Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers, part III

Gann was hot though. A pity you couldn't romance him in MotB.

You could if you were female.

Yeah, I was playing as a male character, so I meant as a male. Sorry for being unclear.

I played a female character in NWN2 + MotB just for that :wub:

• Like 1

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

@Mannock I remember Gann actually flirting at one point with a male PC. I think there was one line where he was asking if the male PC was jealous (because Gann had just complimented a woman) and another line calling the male PC handsome or something like that. That got my hopes up. But that was all that was there to it.

And so slowly all my hopes and dreams died :(
Which made me replay the entire OC with a female PC ;)

Anyway, Tekēhu is the one who intrigues me most in this regard at the moment.

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

@Mannock I remember Gann actually flirting at one point with a male PC. I think there was one line where he was asking if the male PC was jealous (because Gann had just complimented a woman) and another line calling the male PC handsome or something like that. That got my hopes up. But that was all that was there to it.

And so slowly all my hopes and dreams died :(

Which made me replay the entire OC with a female PC ;)

Indeed he did. I loved it and it got my hopes up (I had no idea who you could romance and not at that point) but to no avail.

I actually mailed MCA about it back in the days, telling him what a great character they had created and how frustrated it had left me. He took it as a compliment.

I wish I could second that, but I'm all aboard the Maia train. :)

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

I don't remember much about Gann's or any other romances in NWN2 but I still remember the super annoying and super creepy screams of his hag mother that were on the constant loop while I was exploring the dungeon she was in.

• Like 6

I don't remember much about Gann's or any other romances in NWN2 but I still remember the super annoying and super creepy screams of his hag mother that were on the constant loop while I was exploring the dungeon she was in.

Yeah, the Safiya romance was pretty subpar unfortunately (in line with romances in the NWN2 OC).

And the hag mother was horrible, indeed!

I'm not aboard any train yet, but I'm leaning more towards the old buddies, cuz I know them better. I've yet to figure out what's so appealing about a scaly fish man that turns into a...fish. Is it some sort of fetish?

• Like 2

Oh I remember that too. I will never forget it.

She always repeated something like "Knochen abreißen, Mark auslutschen" (I was playing in German back then).

It translates to "tearing off bones, sucking the marrow". I don't know if that is what she said in the English version.

It is the literal translation of what she said in the German version.

And I think she cackled after saying that.

• Like 1

I'm not aboard any train yet, but I'm leaning more towards the old buddies, cuz I know them better. I've yet to figure out what's so appealing about a scaly fish man that turns into a...fish. Is it some sort of fetish?

An Oscar worthy fetish!

• Like 2

vyLiGyO.jpg

• Like 3

I'd have to say it's purely a physical thing at this point. She looks so big and bad ass. Like she can slap anyone around. Her personality might be something completely different of course.

A love triangle with Aloth and Iselmyr could be very interesting though, I'd give you that.

The fish thing seems to trigger a few souls, yes. Don't ask me what the deal about that is though.

I'd have to say it's purely a physical thing at this point. She looks so big and bad ass. Like she can slap anyone around. Her personality might be something completely different of course.

A love triangle with Aloth and Iselmyr could be very interesting though, I'd give you that.

The fish thing seems to trigger a few souls, yes. Don't ask me what the deal about that is though.

I dunno, judging by Maia's portrait and her occupation I think she may be an even bigger hardass than Pallegina. But who knows, she could be a great buddy material.

Aloth is one of my favourites from POE1, too bad Iselmyr isn't. But I'm sure he'll manage without her just fine.

As for the fish - I'm not a big fish fan, maybe that's why I don't get it.

• Like 2

I am getting gay vibes off Tekehu, but I've been trained to expect Aloth for any m/m content because swishy elf.

I think it was stated that Tekehu is bisexual.

WHERE?! What where??! I NEED TO KNOW! SOURCE PLEASE!

OMG MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!!!

YAAAAASSS!!!

• Like 1

YAAAAASSS!!!

Or it was implied that he was. I'm not sure on the quote, somewhere on twitter I think (or in an article). Sorry if I got this all wrong.

And I've derailed this thread into romances. Pardons to everyone who thinks this is uninteresting.

YAAAAASSS!!!

Or it was implied that he was. I'm not sure on the quote, somewhere on twitter I think (or in an article). Sorry if I got this all wrong.

And I've derailed this thread into romances. Pardons to everyone who thinks this is uninteresting.

You just got my hopes up. I hope they will not be crushed as with Gannayev. Otherwise I'll blame you! :p

But yeah, okay, enough with the romances in this thread, at least for now ;)

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 1

I think it was in one of Josh’s interviews? He mentioned that Tekehu has a rather passionate personality and you’ll run into more than one of his past ... acquaintances in Neketaka. I do recall his implying (or saying flat-out straight) that he’s bisexual.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Super annoying the first time. Super heartbreaking every time after that :(
  • Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

"Where have you gone, my son, my son? Gone to rot in the sun, the sun? Please come back, my son, my son... KILL THEM ALL, ONE BY ONE BY ONE!!"

• Like 2

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

"Where have you gone, my son, my son? Gone to rot in the sun, the sun? Please come back, my son, my son... KILL THEM ALL, ONE BY ONE BY ONE!!"

Oh no, please stop! Now I can't get it out of my head, ugh.  :banghead:

• Like 1

Did a quick check on Critical Role's twitter, only Liam retweet the Tekēhu voice actor tweet, and only the Tekēhu tweet.. It could mean nothing though.

Also all the characters they teasing with is male, which begs the question: are they going to hire Laura Bailey and Ashley Johnson, just to let them doing some minor characters? That would be quite a waste of talent.

Edited by jf8350143

I think it was in one of Josh’s interviews? He mentioned that Tekehu has a rather passionate personality and you’ll run into more than one of his past ... acquaintances in Neketaka. I do recall his implying (or saying flat-out straight) that he’s bisexual.

I really hope we're not gonna get the 'anything that moves' promiscuous bisexual trope. But this isn't the 'bitch about tired m/m tropes' thread so I'll just leave it at that.

Did a quick check on Critical Role's twitter, only Liam retweet the Tekēhu voice actor tweet, and only the Tekēhu tweet.. It could mean nothing though.

Katie tweeted the Serafen line. Makes me think there’s no connection.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Did a quick check on Critical Role's twitter, only Liam retweet the Tekēhu voice actor tweet. It could mean nothing though.

So I still don't get it. Have those guys done their VO work for POE2 already and we just got this announcement now or is this going to be some kind of super rushed job in a few weeks before release? If it's the latter I have a sudden fear of yet another imminent postponement coming.