What you did today

Gorth

Shady you have already thought of this I'm sure but there is a consideration beyond the salary. Stability. After what you just went through you also have to consider which of the offers you are holding has the best long term prosepcts. For both advancement and just keeping the job!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Got my new computer up and running, feels good. Hate Windows 10 with every fibre of my body. Really hate that you have to opt out for all the data collection, instead of the other way around.

Nice to have a fresh drive and such though.

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Got my new computer up and running, feels good. Hate Windows 10 with every fibre of my body. Really hate that you have to opt out for all the data collection, instead of the other way around.

Nice to have a fresh drive and such though.

I had the chance to upgrade both my pc's to Win 10 for for free but Win 8.1 is the ultimate OS for gaming. It basically does everything Win 7 can do but better.

Hope you enjoy!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Thank you, I intend to. As soon as I can get al the data moved from my old disk to my new one and reformat it. And install all the drivers I need. And flash the MB.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Came home early today to start picking corn. Good lord is there a lot of it!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Most of it will end up at the farmers market in Covington. They pay $12-$14 per bushel and sell the corn for $0.75 an ear. I'll probably get 25-30 bushels. I'll keep one for myself and one to make chicken feed and end up making $300 give or take.

I had a thought to try my hand at making whiskey when I plants all this but that is a hell of a lot of trouble. I could never sell it (it's illegal still for some reason) and I'd likely never drink it more that to taste it. So why bother.

Thomas Sowell

Some neighbour wants to build higher barriers and a fancy desk so is asking us if it is ok. Also have someone gathering a petition to have one hour only parking on our street as I guess people park here and do stuff downtown and this upsets the yuppies here. Ah, city life. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Got a new job a while back and now I'm getting flooded with offers

I'll feel like an ass if I leave so soon but they are offering quite a bit more than my already decent salary

Depending on the job, I wouldn't hesitate to change. Such is life.

Me, I've been doing lots of cardio lately, skipping all lifting. I am in far from decent shape, but I improve from day to day. Either, I go out for 10km walks/runs or I do an hour on the cross trainer. My legs hurt all the time. When I tried to sit after the latest cross trainer session, I basically just fell on the bench, lol. I just lay there, laughing.

Had the joys of my PC lock up, stutter, then crash last night.  Before rolling into a very, very slow boot up to BIOS screen, followed by black screen of "Unable to find boot device" with occasional angry beeps.

The moment I unplugged the DVD drive from it's sata connection, the whole thing worked again. I guess since it looks like I have to replace said DVD device, I might as well do the upgrade to an internal Blu-Ray...

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I have to admit, with the mix of handling the job hunt, life chores, relationship breakups and all the rest of it, I've been letting my usual exercise routines drop out of practice the last month or two.

I need to get back into the proper rhythm of things again.

Edit:

After a year of job hunting, I've decided to bite the bullet and go back to university to finish off my degree. Got my acceptance letter today, now I just have to see if I can secure the student loans to cover tuition and living fees....

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 3

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I should get back on treadmill. Took a break when I got sick and the habit broke. Could hump it home, is only 2 miles or so (feels like more in summer heat) and saves the $3 transit fare

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Have a phone interview weds with the GM and AM of the region I"m moving back to. The odd part I'm stressing over at the moment is that I'm not sure how I'm going to pay for this. Current estimate is ballpark and I'm looking at about 5 large to get myself back there.

Admittedly this isn't a decision that I have to make until I've got a confirmation. Am debating a 'gofundme' type of thing where any excess I get would end up going to a suicide prevention charity (which, given my history, should be obvious why).

• Like 2

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Got a new job a while back and now I'm getting flooded with offers

I'll feel like an ass if I leave so soon but they are offering quite a bit more than my already decent salary

Nice one, well played  :thumbsup:

Now you can spend even more money on extravagant food and other gastronomic paraphernalia

You can always have more money for food and good restaurants   8)   

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Have a phone interview weds with the GM and AM of the region I"m moving back to. The odd part I'm stressing over at the moment is that I'm not sure how I'm going to pay for this. Current estimate is ballpark and I'm looking at about 5 large to get myself back there.

Admittedly this isn't a decision that I have to make until I've got a confirmation. Am debating a 'gofundme' type of thing where any excess I get would end up going to a suicide prevention charity (which, given my history, should be obvious why).

I'm willing to send you a couple of caps if you do that :)

Drove back from Vegas yesterday. We had a great trip. We didn't win money or anything (barely gambled) but it was a pretty inexpensive outing and we got in some nice pool time and good meals. Now back to reality. :p

• Like 2

That summer break is a nice perk to your chosen profession isn't it Hurlshot?

This morning I took 22 bushels of corn to the farmers market in Covington. Subtract the cost of the bushel hampers, the seed, and assume the considerable labor expended is worth 0$ and i made $210. I bagged 30 ears of corn for the freezer. And I husked 60 ears and hung them from a rope line I strung between the shed and the corner of the porch. To keep the squirrels, bugs and crows off of them I ran two more rope lines and made a tent out of nylon screen. I'll led those dry in the sun for a few days then grind some for corn meal. The rest I'll shuck and mix with sorghum, millet, quinoa, and wheat germ to make chicken feed.

Thomas Sowell

I am still completely wasted from yesterday night. Hitting the bed at 0330... I am getting slightly too old for this, I feel.

Met a nice girl. Talked the whole evening. And drank. And drank some more. And stuff. She lives in Hamburg, I am not. Ultimate sadness ensured.

You know, I've been a kind of social autist half my life (since I moved to another town for the first time and lost all friends), and usually I have a very high aversion rate to even leave the house for a party. Even more so when I'm alone or getting all sorts of depressions. But once I did it, and get back home, I feel very extatic.. up until about a day later when I get back into my old schlog, forget how I've felt the day before, and return to my social autism until something is forcing me out again. A little bit annoying, really.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I am still completely wasted from yesterday night. Hitting the bed at 0330... I am getting slightly too old for this, I feel.

Met a nice girl. Talked the whole evening. And drank. And drank some more. And stuff. She lives in Hamburg, I am not. Ultimate sadness ensured.

You know, I've been a kind of social autist half my life (since I moved to another town for the first time and lost all friends), and usually I have a very high aversion rate to even leave the house for a party. Even more so when I'm alone or getting all sorts of depressions. But once I did it, and get back home, I feel very extatic.. up until about a day later when I get back into my old schlog, forget how I've felt the day before, and return to my social autism until something is forcing me out again. A little bit annoying, really.

in short

514k7O6n75L._SY450_.jpg

• Like 3

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I get the same thing at times, I still find it worth it after a while though - getting some fond memories, and then go at it again. :)

• Like 1