You did WHAT...?!

Amentep

Turned on the PC, it made a fuzzy popping sound followed by a sharp burning electronics smell. Did not actually boot up. Guess I'm picking up a new power supply tomorrow...

Then a motherboard or RAM

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Turned on the PC, it made a fuzzy popping sound followed by a sharp burning electronics smell. Did not actually boot up. Guess I'm picking up a new power supply tomorrow...

When that happened to me, it was Power Supply and Graphics card.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Watching these poor CNN guys report while being blasted with water and sand. Wonder what kind of pay they get for this duty

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's always nice to see how optimistic the people on this forum are... That positive outlook on life is rare to find. ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It's always nice to see how optimistic the people on this forum are... That positive outlook on life is rare to find. ;)

Hope is just the first step on the road to disappointment.

• Like 1

My parents are safe, though without power, after Irma. I hope all our Floridians are safe also and everyone in Georgia and Alabama gets through the storm safely.

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I think I'm alive else I'm in Hell. Is hard to tell in Florida, if the power isn't restored today, I'll ask to see the Devil.

• Like 6
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'm sending you my hopes and prayers in these trying times.

• Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

So, how about that Pewdiepie.

hqdefault.jpg

How is that word even in someone's vocabulary?

He's Swedish. I dunno, for shock value.  His weird bleached blonde hairdo make's him look like a white supremacist though.

I kinda support the idea that a word means whatever you want it to, and if that word has fewer negative connotations in 10 years than it does today it will be because of people like him. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Hasn't that dude already walked it back and apologized?

As far as the word itself, I've been called **** so much that it doesn't mean anything to me anymore  :shrugz:

If you want to insult me you'd need to criticize something I could change but don't, like my writing ability

Free games updated 3/4/21

As far as the word itself, I've been called **** so much that it doesn't mean anything to me anymore  :shrugz:

If you want to insult me you'd need to criticize something I could change but don't, like my writing ability

That's super upsetting to hear, but you are clearly a better man than me. 

• Like 1

am having no idea who this pew guy is.  a blogger o' some sort? saw his name attached to a wall street journal article o' all things. something 'bout a swede being skewed towards anti-semitism? honest, we couldn't pick pew out o' a police lineup, and whenever we gets a momentary urge to sate our curiosity, our more rational brain suppresses. thank goodness. however, we will observe based on what little we see in this thread, avoiding tasteless jewish humor in favor o' mocking other minority groups might not have been the best way to distance himself from his previous controversy.

am not having shady's problems with insults, but is only 'cause o' mistaken identity.  our hair has been cut short since sophomore year high school, and we is unintentional discourteous to bigots as we tend to wear suits instead o' buckskins and feathers or flannel and jeans.  is none o' the overt visual cues which would give our oglala heritage away to the average redneck/hillbilly.  we get lumped in with mexicans for most o' the racial insults directed our way, a few o' which we simple don't comprehend save for through context.

honest, we get insulted more for being an attorney than being oglala... or mexican.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

He has the most subscribed to channel on YouTube and became a millionaire by screaming at games and making jokes for 12 year olds.

isn't he swedish? thought there were an unwritten rule which states a person need have an English accent to be a successful youtube blogger? curious.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Have power and coincidently (?) Cell phone signals again. Huzzah! Only a day and a half without.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Have power and coincidently (?) Cell phone signals again. Huzzah! Only a day and a half without.

Finally got Power back plus Internet only 4 days without. We were considering tying ourselves to the shore and sleeping out in the lake, alligators be damned. Hopefully every forumite in South Florida came out all right.

So...what did I miss?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif