What you did today

Gorth

I don't have any issues with strip clubs, but I think you should be realistic about what is going on there. It is basically the fast food version of human intimacy.

Most people, including me, would much rather be with someone who I love and trust and feels the same way about me

I use to be engaged,  nearly married but sometimes events happen outside your control and everything that you thought was immutable and interminable changes forever

So you accept this and move on, I dont need to find that kind of love to be happy or content but I do remember that the bond I use to feel for my fiance was the best form of fulfillment . Also I haven't been back to that club that Candice works at since I met her and stopped going

So I would argue I go to strip clubs every 6 weeks or so, thats not a lot at all and I would say is a reaosable amount 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I started this morning off by checking out my bosses laptop, configuring his printer and scanner.

Then I went to a Japanese bistro I hadn't tried yet. Their flounder was incredible, but their sushi was nothing special. The sushi being so cheap made sense once I saw it.

Went to the coffee shop run by the organizer of my writing group, got two pages written in my horror story. I could have written more, but it's a pretty disturbing scene, so I needed a break for my own emotional stability. I think I'll go back and finish tomorrow.

And topped it off by fixing my mother's toilet. Needed a new valve and float. Easy enough.

It's been a good day.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Wow, I go on the road for a few days an miss a 23 page flame war. I can't leave you guys for 3 days without you getting into trouble.

Oh, and buy the way, if you happen to be looking for a great place to go camping and fishing don't go to Land Between the Lakes. F--k that place.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Wow, I go on the road for a few days an miss a 23 page flame war. I can't leave you guys for 3 days without you getting into trouble.

Oh, and buy the way, if you happen to be looking for a great place to go camping and fishing don't go to Land Between the Lakes. F--k that place.

am admitted getting a bit predictable in our dotage. channel islands, death valley and sierra buttes.  typical make it to death valley every other year, and channel islands a bit less often, but am doing the sierra buttes pilgrimage at least yearly... mostly 'cause we can bring the dogs as long as they is leashed at all times.  there are a half dozen campgrounds in the sierra butte/sardine lake area with a wide range of amenities.  we prefer salmon creek as it has water and vault toilets but little else.  

maxresdefault.jpg

is always fun to do the fire lookout trail, though the dogs can't do the stairs, but am doubting they would appreciate the view as does Gromnir.

typical we go in late september and/or may. 

highly recommend for folks in nor cal who like tahoe natural splendor but don't wanna deal with all the other tahoe tourists and nonsense.

HA! Good Fun!

ps picture is obvious from a drought year as there is typical a bit more snow on the ground even in july/august.

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Channel Islands does look amazing. I've found the more amenities a park has the less I'm going to like it. That was the problem with Land Between the Lakes. Too many people, crowded campground, jet skis, boats, etc. You could walk across Rushing Creek inlet without getting your feet wet. I was so irritated I packed up and left early Saturday morning. I did stop at the Fort Donaldson battlefield in Dover on the way home. It was out of the way but since reading about the battle in two different books lately it's one I wanted to see. I had the place all to myself. The tour guide was nice. He let me bring Tommy & Sunny up to the battlements where dogs are not allowed to go. We talked about the battle and the history. It was thoroughly enjoyable. I told him I go to work every day in a place named for the man who lost this battle through sheer incompetence; Gen. Gideon Johnson Pillow.

Although it's better that he did. With the defeat the CSA lost control of the Cumberland and Tennessee rivers. Had Pillow stuck with his guns and not retreated the war in the west would have turned out far differently. No one would ever have heard the name Ulysses Grant outside of a history book.

Today I'm going to walk down to Cold Creek and go fishing where I know there will be no boats, or jet skis, or noisy campers complaining about dogs who were not bothering them in any way.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

is only two national parks in the contiguous 48 which get less traffic than the channel islands, and the channel islands has a longer season than cascades or isle royale.  visiting numbers for the channel islands is tending to be misleading as such includes visitor center and boat tour usage. less than 10% o' channel island national park visitors actual make it out to the channel islands.  ~30k for the entire year.  have camped san miguel and literal gone multiple days w/o seeing anybody other than nps personnel, though am getting too old to wanna rough it to such a degree w/o being part o' an experienced group. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Pulled a tooth, and repaired one, atleast this time the dentist was kind enough to prescribe kodein pills, so that I can actually numb the pain. Just wish I could take them now, but theres still a couple of hours until I'm allowed to drink... :(

Status update; Codeine is bollocks, does nothing :/

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

The position I'm being offered back in the midwest is in Coon Rapids MN. Small branch, no weekends, cheaper area.

