You did WHAT...?!

Amentep

Happy birthday LadyCrimson! :)

Need to go to bed early today, got an appointment with my doctor in 8 hours, just got home from work. >-< Forced overtime sure bit me in the ass this time.

know your parasites: the bourgeoisie.

My condolences comrade

• Like 1

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

I have sacrificed my beard to the gods of writing so that I may gain their favor on this NaNoWriMo. Blessed be their quills.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm moving to a small apartment, so I went to IKEA and bought some stuff that need to be replaced. Stayed there for 5 hours. Lots of small stuff was bought.

Make sure to allot another 5 hours to assemble the stuff you bought.  :p

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm moving to a small apartment, so I went to IKEA and bought some stuff that need to be replaced. Stayed there for 5 hours. Lots of small stuff was bought.

Make sure to allot another 5 hours to assemble the stuff you bought.  :p

I'll absolutely make sure not to read the instruction manuals.

I can't go to IKEA without gorging myself on the meatballs. It's not a good look.

I did have meatballs. I couldn't have it any other way.

• Like 1

So, the 3.5-year-old hadn't really had serious candy in any quantity prior to this past week.  He'd get a lollipop at the barbershop, and sometimes a bite of the fancier chocolate stuff that mom likes to keep in the house, but not any chocolate-based mass-market candy bars of the kind that folks often hand out to trick-or-treaters. 

Anyhow, I've always heard people allude to the effect that high quantities of sugar have on little kids, but I hadn't truly seen it until the past couple days.  I was amazed at just how quickly he went from eating 3/4ths of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup to (uncharacteristically) sprinting from his room to the kitchen and back while yelling about how fast his racecar was. 

• Like 5

http://www.perfecthideaways.co.za/accommodation/kogelberg-farm/

Guys take a look at this property and tell me if you would buy it as a family investment option, all 5 of my siblings have to agree 

Anyway take a look at the sliding photos and see if  it looks worthwhile....Im unsure as it looks a little desolate  :ermm:  

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hmm, I dont see any moat to keep out the lions. :p

Very nice! I wonder how many years a "thatched" roof lasts?

You laugh but there are always some kind of wild animal near this type of remote house but not lions 

Thatch is common in SA, its durable and keeps out the elements  ...it lasts about 15-20 years as its treated by a tar  of sorts ...I had to research it below 

http://www.amazuluinc.com/2013/05/31/how-long-does-thatch-roof-last/

:aiee:

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I just ordered my second fountain pen. Another Pilot Metro, but one of the Retro Pop styles and with a medium nib instead of fine. I also bought my first bottled ink so I'll be moving on from cartridges. Is it weird to be excited about a pen?

I'll be writing in purple and deep lavender, aww yiss.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Guys take a look at this property and tell me if you would buy it as a family investment option, all 5 of my siblings have to agree 

Anyway take a look at the sliding photos and see if  it looks worthwhile....Im unsure as it looks a little desolate  :ermm:  

Heck that looks like a place I'd love to live.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Heck that looks like a place I'd love to live.

I have been looking at the photos and Im also convinced because its about taking a  break away from the frenetic nature of my new job in the city, I haven't really taken much leave the whole year and Im taking 20 days over Xmas

@ GB 

I mentioned  this before to you, you must come visit SA. You pay for the flight and you can bring someone with if you want and we can stay at this house if we buy it. So the accommodation is free in SA, I like to encourage people to come to SA and if I cant utilize family assets for visitors then it would seem sad...but my family are very cool and  I just need to confirm what weekend...come to SA for 7 days I say? 

But we have other places like the beach cottage but this place is ideal for you I agree  8)

John Milton 

It looks great but the house seems a bit small but how much space do you need for a getaway

gas geyser = hot water heater?

PS 257 acres!

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

It looks great but the house seems a bit small but how much space do you need for a getaway

gas geyser = hot water heater?

You right, its very small...I copied these statistics 

One bedroom with high ceiling

• One bathroom

• Open-plan kitchen, dining and living area

• Gas geyser and cooker

• Solar power

But I see they say you can build additional buildings 

Oh Shady the same invite I told GD about  to come visit SA you can also come to visit to SA and bring the wife if you want, in fact I extend the offer to most other members who I know....I just need to know who

As I said I am proud of SA and if I can incentivize you guys to come visit that works for me  :biggrin:

John Milton 

Yeah, go visit Bruce in SA. He totally won't murder you, honest truth.  :aiee:

He'll have his stripper friends do it instead.

:teehee:

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yeah, go visit Bruce in SA. He totally won't murder you, honest truth.  :aiee:

You mustn't worry about the crime, yes it is real and worrying but  we dont see it and its not something you tend to think about in most places  o:)

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Seriously though, that place looks rather picturesque.

Well same offer applies to you and Hurlshot, you would basically pay for the flight and some spending money

Transport and accommodation is free ?

John Milton