RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - FREE WHITE HOUSE MONTAGE

Blarghagh

Does remind me of Borderlands, but must just be the way the trailer's presented more than anything else.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well that trailer looks completely different to what Rage was, so I wouldn't expect there to be much connection, except for a couple weapons and enemy types maybe. It's probably going to be like old Prey and new Prey, or old Return to Castle Wolfenstein and the new ones, etc. I'm pretty sure this is going to be a Mad Max, Borderlands and Fallout mix, set in the Rage universe.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, though. The new Prey was an amazing game.

I doubt RAGE 2 will have random loot, to me it looks more like a marriage between the original RAGE and DOOM 4. The game does look like RAGE 1 in some ways: the buggy is still there, same goes for the the Wingstick and

. Gameplay is very similar to DOOM 4 though.

I am also one of the dudes who happened to enjoy the original RAGE a whole lot. One of these days I might replay it because I never got to play The Scortchers dlc.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Not saying it's a bad thing, just saying that it doesn't look like Rage to me... at all. :>

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

• Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Well that trailer looks completely different to what Rage was, so I wouldn't expect there to be much connection, except for a couple weapons and enemy types maybe. It's probably going to be like old Prey and new Prey, or old Return to Castle Wolfenstein and the new ones, etc. I'm pretty sure this is going to be a Mad Max, Borderlands and Fallout mix, set in the Rage universe.

Spiced with a little bit of Bulletstorm.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Didn't most of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. team end up elsewhere by now. So it's basically a game using the name but made by different people? Or am I getting that wrong? Not sure if I should be excited or scared right now, so I'll just go for both. :aiee:

Didn't most of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. team end up elsewhere by now. So it's basically a game using the name but made by different people? Or am I getting that wrong? Not sure if I should be excited or scared right now, so I'll just go for both. :aiee:

The whole studio was basically shut down for a few years so it would be pretty much a new team unless some return. Having said that, the people who left largely seemed to be obsessed with turning Stalker into a MP game except the Metro guys who left earliest, and Sergei G himself seems to have a decent idea of what made Stalker memorable.

They have done Cossacks 3 since re-opening which seems a poor fit for Stalker, but then again they'd only (?) done Cossacks1/2 prior to StalkerSoC as well and that didn't do it much harm, ultimately.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 1

I believe most of the team either went to join the Metro guys at 4A (which then moved to Malta.) Or went to Vostok to work on Survivarium. A few people went on to make some indie puzzle game that was sort of pitched like a Myst, I totally forget the name and don't know if it ever came out.

It was called Cradle, and it did manage to come out. And in spite of my distaste for most games of that form, I quite enjoyed it and highly recommend it to everyone here.

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Not saying it's a bad thing, just saying that it doesn't look like Rage to me... at all. :>

Well, it's again that time of the year, kids: Let's beat Lexx after school.

Watch out though, he might have Skazz with him as support.  

• Like 1

Free DLC incomming to Deadfire next week. With new companion and loads of Rum :D

Don't have links atm. But google-fu might help you to find info about it :)

Edit: lol it's already announced in Deadfire forum. Missed it, because it was posted, when I was already sleeping :D

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Free DLC incomming to Deadfire next week. With new companion and loads of Rum :D

Don't have links atm. But google-fu might help you to find info about it :)

Edit: lol it's already announced in Deadfire forum. Missed it, because it was posted, when I was already sleeping :D

Snatch the pebble from my hand, young grasshopper.

Oh no. I want to replay the game, but this kind of stuff makes me just delay everything and then I will lose motivation.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Five bucks says my dog can beat up your cats!

• Like 1

-Rod Serling

Five bucks says my dog can beat up your cats!

You'd lose five bucks AND would have to pay a vet patching up your crippled dog. That barely seems worth the hassle. ;)

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Man, I never knew that the creative director of Metro: Exodus used to be the lead designer of Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl. <- Great article by Eurogamer.net

Here's the official statement from 4A Games and Deep Silver:

"The development of Metro Exodus is progressing well; we are all really excited by what we are seeing. We have been constantly reviewing the games progress to ensure that we deliver a product that gamers and fans of the Metro series want and deserve, as well as keeping an eye on announcements from our competitor products. We want everyone to be able to experience what is the most ambitious Metro game to date at its absolute best and therefore we have taken the decision to move the release date to Q1 2019.

"We know that this will be disappointing news for fans that had hoped to play the game this year, but also know that you will appreciate the results that this additional development time and new release date will bring. We would also like to take this opportunity to confirm that at E3 in June we will be revealing some brand new gameplay from a never before seen game environment for you to enjoy."

GOTY 2019!

TW3 and GTAV will get a pass. I do think there is a difference between a game that sells itself as a sex product and one that just depicts adult content in a sensibly contextualized manner. Some products their primary outward branding is a school girl in heat with the camera. Some people don't want that plastered all over and that's understandable.

Games that are primarily sex products are better tucked away in an opt-in adult section. Not sure why Steam doesn't just implement something like that.

• Like 1