YAY!

• Like 3

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The position I'm being offered back in the midwest is in Coon Rapids MN. Small branch, no weekends, cheaper area.

YAY!

Good luck!

Thomas Sowell

... Crap how the hell would I pay for this?

>.>

<.< 

hrm, something will be sorted out, it always is sorted out.

Pulled a tooth, and repaired one, atleast this time the dentist was kind enough to prescribe kodein pills, so that I can actually numb the pain. Just wish I could take them now, but theres still a couple of hours until I'm allowed to drink... :(

That sucks man. Have you tried calling and telling them that? Maybe you can get something else. In my experience codeine is terrible and does nothing, but diazepam does everything that's supposed to do.

• Like 1

Thanks mate :)

They were hesitant to even prescribe codeine though, and only prescribed 60mg per evening. Getting something heavier is a long shot, but I'm going to have to try.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

never had such a problem when fixing my teeth. most of the time i don't even need anything for the pain during the procedure much less after.

the only time i had a problem was when i had to pull out a wisdom tooth that broke (otherwise i'd still have it in my mouth like the other 2*) and it was very hard to pull out so it took 3 doctors and 140 minutes of work to break it to pieces while still attached to my jaw and get it out like that. but even after that i was fine just taking an aspirin a few hours later.

*i had another one that broke a few years later but that just popped out without any effort at the first pull. 

Edited by teknoman2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Got a new job a while back and now I'm getting flooded with offers

I'll feel like an ass if I leave so soon but they are offering quite a bit more than my already decent salary

let your top two-to-three job prospects know about your situation and ask them for their best offer to acquire/keep your services. is doubtful anybody will think less of you for trying to get the most for your services as long as you are upfront and honest about the multiple offers.  don't be a schmuck 'bout it, but is nothing wrong with asking potential employers for a best offer when there is multiple organizations vying for your attentions.

been in a similar situation twice and the first time we simple stayed with current employer out o' a sense o' loyalty.  turned out to be a mistake in the short and long run.

just a suggestion, but no matter what it sounds as if you are in a good place. congratulations.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

never had such a problem when fixing my teeth. most of the time i don't even need anything for the pain during the procedure much less after.

the only time i had a problem was when i had to pull out a wisdom tooth that broke (otherwise i'd still have it in my mouth like the other 2*) and it was very hard to pull out so it took 3 doctors and 140 minutes of work to break it to pieces while still attached to my jaw and get it out like that. but even after that i was fine just taking an aspirin a few hours later.

*i had another one that broke a few years later but that just popped out without any effort at the first pull.

Well, I don't have any problems with the repaired tooth, but ****, the one they removed is tormenting me.

There were three dentists that tried to pull it normally but it wouldn't let go, so they split it and still had issues getting it out. It looks like I'm going to have to take a third day off, because it still bleeds when I get my blood pressure up.

Family time...

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

So many sub-forums to this forum now. Since I don't allow perm-cookies, every time I visit I have to re-click that little + sign to hide most of them...which is fine. It's just funny to me - there were so few sub-forums when I first came here so long ago. Time flies/creates change and all that. :)

About to eat dinner and rent/watch the movie "Life." Warm summer evening...relaxation...the good life.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

So many sub-forums to this forum now. Since I don't allow perm-cookies, every time I visit I have to re-click that little + sign to hide most of them...which is fine. It's just funny to me - there were so few sub-forums when I first came here so long ago. Time flies/creates change and all that. :)

Oh my... oh dear!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

About to eat dinner and rent/watch the movie "Life." Warm summer evening...relaxation...the good life.

Oh, you mean back when we only had Kotor 2 and Neverwinter Nights 2