What you did today

Gorth

Studio-wide email got sent out today that rather than the first Friday of every month being Bagel Friday it was now going to be every Friday. This followed an email about a week ago where HQ announced a stock buyback. Hopefully a sign that our impending earnings call is extremely favourable.

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Met some friends this evening, they pressured me to playing poker with them, not exactly happy about that, but was nice to see them anyway. Made sure to lose early on. Just got home while driving through the most awful driving weather I've met yet.

There's about 3-4 cms of wet sludge on the road wich was really treacherous, occasionally it felt like you'd hit a wall or something, had alot of aquaplaning aswell. I just hope it doesn't freeze during the night or it's going to be really bad.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Nearly finished converting my goblin Blood Bowl team. Spend most of my free time this week on it. Though I "wasted" quite some time trying to figure out how to do some of the stuff I want. And of curse trying to get green stuff to stick to the miniature instead of my fingers.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I bought Franchise Hockey Manager 3 on Thursday. Great game. It has swallowed my whole weekend.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I went car shopping for the first time in my life today.  I've had the same car for 20 years (it has less than 65k miles on it), which I bought from my sister after she'd had it a year, but it's finally time for it to retire.

All I can say is car salesman are fricking awful.  One guy I was ready to punch within 60 seconds of him coming up to us (and I would have just walked out if he hadn't had my driver's license.)  At the Chevy dealer, my dad couldn't find the guy he'd talked to previously (he's helping me out because I'm not a car person, and he's retired and likes cars) so some other guy ended up helping us, then the guy my dad talked to previously showed up and acted like a whining, passive-aggressive baby because we were talking to somebody else (and I'm pretty sure the guy who was helping us lied when he said he talked to the whiny guy and straightened it out, because he couldn't even keep the guy's name straight.)

The only guy who wasn't awful was the guy at the Ford dealer, and that place claims not to have salesmen, because all their employees are on salary, not on commission.

I'm really not looking forward to keep looking, but I definitely need a new car.  Blech.

Edited by Vaeliorin

65k? That's as good as new! o.o

You're going for a brand new then I assume?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

i bought some brazilian nuts to see what they taste like...

they have the texture of hazelnuts (which i like) but the taste is very bitter so now they are in the trash. i'm still trying to wash the taste off my mouth

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

How many nuts did you get?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Got a serious case of roadrage on the way home today, to the point of getting a nosebleed. Was driving on the highway, essentially empty, and there was some van hogging the left lane, doing 90km/h on a 100km/h road. When I caught up to him I expected him to pull in, because there was no car in sight infront of him to pass.

Flashed my headlights at him when I got nearer, and then I had to slow down, started honking and he still refused to pull in.

After about 1km of that I pulled into the inside lane and blew past him honking.

Was sorely tempted to pull infront of him and hit the brakes...

I still have the headache. -.-

Very, very fitting for this day;

Did my taxes.  I owe $5400.  Ouch.

I even set aside some money this year to prepare, but it still turned out worse than I thought. Stupid tax brackets.

:o

That's a quarter of what I earn per year! XD

You have my sympathies mate!

Edited by Azdeus

Fooling around with OpenMPT trying to make music I can use in a project with a buddy to kill time. Confirmed that I indeed have no rhythm or creativity :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

How many nuts did you get?

all nuts at the super market are in 200g bags and i got 1 bag so not many

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Got my Nine Inch Nails shipment today... completely unexpected, especially because I totally forgot that I've ordered it weeks ago (shipment from 'murica to germany takes at least 3 to 4 weeks).

qxeSYO.jpg

And the result...

rcAMbN.jpg

Awesome idea. A simple cd I would just forget soon. Not even ripping it to the hdd, because I've bought the digital release on day-one already... basically it'd end in the shelf right away, maybe after a quick glance over the (very likely) paper cover and that's it. Instead now I've got the lyrics in a form I likely won't forget anytime soon.... with a huge load of black ink powder.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 3

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

That's a lovely letteropener you've got there ^^

Someone's around here told me to read more George Orwell. Was it chill out? Anyway, I picked up homage to Catalonia. It'll be an interesting read. ;)

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Someone's around here told me to read more George Orwell. Was it chill out? Anyway, I picked up homage to Catalonia. It'll be an interesting read. ;)

I'd recommend Animal Farm for you.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I read it. And 1984. Don't worry :p

But I have a deal... I reread animal farm, you (re?)read homage to Catalonia, and we talk about it? ;)

Edited by Ben No.3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

I read it. And 1984. Don't worry :p

But I have a deal... I reread animal farm, you (re?)read homage to Catalonia, and we talk about it? ;)

Your terms are acceptable sir! Give me a day or two. I'm in the middle of two books now.

Thomas Sowell

Went to a steakhouse with coworkers. Ordered mine well done, fighting The Man.

Also found out the laptops we're getting at work. T460p's with 32 GB of RAM and 940M's. Need to install UT on them ASAP

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Applied for and interviewed with another company. Similarly, a national rental company but this is more business related and less consumer based.

Feel driven out by management.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.