You did WHAT...?!

Amentep

Java homework is kicking my butt

I used to be smart when I was younger, dunno what happened. :down:

You remember how they used to tell you drinking kills brain cells? And that the effects were cumulative? I bet you believe them now!  :lol:

am pretty sure the brain cell kill off from alcohol has been relegated to myth, but if it makes y'all feel better, am a teetotaler (though we do cook with alcohol) and have noticed an "old dog, new tricks" problem as we age.  

mayhap lemon-lime kool aid is the real killer o' brain cells.  given our abuse o' the beverage over the years, we would not be shocked to hear how yellow dye #5 causes early onset dementia. would explain a few things.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

You remember how they used to tell you drinking kills brain cells? And that the effects were cumulative? I bet you believe them now!  :lol:

am pretty sure the brain cell kill off from alcohol has been relegated to myth, but if it makes y'all feel better, am a teetotaler (though we do cook with alcohol) and have noticed an "old dog, new tricks" problem as we age. 

The brain damage is only indirectly caused by alcohol(ism) and it comes from substituting alcohol for proper meals over a longer period of time - essentially malnourishment usually caused by both a lack of appetite from the substance abuse and a lack of money.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Installed Tinder...

Did you get matched with Dentyne Ice ? :lol:
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just came back from the ER. Had a nosebleed that started around 1900 on the evening and it wouldn't stop at all, sat at the ER from 1am to 4am, at 3am the nurse called me in. Just as the bleeding stopped. -.-

Edit: Oh yeay, it started again...

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

IDK, I seem to get smarter when I'm drunk.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

You'll appreciate this. Back when I taking classes at MDCC in Kendall I had my final exam in Pre-Calculus II on a Tuesday night. I stopped at the Oarhouse bar & restaurant to study a bit before class. Well, it was two for Tuesday night at the Oarhouse and one Icehouse draft led to another, and another... and another. By the time I sat down to take the test I was smashed. I got a 96. There is definitely something to be said for increased performance when you're relaxed.  

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Its a beautiful day, blue skies with no clouds, going to be 70something. Ah, I love days like today. Went fishing and didnt catch anything but thats ok. Its getting pretty crowded over by my fishing hole so I think Ill switch to Sundays which seems to have less people. I'm feeling the urge to get my daydrink on and my neighbor is renoing his kitchen so Ill probably go stand around over there and be the tool monkey. But I'm always watching and learning. :yes: 

• Like 2

You'll appreciate this. Back when I taking classes at MDCC in Kendall I had my final exam in Pre-Calculus II on a Tuesday night. I stopped at the Oarhouse bar & restaurant to study a bit before class. Well, it was two for Tuesday night at the Oarhouse and one Icehouse draft led to another, and another... and another. By the time I sat down to take the test I was smashed. I got a 96. There is definitely something to be said for increased performance when you're relaxed.  

I seem to recall a study on the extended effects of alcohol on mice brains (wish I could find it again) the conclusion was that there were no decrease in neurons or neural activity but it did affect the connections between them, making recall more difficult.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

I seem to remember even less than I thought I did, which is making this first week and a bit of university feel like slightly more of a over my head. I stacked up some background reading, and a few other things to do over the weekend..then this Saturday kind of knocked that all for a six, so I shall hope tomorrow is more favourably inclined to manage that stuff without distractions.

I need to bury myself into some in depth sql, mysql, no sql, json, xml, and a batch of others for the Data Science course, while the Internet of Things unit drops you in the deep end on building sensors, activators, single-chip boards, and doing analysis on it all. I've never looked at raspberry pi or cisco packet tracer before now...

Plus, it is somewhat disconcerting to basically be nearly twice the age of all the other students. Makes it a touch difficult to connect with the people who share lectures, and you just can't really flirt with the ladies without it being creepy.

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Speaking of memory. My tasks at work really do require me to keep more than 10 things in my head, plus several licence plates, gate numbers, drivers cars and repaired lorries and containers, and whats prioritized. When I began I used up 2 A4's per day to keep tabs on things, couldn't remember more than one or two things at a time, now I'm down to one A4 per week instead.

I just kept applying myself and forcing me to remember things and learn them

My 22yo coworker still can't remember what his next task is, where things are supposed to go, or most other things that me and the others keep in memory.

