Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Racial Traits

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

CottonWolf

CottonWolf

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Just tested precast Smart on Berserker and let them frenzy, Smart do actually canceled Confuse. So I'd say Intelligent Resistance will make them immune to Confuse.

Oh nice find!

Does that also mean that when you multiclass a Berserker with any fighter and get the ability that gives you resistance against intellect afflictions that your frenzy will not confuse you anymore? It should shift down the confuse to a lesser tier - and since confuse is tier 1...?

Yep. Someone tested it by artificially giving themselves the paladin skill that does it (Mental Fortress?), and it worked. It removes the debuff, meaning that there's a great synergy there.

Here it is:

Even double checked if there are any races with Resistance to Intellect Afflictions =)

Paladins have Mental Fortress (Resistance to Intellect Afflictions) as a passive ability. Unfortunately it's Power Level 4 so can't be reached by multiclass characters in the beta, so I can't test whether it works with the Berserker's Rage.

EDIT: "AddAbility CHARNAME Mental_Fortress" allowed me to add the talent to my Berserker/Paladin. As far as I could tell it suppresses the confusion from the Berserker's Rage. It wasn't entirely obvious, since after using Rage a red "confusion" text over on my Berserker on screen, however mousing over the various buffs next to his portrait showed no sign of confusion, and his carnage attacks didn't hit his allies, so I think it works.

Edited by CottonWolf, 21 November 2017 - 12:04 AM.

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3366 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Just tested precast Smart on Berserker and let them frenzy, Smart do actually canceled Confuse. So I'd say Intelligent Resistance will make them immune to Confuse.

It does. I tested it with the Paladin's Mental Fortress ability (using console commands) and it negates the confusion.

sethillgard

sethillgard

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Whoa. I quite like this new tier system. Might be less confusing than before, given that now we can at least have a chart explaining each one and their relationship with each other. I am looking forward to seeing how it plays, and curious about "inspirations" for each attribute as well.

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5386 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
I echo the sentiment. The tiered system’s really good! It just needs to be clearly explained in the game (which I reckon Obsidian are working on) as well as an in-game quick reference chart with the tiers and effects listed clearly and neatly.

It’s pretty good to be able to devise combos to overcome stuff like the Confusion effect from a Berserker’s Frenzy.

Only thing is that the resistance to X afflictions racials are much better than most others, so it really pays to play one of those races. The other racials should be made roughly equal in utility/power.
  • dukeisaac likes this

Madscientist

Madscientist

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1475 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Ok, we have the list about what each tier of each attribute for negative status effects is.

Is there a list where the positive status effects are listened and are there also 3 tiers for each attribute?

Now it would be nice to see such information within the game.

Searching the forum to find out what talents do is not fun.

Lamppost in Winter

Lamppost in Winter

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Ok, we have the list about what each tier of each attribute for negative status effects is.

Is there a list where the positive status effects are listened and are there also 3 tiers for each attribute?

Now it would be nice to see such information within the game.

Searching the forum to find out what talents do is not fun.

Next patch is going to have a Cyclopedia entry for the Inspirations/Afflictions.

dunehunter

dunehunter

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2549 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

So since Inspiration and Affliction counter each other, what about we make them stack each other too? So if we put two Tier 1 Inspiration on a character, they will be upgraded to a Tier 2 Inspiration. Same as Affliction.

Anyone think this is a good idea?

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1473 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

So since Inspiration and Affliction counter each other, what about we make them stack each other too? So if we put two Tier 1 Inspiration on a character, they will be upgraded to a Tier 2 Inspiration. Same as Affliction.

Anyone think this is a good idea?

At first I thought that was how it was going to work. I think it would probably be pretty exploitable though because some classes get inspiration buffs fairly early, and then could theoretically recast the same buff multiple times to quickly top out the system.

Heijoushin

Heijoushin

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1323 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Reading this thread has been enlightening.

Edited by Heijoushin, 25 November 2017 - 04:00 PM.

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1473 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

So what's the simplest / earliest available way to get a perception inspiration / perception resistance so that I can go to town with the blunderbuss?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users