Blarghagh

No, I meant Mexico. Canadians are as useless as Americans and can tolerate them, but the hardworking Mexican people don't want them lazy Americans in their country. :lol:

Hey now, Canadians are more useless than Americans. And that tolerance stuff is a myth :p

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh, I almost forgot: I also love that Donald intends to do much more for the veterans. These guys have really given their all and more, often to lost causes, and in foreign lands and messes. I reckon that's great.

Yeah and they usually are lied to a lot, not sure why you seem to suspect this will be different. :p

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

No, I meant Mexico. Canadians are as useless as Americans and can tolerate them, but the hardworking Mexican people don't want them lazy Americans in their country. :lol:

Hey now, Canadians are more useless than Americans. And that tolerance stuff is a myth :p

Have a simple entrance test:

1) Can they play hockey?

2) Can they drick a 6-pack of Molson?

If not, they're out.

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 3

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Pretty much Canadian 'culture'. I recall a funny conversation at school once about how us immigrants had stuff we could be made fun of and so on, whereas all the generic white bread Canadians really have nothing of note :lol:

Edited by Malcador

EDIT: In all seriousness though, result wasn't that surprising. Trump campaigned with promise of a better future with his "make America great again" lies, Hillary campaigned with "not Trump" - that didn't work for those going against Obama when their opponents campaigned on "not Obama" and he was campaigning with "we can change America". You're never going to inspire people with fear. Democrats screwed themselves by picking someone with no platform, shoulda gone with Bernie. Although I'm guessing those democratic morons are blaming Bernie supporters now.

Even some of her campaign slogans were off-putting. "I'm with her" and "It's her turn" aren't inspiring, and they certainly don't dissuade the idea that she was just in this race to feed her own hubris.

For me, at this point looking forward, I care about:

1) Do not just let Clinton slide on all her crimes. I actually don't care so much about her being punished or jailed, but I would like to see people remain interested in what she did and why, simple for educational purposes moving forward. If we fail to understand the why's and how's, this can happen again with other candidates.

2) Time to look into Trump's entire staff and policies...whenever they may develop. I know much of his staff is pretty terrible. Definitely a presidency to scrutinize heavily, because it's highly likely we want this candidate gone by 2020.

3) Bernie 2020 can happen? Yes? No? If it can't, there's other good candidates, but I feel he would be one that the DNC would not DARE to shut down again, whereas Gabbard may not hold that same impact.

4) Maine's vote for primary party votes that allows voters to select a backup vote if their primary candidate stands no chance. I can't find any news on it amidst all the news about Trump winning, but I feel this is actually pretty significant if it passed. One state can pave the way for many, and if come next election Maine went to a Stein candidate because they could afford to vote Green party with no fear, that'd slowly but surely take hold in politics, I feel, even if the Democratic and Republican parties stood against it.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Pretty much Canadian 'culture'. I recall a funny conversation at school once about how us immigrants had stuff we could be made fun of and so on, whereas all the generic white bread Canadians really have nothing of note :lol:

What, like Poutine and Canadian Bacon and bagged Milk and ending every sentence with "eh" and mounties and maple syrup and legal weed and free healthcare and surprising general racism against asians? As opposed to 'Murica, beer and McDonalds and guns in Walmart? Maybe it's because I'm not on that continent but I can think of more varied examples of Canadian culture than America. :shrugz:

EDIT: In all seriousness though, result wasn't that surprising. Trump campaigned with promise of a better future with his "make America great again" lies, Hillary campaigned with "not Trump" - that didn't work for those going against Obama when their opponents campaigned on "not Obama" and he was campaigning with "we can change America". You're never going to inspire people with fear. Democrats screwed themselves by picking someone with no platform, shoulda gone with Bernie. Although I'm guessing those democratic morons are blaming Bernie supporters now.

Even some of her campaign slogans were off-putting. "I'm with her" and "It's her turn" aren't inspiring, and they certainly don't dissuade the idea that she was just in this race to feed her own hubris.

1) Do not just let Clinton slide on all her crimes. I actually don't care so much about her being punished or jailed, but I would like to see people remain interested in what she did and why, simple for educational purposes moving forward. If we fail to understand the why's and how's, this can happen again with other candidates.

2) Time to look into Trump's entire staff and policies...whenever they may develop. I know much of his staff is pretty terrible. Definitely a presidency to scrutinize heavily, because it's highly likely we want this candidate gone by 2020.

3) Bernie 2020 can happen? Yes? No? If it can't, there's other good candidates, but I feel he would be one that the DNC would not DARE to shut down again, whereas Gabbard may not hold that same impact.

4) Maine's vote for primary party votes that allows voters to select a backup vote if their primary candidate stands no chance. I can't find any news on it amidst all the news about Trump winning, but I feel this is actually pretty significant if it passed. One state can pave the way for many, and if come next election Maine went to a Stein candidate because they could afford to vote Green party with no fear, that'd slowly but surely take hold in politics, I feel, even if the Democratic and Republican parties stood against it.

A candidate we want gone by 2020? Wasn't he recently involved in a civic suit because he allegedly raped a 13 year old kid? You really think he's going to last a year without being impeached? :lol:

What, like Poutine and Canadian Bacon and bagged Milk and ending every sentence with "eh" and mounties and maple syrup and legal weed and free healthcare and surprising general racism against asians? As opposed to 'Murica, beer and McDonalds and guns in Walmart? Maybe it's because I'm not on that continent but I can think of more varied examples of Canadian culture than America. :shrugz:

A candidate we want gone by 2020? Wasn't he recently involved in a civic suit because he allegedly raped a 13 year old kid? You really think he's going to last a year without being impeached? :lol:

Which one was this? Honestly towards the end there were so many charges and a lot of them were proven fake or manufactured so I just started tuning it out.

If it's in any way related to the one where the girl states her age and he says "she's gonna be my wife someday" then yeah, that's not happening. Just media hysteria to defame him. If there's another I missed, we'll see. Even if we impeach him though, Pence isn't exactly fantastic and he's still someone we'd want gone by 2020.

EDIT: Wait no, impeachment means Pence gone too, no? But what happens then?

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Legal weed isn't part of Canadian culture, it's too recent a fad. Health care is one, though that is weird at a personal level to have that part of the culture.

Which one was this? Honestly towards the end there were so many charges and a lot of them were proven fake or manufactured so I just started tuning it out.

If it's in any way related to the one where the girl states her age and he says "she's gonna be my wife someday" then yeah, that's not happening. Just media hysteria to defame him. If there's another I missed, we'll see. Even if we impeach him though, Pence isn't exactly fantastic and he's still someone we'd want gone by 2020.

EDIT: Wait no, impeachment means Pence gone too, no? But what happens then?

I don't know which one, that's why I phrased it as a question. False rumor or not, my point is it's only a matter of time before they find one on Donald "grab her by the ****" Trump that sticks. Bill Clinton got impeached over a blowjob, I expect Donald Trump's sexually assaulted enough women to get the same thing to happen.

Okay I have had time  to reflect on this whole election and I spoke to my family in NY, some of you will remember my niece who OD her father and  brother in law and there family are investment bankers so they have  given me  a more positive and reasonable view of this election. I then consulted other sources and I now have a more positive and reasonable view of this election

Nicole's father is still a cold emotionless **** but has has been a banker\investment banker for over  45 years. He knows the financial markets and still works for the same firm at Wall Street and they do very well ....its probably because he only makes  decisions on logic as he has no emotion

Its a long post but I encourage anyone who is feeling melancholic and worried about this election to read the long post I will make after this , it covers  a lot

I also must apologize for lashing out and blaming anyone in the USA for not voting for Hillary, it was unfair and unnecessary especially since my primary criticism  was " I posted all these links that had valid issues around Trump yet no one in the USA took them seriously "  ...yet I have created on these forums a certain personality and many people dont take me seriously on some issues ...which is how I like it and times I mess around and feed this view, so how can I now blame anyone for not taking my advice or links credible ? Because I have contributed towards this view :)

Okay its a long post I need to make so give me time  but my uncle has shared some real data and insights with me.,...there firm is not pulling out and mass selling of any US shares or investment portfolios  or selling the dollar. This is good news and my uncle said the US stock markets and dollar will recover in 2-3 months at the longest

So the US economy and uncertainty will only be temporary ...anyway I will make the long detailed post ASAP :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The LP candidates had a disappointing night. Not one of the Federal level candidates did better than 5%, including Gary Johnson who topped out at over 3%. Sure 4M+ voted is 4x better than any LP candidate ever but it's disheartening in this election not to have done better. Two state level candidates were elected. One in Arkansas and one in Alaska.. That is also disappointing. But this is a process and it's time to start working on 2018.

I was very relived the Republicans kept control of Congress when I thought Clinton was going to win. Now that Trump has won I wish the Dems had done a little better. I'm more than a little uneasy with one party control over the levers of power in DC.The bad thing is it's the Democrats who changed the Senate rules limiting the ability to filibuster. Now they are all hoisted on their own petard by that action. But so are we all.

You have all heard me say it a hundred times. Obama and the Democrats were usurping all this power their institutions were not supposed to have and everyone was applauding because it was "their team". But I warned that power would someday be in the hands of someone else and they would not like the results then. Someday came pretty quick didn't it?