I'm glad that I've been able to train my memory again, it feels good to know that not all of that grey matter has been used up by... well, something.

Also, went to the doctors again, they've plugged up both my nostrils with some foamgelatin. I don't notice any bleeding anymore, but dear god is it annoying to not be able to use your nose. It's even worse than being blocked by a cold, since there is no give at all.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I seem to remember even less than I thought I did, which is making this first week and a bit of university feel like slightly more of a over my head. I stacked up some background reading, and a few other things to do over the weekend..then this Saturday kind of knocked that all for a six, so I shall hope tomorrow is more favourably inclined to manage that stuff without distractions.

I need to bury myself into some in depth sql, mysql, no sql, json, xml, and a batch of others for the Data Science course, while the Internet of Things unit drops you in the deep end on building sensors, activators, single-chip boards, and doing analysis on it all. I've never looked at raspberry pi or cisco packet tracer before now...

Plus, it is somewhat disconcerting to basically be nearly twice the age of all the other students. Makes it a touch difficult to connect with the people who share lectures, and you just can't really flirt with the ladies without it being creepy.

You just need to work on your game, subtly imply that you know about student debt and how to get rid of it. Trust me, I've seen enough you ladies that had older gentlemen "patrons" at my time in college. Still, once you get to the economics of it, hookers are cheaper.

village_idiot.gif

Or just focus on school, to hell with the women. NoSQL is more important. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Must be annoying when sleeping. Whenever I have a bad cold, I wake up with a paper dry tongue. Condolences from Germany, Genosse.

Vielen dank. Haven't yet had the pleasure of getting any sleep unfortunately, but I reckon it's going to be just like that. I'm paranoid that I'm going to ruin my bed though, so I took a incontinence bedpad with me home that I'll be resting my head on. If that get's soaked through, I won't have to worry about my bed anymore :p

The biggest annoyance so far has been eating, getting no air through either nostril really makes it hard to get things down.

I worked around the house all day. I caught the Florida-Vanderbilt part of Tennessee-Georgia games on the radio. Then I made a porkchop & roasted ear of corn on the grill. Two porkchops actually. I made a small one for Sunny. Now it's time to sit on the porch with a glass or two of Kentucky's finest and catch the Marlins-Braves game on the radio & watch the stars come out. 

Life is pretty good you know?

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

My secondary monitor is starting to die. Takes minutes now until the screen is visible. Damn, this thing is so many years old now... but I don't want to buy a new one.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Today was my first day doing a part-time job delivering pizzas for Papa John's.  I know, not the most glamorous job, but hey, it's extra cash in my pocket, and, apparently a lot more cash than I had anticipated.  I only worked 3 hours tonight (this is after my regular full-time job where I put in 8+ hours a day) and it was a slow night and I made over $25 in tips.  Sure, that's not exactly a fortune, but that's $25 more dollars than what I had earlier in the day and it was barely work, I was cruising around in my super comfy Mazda while listening to jazz.  I'm working Friday night and Saturday night this week, and longer hours both days, and those are the busiest times of the week.  Let the money come rolling in.  :dancing:

I should have started doing this a long time ago.  :facepalm:

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I have a lot of friends that started driving for Uber and Lyft in their spare time and they are making a decent amount during high traffic times. Dunno if that's something you'd be interested in. I've come to hate driving in my old age so strike that for me.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I have a lot of friends that started driving for Uber and Lyft in their spare time and they are making a decent amount during high traffic times. Dunno if that's something you'd be interested in. I've come to hate driving in my old age so strike that for me.

I thought about doing that, but I can't get this nightmare out of my head of driving someone super drunk home and them puking all over the back seat of my sweet Mazda 6.  I super duper baby my car.  I keep is clean inside and out and I just about have a heart attack anytime I find the tiniest surface scratch in the clear coat, which I then immediately buff out using Meguiar's Ultimate Compound (that stuff is magic in a bottle).  I might straight up die if someone puked in my car.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

We outlawed Uber in Germany. Said it screws over both driver (because he isn't actually an employee and therefore not protected or schooled) and customer (because the driver is not employed and therefore Uber won't pay).

• Like 1

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows