You did WHAT...?!

Amentep

Yeah, unfortunately, I'm a terrible, terrible shot, and I don't really like my survival chances if someone were expressly intent on killing me. So that's not great.

As for the cat, yeah, he is pretty elderly. Over the past couple of months, it seems like he's been sick all the time while drinking massive amounts of water, and he's been losing weight. What a very bad year for the lives around me - between my sister, dad, uncle, grandma, and grandpa dying, I don't want to add my danged cat to the list here.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I'd call the cops anyway to get those girls out as their health and safety would seem more important than my own, but then I have a history of suicidal behavior so it's probably not the best advice to follow.

The awful thing is, they already *have* had the cops called on them a few times before...but they always weasel their way out of things. You might think, "oh, then they're probably not doing anything wrong, and it's just a bunch of nothing-doers pulling crap on them..." but unfortunately, I (especially now) know better. I'm so tired of this kind of crap in my life...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Yeah, unfortunately, I'm a terrible, terrible shot, and I don't really like my survival chances if someone were expressly intent on killing me. So that's not great.

As for the cat, yeah, he is pretty elderly. Over the past couple of months, it seems like he's been sick all the time while drinking massive amounts of water, and he's been losing weight. What a very bad year for the lives around me - between my sister, dad, uncle, grandma, and grandpa dying, I don't want to add my danged cat to the list here.

My last cat, Bob, was just recently put down and he had the exact same symptoms. Massive water intake (followed by massive urinating everywhere except his litter box), an unusual gait and total lethargy (even more than normal cats). We took him to the vet and they diagnosed feline diabetes. Due to his advanced age, and the twice daily requirement for insulin, we euthanized him.  ;(  This is the first time in over 20 years that there hasn't been a cat in my life.  ;(  ;(

That sucks the nuts of a mule. I assume there's remaining family or close friends keeping you there? Are there other instances (child protective services, social workers) you could contact?

Yes to the former (and also, there is a little bit of a distance - not gigantic, but a little bit - between us already...and I can't really go anywhere that they couldn't find, again, if they were really intent on killing me), "not really" to the latter. It's awful, but I think the fact that the social services in my state won't do anything against this guy will probably mean I'm not gonna get killed. Of course, this guy just recently freaking OD-ed himself and has previously expressed the whole "if I can't have them, nobody can"-crap, so that doesn't really put me at ease. It just means that other innocents are eventually going to die here unless somebody takes him out first. (e): or unless he magically becomes sane, which doesn't really seem possible but I guess it might be

@Gfted: That really sucks...and also kinda describes my cat. From what I'm reading online, frequent vomiting (which my cat has also been doing for the past couple of years) is also a sign of the more serious type of diabetes, too. I should probably get him to the vet...:|

Edited by Bartimaeus

I’ve helped out in a psychiatry once. Considering what literally everyone around there said, you should definitely tell everything you know to authorities. Then again, they also said it’s almost impossible to pin down if there’s no proof; which usually meant either they turned themselves in or they were caught in the act.

• Like 1

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Joys of transit is having people step on your feet. One girl today did it three times, felt like giving her a hard elbow to the head as holding on to the stanchion is not as important as the phone and OJ in her hands :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Went to the doctors again, got told to call in sick and come back tomorrow to meet my regular doctor. Called the insurance company to make heads or tails of how to report a workplace injury.

Oh, and said goodbye to a driver at work, she was great and I hope I'll meet her some time again.

And made a injury report with my boss.

Had loads of coffee with my boss.

Thinking about going to the toilet and relieve myself of said coffee.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

It's always fun when you spend 4 odd hours downloading a game, hit the 90% mark and have to shut things down, then when you come back to restart it... Steam resets the download back to 0% and starts all over again.

So much for my cunning plan to have a break from university workload with some new gaming....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I never had steam reset my download status. If I remember right, the client is downloading in batches, no? So technically it should only revert to the last completed batch.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Got promoted, am running the biggest branch in my division in Minnesota now. Was all worried, then got told "yeah, we promoted two people... we're leaving that third slot open for now".

I feel a bit bad for the guys who interviewed and didn't get squat.

• Like 4

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

So I will have to say that I spend some time abroad. Being in a different environment obviously changes the way people behave. Anyway, during this time, I met the girl who I am now in a relationship with.

Now I’ve been back home for quite some months now. Accordingly, I’m finally acting like me again (and it feels good... looking back, I was alienating myself from myself abroad). However, I am stating to realise she fell in love with whoever I seemed to be back then. The fact that this is a distant relationship doesn’t exactly make things easier. I’m afraid she fell for a lie, in a way. And that isn’t particularly pleasant to even admit to myself; but I have no idea how to talk to her about this.

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Give me her e-mail and I will send her that post squashed between Zizek talking about fisting.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

This string of events made me lel in the morning. :>

I can relate quite a lot. Though for me it is already enough to just go out normally. I'm like a totally different person then..

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Saw a new ophthalmologist. Was not impressed, especially as he wanted me to pay for an exam whereas I've had them covered by OHIP (the public health insurance) for the past 20+ years. Will have to find a new one, in addition to forking out for it, he's not affiliated with any hospital so I have to revisit for some technicians from somewhere to test my field or optic nerve.

Bah, waste of time and money.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That reminds me of a recent 6mo dental cleaning...so my dentist busts out these orange shaded safety glasses and puts them on me and then grabs a handheld device that looked kind of like a handheld checkout scanner. He tells me to open wide and shines a green laser into my mouth and throat and looks around for a little while. Then he says "ok, youre good". I ask him what it was and he says its a scan that can detect precancerous cells in your mouth and throat. Mind was blown. But unfortunately, my dental insurance pointed and laughed at the claim and I had to absorb the 80something charge myself. Good to know that I don't have any signs of oral cancer though. :thumbsup:

Today: Driving lessons

Scared the living hell out of me. But it could’ve been worse.

I'm actually quite jealous of German driving lessons, I would've loved to go on the autobahn! :)

You should try to enjoy it while you can, I had great fun while taking my lessons. :)

I was dissapointed in the level of education that was offered when I had to do ice training. There was only front wheel drive cars, you weren't allowed to disengage either stability control or ABS brakes or anti-spin. This might not be of great relevance since ofcourse everyone buys a brand new car nowadays... My personal car does have ABS, but it's rear wheel drive and no traction control beyond what I have in my left and right foot.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

That awareness #MeToo thing is super depressing. I was already aware that over 50% of the women I know suffered sexual abuse, I was not ready to learn the number is closer to 90% and that it applied to some of the guys I know too. Why does the world ****ing suck so much? :'(