RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - FREE WHITE HOUSE MONTAGE

Blarghagh

I enjoyed it a lot more with friends than I did solo

Same here. It's my favorite MMO, but when my guild dissolved as people moved on to greener pastures, around the time when The Titan Awakes still hadn't been beaten by anyone, I found it impossible to enjoy with randos. I've tried to get back to it once or twice, but it's just not the same.

A pity, I enjoyed the gameplay and dungeon design way way more than the WoW-derivatives that are so common now.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I enjoyed it a lot more with friends than I did solo

Same here. It's my favorite MMO, but when my guild dissolved as people moved on to greener pastures, around the time when The Titan Awakes still hadn't been beaten by anyone, I found it impossible to enjoy with randos. I've tried to get back to it once or twice, but it's just not the same.

A pity, I enjoyed the gameplay and dungeon design way way more than the WoW-derivatives that are so common now.

Yeah, well, I think my WoW and SWTOR guilds basically ruined MMOs for me. It's probably not the fault of the games but I developed an online version of extreme anti-social and misanthropic behavior that makes me incredibly loathe to even try to find someone for fun group activities, let alone put up with the eccentricities of the special snow flakes that seem to make up 99% of any given MMO's population.

Last year I tried to get back into EQ2 (played that at launch) but without friends or the ol' guild, uhm... it's just a big empty game world with a lot of busy work and little to look forward to.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Could try to get an Obsidian guild going but last time we did that with Rift it fizzled out quickly. I think I only ever saw Calax and Hurlshot and even then just like once or twice before everyone abandoned that game

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

Could try to get an Obsidian guild going but last time we did that with Rift it fizzled out quickly. I think I only ever saw Calax and Hurlshot and even then just like once or twice before everyone abandoned that game

's too much time differential between us Yuro-Peons and you Yankees to make that work and not enough posters/players in each area to make two of them, I think. Even if it would be a nice idea. :)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Phoenix Point target release date pushed back to June 2019 (source)

I expect this to slide some more but if that means they can give us a quality experience like we've seen in the first backer alpha then I'm all for it.

• Like 1

Anyone how information about X-Com? I want to know if development for second title ended so I might finally pick it up. I don't want ot get surprised by another DLC/Expansion...

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Anyone how information about X-Com? I want to know if development for second title ended so I might finally pick it up. I don't want ot get surprised by another DLC/Expansion...

The big expansion, War of the Chosen, already dropped, so I'd say it is safe to pick up.

Although I don't really get this way of thinking. The major DLC's for both Xcom's basically rework the structure of the game. Playing Xcom vanilla and then playing through it with the Enemy Within expansion are two fairly different experiences. It is the same way with Xcom 2 vanilla and the War of the Chosen expansion. 

edit: Bummed that Phoenix Point is being pushed back, but it is looking like a huge project and I can see why they would need more time. 

Edited by Hurlshot

Huh, never ever would I have expected to see a new Rage game. But looks like they are turning it into some sort of Borderlands. Eh..

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Not gonna lie, Rage 2 looks like Fallout that Bethesda always wanted to be

• Like 3

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

The big expansion, War of the Chosen, already dropped, so I'd say it is safe to pick up.

Although I don't really get this way of thinking. The major DLC's for both Xcom's basically rework the structure of the game. Playing Xcom vanilla and then playing through it with the Enemy Within expansion are two fairly different experiences. It is the same way with Xcom 2 vanilla and the War of the Chosen expansion. 

edit: Bummed that Phoenix Point is being pushed back, but it is looking like a huge project and I can see why they would need more time. 

to each his own I say. I am sometimes fine with DLCs, but sometimes I just want that complete experiance from the start

• Like 1

I am sometimes fine with DLCs, but sometimes I just want that complete experiance from the start

It's not about complete experience per se, with War of the Chosen, it's about getting a very different one. While getting the full experience seems to be a good choice, I'd recommend playing vanilla (perhaps with the couple of DLC released for it) and only when you're done with that giving War of the Chosen a shot.

At any rate, waiting and buying a fully patched version of a game cheaper is always a good choice, unless you want to support a dev/game.

Edit: Hurlshot'd.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

Not gonna lie, Rage 2 looks like Fallout that Bethesda always wanted to be

Not sure about that, two very different types of games. Still though, I wonder what this means for Fallout. My thought is they are rebuilding their production pipeline for TES around new tech, maybe even id's tech, and hopefully Fallout will be hibernating alongside it.

Looks freakin' awesome!

Looks like MadMax on crack and steroids, I like the vibe of the trailer, but I am little bit affraid of the Open World design...

I am maybe to old, but I really prefer small scale levels, with unending action, like Doom 4, Hard Reset or Quake 2, than wast openness, where you have to search for an action for half an hour or more... I would love to see a proper balance between these two factors. I really am unable to imagine quality open world, without checkbox design, with uninterupted flow of shooting mayhem... But I hope that id and Avalanche, can raise the bar of the genre with this game higher than Ubisoft ever could.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Looks freakin' awesome!

Heck yeah. I loved the first RAGE, so I'm very happy that there making a second one. This makes me

want to revisit RAGE 1 and do a new playthrough, since it's been a few years since I played this last.

Edited by wolfrider100
  • Like 1

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Well that trailer looks completely different to what Rage was, so I wouldn't expect there to be much connection, except for a couple weapons and enemy types maybe. It's probably going to be like old Prey and new Prey, or old Return to Castle Wolfenstein and the new ones, etc. I'm pretty sure this is going to be a Mad Max, Borderlands and Fallout mix, set in the Rage universe.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."