You did WHAT...?!

Amentep

Hope everyone remains safe wherever ya are due to the storm here and coming.

Got my kids and the Woman coming up to stay with me in NC since storms don't do much dmg here as elsewhere. Plus they live in SC and that's below sea level so yeah flooding will be an issue. I know 2 years ago their area got flooded bad, but their house was safe because it's on top of an old Indian burial ground (not many times u'll hear a good thing about building/living on top of one lol), but with how bad this one will be don't think that's gonna help them any.

Also hopefully my bro and dad will get more inland from the beach, stubborn **** just like myself, they usually ride out the hurricanes. Hopefully they got some sense this time if it gets up our way.

Edited by redneckdevil

Got my kids and the Woman coming up to stay with me in NC since storms don't do much dmg here as elsewhere. Plus they live in SC and that's below sea level so yeah flooding will be an issue. I know 2 years ago their area got flooded bad, but their house was safe because it's on top of an old Indian burial ground (not many times u'll hear a good thing about building/living on top of one lol), but with how bad this one will be don't think that's gonna help them any.

Also hopefully my bro and dad will get more inland from the beach, stubborn **** just like myself, they usually ride out the hurricanes. Hopefully they got some sense this time if it gets up our way.

Good luck.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Good luck.

Good luck and stay safe

I've been trying to talk my folks into driving up to Charlotte to stay with me for the weekend, but, like your dad and brother, they are stubborn and will almost certainly ride out the storm.

Where I'm at, in Charlotte, I'm not worried about it.  Absolute worst case scenario will be 70ish mph winds and a ****ton of rain, which will still suck, but won't be catastrophic.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Biggest risk would be the odd Nazi flying around your ears?

Seeing how heavy those nazis are that isn't something to make light of.
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I've been trying to talk my folks into driving up to Charlotte to stay with me for the weekend, but, like your dad and brother, they are stubborn and will almost certainly ride out the storm.

Where I'm at, in Charlotte, I'm not worried about it. Absolute worst case scenario will be 70ish mph winds and a ****ton of rain, which will still suck, but won't be catastrophic.

Exactly. I'm in the Winston area, so yeah it's not gonna be a biggie. Hope ur family stays safe.

• Like 1

This doesn't quite fit the thread, but a word of warning to everyone in the U.S.: Equifax, the second biggest credit reporting agency in the U.S., was hacked recently, and exposed private security information and the social security numbers of virtually every credit-owning person in the U.S., so beware of fraudulent charges and identity theft attempts. What can you do to preemptively protect yourself? Not much, because our country is retarded and uses a number we're all given at birth that cannot change and that is handed out like candy between different agencies as well as for job and banking purposes to confirm identification at the "highest" level.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Well god damn, that's some ****ty news to here before sleep.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'm hoping the massive problems this will cause down the line will eventually help move us away from using SSNs in the absolutely pants-on-head way we currently do...but realistically, I'm expecting it to just be swept under the rug like every other major security breach.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Even some people in Canada are affected, always good news. Some day people will take security a tad more seriously. Maybe if some CEO gets put in a ditch because of it, not likely any other way.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Equifax apparently set up a website with information and a way to see if you're in the effected group.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Equifax apparently set up a website with information and a way to see if you're in the effected group.

https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com/potential-impact/

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Kind of a sketchy way that Equifax set up the security check website. It almost feels like a phishing scam. Still, I trust Malcador so I went ahead and put in my information. :p

It sounds like we get some free security features out of it, at least.

• Like 1

Well, yeah, it's a way to get you to enroll for their service.  But it was what Amentep was mentioning so.  SSNs (or SINs in Canada) are a really bad central point of failure.   Three of their execs sold stock before they made this announcement :lol:

Maybe China is on to something with executing white collar crooks :p

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 2

I mentioned it because Clark Howard mentioned it.

Excellent, we've all dodged potential blame ;)

• Like 2

I'm slightly less nervous than I was yesterday.  The hurricane tracker looked super scary for my folks yesterday when a good chunk of the spaghetti plots had it making landfall in Miami then heading up the Atlantic coast, right by where my parents are.  Since then the projected path has moved west quite a bit and it looks like it's going to ride up the gulf coast instead.  That sucks for the people living on the gulf coast, and I feel bad for them, but it's very good news for my parents who live on an island just off the Atlantic coast.  Further good news has the storm turning further west toward Nashville once it gets further inland meaning we'll only get the very furthest outer bands here in Charlotte if the current predictions hold true.  Redneckdevil should be unaffected completely under the current projected path.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yep. I'm happy to hear for your folks, hope they stay safe and well :)

My dad and brother riding it out since going anywhere puts them closer to danger. My kids and The woman are staying down in SC since it's going a different way. She's staying aware in case it goes a different path. She filled up and got a couple barrels of gas.

• Like 1

The tracker keeps moving further west.  It looks like it's going to make landfall in Tampa, or even miss the peninsula entirely.

Stay safe everyone!

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Turned on the PC, it made a fuzzy popping sound followed by a sharp burning electronics smell. Did not actually boot up. Guess I'm picking up a new power supply tomorrow...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

That sucks. Hopefully the motherboard is not damaged.