You did WHAT...?!

Amentep

Yeah, go visit Bruce in SA. He totally won't murder you, honest truth.  :aiee:

You mustn't worry about the crime, yes it is real and worrying but  we dont see it and its not something you tend to think about in most places  o:)

How to stay safe in Joburg:

;)

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I just ordered my second fountain pen. Another Pilot Metro, but one of the Retro Pop styles and with a medium nib instead of fine. I also bought my first bottled ink so I'll be moving on from cartridges. Is it weird to be excited about a pen?

I'll be writing in purple and deep lavender, aww yiss.

My collection of 120 says no. I should get a Kaweco pen again

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I like roller balls best, but something elegant about fountain pens. Must be the light touch required

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah, for lefties fountain pens are smudge factories rather than elegant. :p

Serves you untermensch right! Though I guess you would have to use that weird writing form where you write more down rather than across or something

The real solution to being a lefty is to only right in Arabic, Hebrew, Urdu, or historical Japanese.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

My Dad flew to  Cape Town last night for a conference around plants, he is retired now and is committed to conservation , and he met the estate agent who is trying to sell that cottage ...he  asked some interesting questions. See the responses below :)

Would we be able to make alterations to the cottage or is it under a heritage programme?

No heritage programme, the cottage can be changed as you like it.

You could also build another dwelling on the property without departure.

What other conditions are there relating to land usage or protection?

It is zoned as agriculture so you would fall under the these zoning restrictions.

It is outside of the nature reserve regulations so no restrictions from that side. Of course, if you wonder over the boundary into the reserve then the reserve usage regulations would apply.

The seller has put a restriction on building on the southern slope of the koppie (it overlooks his other property over the river)

Does it have an electricity supply?

No, it has solar panels for minimal power needs.

What are the conditions of purchase? Are you the selling agents for the property?

Aside from the above there are no other conditions. Yes we are the agents for the property.

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Trying to follow Blizzcon at work

Oh is that going on? Ever since WoW fell out of it's hey day, Blizzcon hasn't been on my radar. The fact that you could sort of "live in" wow really lead to a wealth of content that could be covered. Are there any expectations of a new game being announced?

I received a 30 day notice from my tenant today. Hard to believe it's been a year!

So.... anyone want to rent a townhouse?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Nvm, upload didn’t work. But it had some nice pictures of a river at dawn

Downsized and Added one for you wonderful people. post-165831-0-62220200-1509735798_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Ben No.3
  • Like 2

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Oh is that going on? Ever since WoW fell out of it's hey day, Blizzcon hasn't been on my radar. The fact that you could sort of "live in" wow really lead to a wealth of content that could be covered. Are there any expectations of a new game being announced?

Official vanilla server

Dunno if that interests anyone

Free games updated 3/4/21

Official vanilla server

That's very cool, but I can't imagine trying to relive those days. Just doesn't have the same inertia behind it.

This morning I picked the last of the vegetables in the garden. All the was left was a row of acorn squash and a row of turnips. Next week I'll turn the soil and let it sit until spring. Or maybe next spring. That is a hell of a lot of work!

But I'm making acorn squash soup in the crock pot. 

Now it's iced tea and college football all day. 

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Do you use manure? And if so, when do you add it to the soil, when you plant the seeds or when you turn the soil?

When it's sitting I actually use a mix of alfalfa pellets and cottonseed meal. It's pretty cheap and effective. But you have to keep turning it or alfalfa shoots start growing. They will deliver it to me so it's easy to get and spread. Manure compost is less expensive but the only place to get it from would be Millington or Dyersburg and they won't deliver to my area. And I am NOT putting that s--t in the back of my truck! 

About a month before I plant I'll start doing once a week treatments with a store bought product called Crystal Green. Once the seeds go in is should be good for the duration. 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Official vanilla server

More than any new **** they will release, but I doubt I'll have much time to play, or people to play with since I work at peak hours.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

The little ****s in the yard have started shooting at my bike with air guns, usually they just deflate the tires and laugh at me while I take a detur to work.

Nice grouping around the logo. 

Some day. 

Some day I'm going to get a hold of one of them in the act. 

• Like 3

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

11am - Wakes up, caffeine drip installed.

noon - Cat continues to try to kill owner (all day) by always following/staying within 4 inches of owners feet (no joke) so said owner will trip over cat constantly

1pm - House chores/exercise.

2pm - Hubby and I go grocery shopping. Grumble about prices like old geezers, per usual.

3pm - Made some tasty soup with pork, bok choy, rice, chicken broth etc. Soup on chilly days is the best!

4pm - Surf the internet/odds and ends.

5pm: "Sure is dark outside." (winter+US time change) (eats some chips/salsa)

6pm - Rent a movie/snuggle spouse.

8pm - "My eyes won't stay open." (old geezer unplanned nap)

9:30pm -Snorts awake.

12:30am - Can't sleep, ofc. PS4 or K-dramas? hmm.

:cat:

• Like 4
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The little ****s in the yard have started shooting at my bike with air guns, usually they just deflate the tires and laugh at me while I take a detur to work.

Nice grouping around the logo. 

Some day. 

Some day I'm going to get a hold of one of them in the act. 

Deflate their airguns when you catch them ^^ Though i wouldnt be surprised if they actually took it to the police or  something, even though they are the ones to blame. Modern teens are mostly crap lol