• Like 5

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Okay I have had time  to reflect on this whole election and I spoke to my family in NY, some of you will remember my niece who OD her father and  brother in law and there family are investment bankers so they have  given me  a more positive and reasonable view of this election. I then consulted other sources and I now have a more positive and reasonable view of this election

Nicole's father is still a cold emotionless **** but has has been a banker\investment banker for over  45 years. He knows the financial markets and still works for the same firm at Wall Street and they do very well ....its probably because he only makes  decisions on logic as he has no emotion

Its a long post but I encourage anyone who is feeling melancholic and worried about this election to read the long post I will make after this , it covers  a lot

I also must apologize for lashing out and blaming anyone in the USA for not voting for Hillary, it was unfair and unnecessary especially since my primary criticism  was " I posted all these links that had valid issues around Trump yet no one in the USA took them seriously "  ...yet I have created on these forums a certain personality and many people dont take me seriously on some issues ...which is how I like it and times I mess around and feed this view, so how can I now blame anyone for not taking my advice or links credible ? Because I have contributed towards this view :)

Okay its a long post I need to make so give me time  but my uncle has shared some real data and insights with me.,...there firm is not pulling out and mass selling of any US shares or investment portfolios  or selling the dollar. This is good news and my uncle said the US stock markets and dollar will recover in 2-3 months at the longest

So the US economy and uncertainty will only be temporary ...anyway I will make the long detailed post ASAP :)

Bruce, the only thing happening now is hedge funds driving the market for their own gains so others, less informed, go on a selling spree... already a lot of what was lost, recovered and drops are not that significant. Sure there is volatility on the market but it will calm down. It might go down to **** if he will drive some economic nonsense and FED will revert its recent policies, but I highly doubt that. There might be a pause, but surely not a panic.

As for Hilary, I've lot any respect that I had for her once she has sent her lackey to send people home... this was so class less and only shows she was really unift to become a president. If you can;t have class in a defeat, then you are unfit for any large responsibility.

Edited by Darkpriest
  • Like 3

Bruce, the only thing happening now is hedge funds driving the market for their own gains so others, less informed, go on a selling spree... already a lot of what was lost, recovered and drops are not that significant. Sure there is volatility on the market but it will calm down. It might go down to **** if he will drive some economic nonsense and FED will revert its recent policies, but I highly doubt that. There might be a pause, but surely not a panic.

Crap, I was hoping for a fire sale. Can't a guy catch a break?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

As for Hilary, I've lot any respect that I had for her once she has sent her lackey to send people home... this was so class less and only shows she was really unift to become a president. If you can;t have class in a defeat, then you are unfit for any large responsibility.

I'm still kind of in shock over that. She even sent out the most recognizeable name from the whole email leak scandal.

My gut always told me this woman has a disgusting personality on her, but when you compare to other politicians that come out to thank their supporters and to concede gracefully or just show basic respect, it's like wtf is so wrong with this woman that she couldn't do it? It's made extra pathetic when you look back and realize that 1) Her little policy of having a "public policy" and a "private policy" resonated even with her concession. She told the public "GO HOME IT'S OK WE'LL WIN TOMORROW" and then conceded privately to Trump in the same hour, showing she's learned nothing, and 2) A couple weeks ago Trump was scrutinized for giving an honest answer about how he'd concede if he felt the election was fair and the Clinton campaign alleged such an answer wasn't gracious. Credit to her for conceding, but not showing your face to your supporters when they've come out to be with you during the most important time of the election isn't exactly graceful either.

I mean I think if I'd said a month ago "I think Clinton is in this race for hubris and for the prestige of being first woman president," I may not've been taken so seriously. Probably only a select few that got the same vibe would agree as a gut response. Now...? I mean she certainly hasn't ever done anything during her campaigns that shows any level of respect or consideration for her supporters.

• Like 1

At least we will see the secret plans to defeat ISIS.

Pretty crazy night.

I'm somewhat hopeful about Obamacare, actually.  I don't think it will just get thrown out, I think the parts where everyone is supposed to have access to health insurance and companies can't deny coverage for pre-existing conditions are here to stay.  I'm hoping that congress will find a way to work with Trump to make it more efficient.  I could be totally wrong though, but I didn't trust Clinton to fix it either.

I'm concerned about foreign policies, but I was also concerned about Clinton, it's just for different reasons.  Trump will do well with China and Russia, and will probably set things back with Mexico and the EU.  The Cuba progress may be dead in the water, but I want to hope that it will continue.

I'm not too worried about the Supreme Court.  This should clear a path for a more conservative justice to replace Scalia, which is fine.  

But honestly it's just a very unpredictable time.  We knew what the Clinton presidency was going to look like, but Trump is a wildcard.  He might struggle just as mightily with a Republican Congress as Clinton would have.

• Like 2