Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers, part III

I'm glad we finally agree. :)

:lol: Confusion confirmed

Poor Achilles... :facepalm:

Poor one of us :)

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

μῆνιν ἄειδε Ἰησοῦ Ἀχιλῆος

(Nonstandard translation, for particularly dull children: "This is the story of an angry man")

οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε....

ἀνδρὶ παρ᾽ ἀκλήρῳ, ᾧ μὴ βίοτος πολὺς εἴη,
ἢ...

(Nonstandard translation, for particularly dull children: "This is the story of an angry man")

ἢ...

I’ve missed you

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

ἢ...

I’ve missed you

The irony of your name was just too much.  If you don't know ancient Greek, the first passage is a play on the opening of the Iliad: "Rage sing of Josh's Achilles, / accursed, that countless pains brought" (in ancient Greek "Josh" is, fittingly, the same name as "Jesus")... the second is from the part of the Odyssey where Achilles, in the Underworld, famously says he'd rather be alive as the servant "of a poor (lotless) man whose livelihood is not much" than king of all the dead.

My own handle has a bit of ironic relevance, with which I'll let go of these tangents: 

"toshidoshi ya saru ni kisetaru saru no men
every year yo---monkey(s)-upon wearing monkey 's mask(s)

On this New Year's hokku Master Bashō said, 'I scrawled this poem because I felt sorry to see people remain on the same spot and tumble into the same pitfalls year after year.'"
Edited by SaruNi

Ok... Go Eagles! I live in Cheesesteak Heaven! Woo!

My experience of Philadelphia has been more:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/55215c2ce4b0e4ad50063b7d/t/59bac97018b27d192ced976b/1505413490961/?format=1000w

The Eagle in the hyperrealistic dog mask did win me over a little---don't think I've ever seen Josh wearing an actual realistic Frog Helm (that looks a lot like a frog). (Frog with pickled peppers at Chili Szechuan in West Philadelphia is wonderful.) But back on topic....

Edited by SaruNi

Ok... Go Eagles! I live in Cheesesteak Heaven! Woo!

My experience of Philadelphia has been more:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/55215c2ce4b0e4ad50063b7d/t/59bac97018b27d192ced976b/1505413490961/?format=1000w

The Eagle in the hyperrealistic dog mask did win me over a little---don't think I've ever seen Josh wearing an actual realistic Frog Helm (that looks a lot like a frog). (Frog with pickled peppers at Chili Szechuan in West Philadelphia is wonderful.) But back on topic....

Nah... Nothing beats Tony Luke’s chicken cutlet broccoli rabe samwich with the garlic and sharp provy!

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

Josh’s comments today on a remastered Pillars 1 make me hopeful that it’s something we’ll actually see at some point.

Josh’s comments today on a remastered Pillars 1 make me hopeful that it’s something we’ll actually see at some point.

Seems a bit early to even talk about remastering Pillars 1.

• Like 2

The Sharmat on Sensuki:

"It is not Baldur's Gate 3 he yearns to play. It is the experience of playing Baldur's Gate for the first time."

My money’s on the VA cast :p

• Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Announcement Tomorrow :

https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/982363083560628224

Wonder what it's gonna be, advanced release date ? :p

Loose reading of the Reddit announcement is that it’s the “what the hell are all these codes for” reveal.
  • Like 1

His comments boiled down to "it would take a metric crapton of work and resources", though.

”Not easy, but definitely do-able”

Seems a bit early to even talk about remastering Pillars 1.
I think it’s come up at least once in every Dev Q&A since the Fig campaign.