dang easy to target, especially for anything like an FPS...probably because it was more an RPG.

I enjoyed the story and conversations on both however...but then it was the same story and conversations so that shouldn't be a surprise at all. The mouse interface on the otherhand drove me batty at times.

DA:O I think is debatable which it was better on. You could get more tactical play with it on PC, but it's zooming in on a face whenever you had a conversation was slightly annoying to me. If I'm zoomed out, just leave it zoomed out for the convo's as well.

They actually did a bang up conversion job for the gameplay and format with how you select skills and abilities for the Console version. I think I like the PC way of doing it better...but the Console was pretty good and I could easily see why someone would say the Console version was better because of that.

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2853 posts
The PC master race has no need for auto aim like the console plebeians. Plus the PC graphics are top notch, dem textures.

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15923 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
" I'm finding that DA2, and ME2 play better on console... Just feels tighter. "

Very rude to toll, my friend. You don't want to make the PC fanboys cry. :lol:

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4521 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

DA:O I think is debatable which it was better on.

I don't, PC was a bazillion times better. I've only tried the demo of DA2 on a console, but certainly at the moment, with the lack of auto-attack, there is no way I would play a complete game on either ps3 or x360 when the pc version exists.

Nightshape

Nightshape

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1851 posts

The PC master race has no need for auto aim like the console plebeians. Plus the PC graphics are top notch, dem textures.

Yeah, graphically its better...

It feels like a different game almost... It's not some auto aim code... The whole experience plays differently.

One must say, I hadn't realised how much effort Bioware was putting into the different SKU's until now. Bravo.

Exception being DA2 where they pretty much said, screw PC gamers.

John Lemon

John Lemon

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Backer

" I'm finding that DA2, and ME2 play better on console... Just feels tighter. "

Very rude to toll, my friend. You don't want to make the PC fanboys cry. :shifty:

Yes. Most rude. I already have to pay for bandwidth to go on the internet, I can live without an Obsidian Entertainment forum toll.

I WILL say that...ME2 WAS a LOT better on console. Some say ME2 was easier on PC...but I found the opposite. Something about the control scheme made it harder for me to center my mouse...unlike most PC shooters I play. For example, even on casual, the vault/hacking you had to do was even HARDER for me with ME2 than it was with ME1...and I didn't have any omnigel.

You had more trouble with pairs than 10 second frogger? The minigames were so much more lenient in ME2.

[...]My mouse was much harder to pinpoint on the blip. In fact the entire mouse targeting on PC made it a HECK of a lot harder with ME2. Console it was dang easy to target, especially for anything like an FPS...probably because it was more an RPG.

Just tune your mouse sensitivity a bit. I found ME2 to be rather sluggish when it came to aiming, but tweaking the sensitivity does wonders for things like that.

[...]Its zooming in on a face whenever you had a conversation was slightly annoying to me. If I'm zoomed out, just leave it zoomed out for the convo's as well.

It's no different from say, Fallout: New Vegas or Oblivion. Besides, how are you expected to see an NPC's facial expression and admire Morrigan's sneer from fifty meters away?

GreasyDogMeat

GreasyDogMeat

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1636 posts
Angry Joe Review.

Should have given it a lower score but, sigh, raises it because it is 'dragon age'. o:)

Makes a lot of good points, but likes certain things I hated. He liked having to mash the A button!? :ermm: I also actually liked the design and look of Kirkwall. It could have used more variety though considering you spend 80-90% of the game in it. He also barely touches on the repeating areas. I would have spent half the review railing on that problem.

sorophx

sorophx

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3131 posts
too many angry people doing angry reviews these days on the internet

~Di

~Di

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 992 posts

I'm not married, been living with my girlfriend for 6 years mind.

You're still together? That's great! But if you two do decide to get married, we'd all better get a formal announcement! :ermm:

Amentep

Amentep

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3294 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

That pretty much seems to be the default state of the Internet...

GreasyDogMeat

GreasyDogMeat

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1636 posts

What... don't games also send you into a flurry of rage? Maybe its just me... :verymad:

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4238 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Space
It wouldn't be as bad if Angry Joe wasn't an unfunny monotone manchild.

Same goes for any internet reviewer (mostly angry ones) really.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY, 07 April 2011 - 07:53 PM.

GreasyDogMeat

GreasyDogMeat

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1636 posts

It wouldn't be as bad if Angry Joe wasn't an unfunny monotone manchild.

Same goes for any internet reviewer (mostly angry ones) really.

To me they're kind of like the MST3K of video games. Mocking the bad ones. The whole 'angry' thing as games are expensive and time consuming and bad ones can warrant that anger. So its fun if they do the whole angry routine + some decent jokes added.

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4238 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Space
True, but I stopped having any respect for Angry Joe when I watched his interview at the VGAs and gained a lot more for Geoff in the process. Watching an "internet star" get his massive ego taken down a notch certainly was entertaining though.

It's pathetic, really.

... this might be going off-topic. We should get back to bitching about DA2.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY, 08 April 2011 - 04:29 AM.

Nightshape

Nightshape

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1851 posts

I'm not married, been living with my girlfriend for 6 years mind.

You're still together? That's great! But if you two do decide to get married, we'd all better get a formal announcement! :lol:

We're on about he Estonian lady right?

I asked her BTW, she said no.

I believe she's on play through 3 of DA.

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6797 posts

True, but I stopped having any respect for Angry Joe when I watched his interview at the VGAs and gained a lot more for Geoff in the process. Watching an "internet star" get his massive ego taken down a notch certainly was entertaining though.

Interviewing 101: you can't go up against a bow tie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users