What are you playing right now

Rosbjerg

The Witness is on sale on Steam so I bought it. Looks like all puzzles are a variation of a maze puzzle. The only difficulty so far is figuring out what he wants you to do. You have to find the simple puzzles to understand what the more complex puzzles require. Braid was absolutely brilliant, this doesn't seem nowhere near as brilliant so far. Seems like a good game to play when you don't feel like playing anything else though.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Been playing A Curious Expedition every now and then. Probably going to start a new campaign now that I've learnt the basics. Latest setback was when my Chef lost his sanity and cooked and served the Nun I had brought along for missionary purposes and my local tribesman guide picked up a whiskey addiction :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Playing a whole bunch of games.

Kentucky Route Zero: Just started act 4 and my goodness, this game is amazing. Brilliant Soundtrack, amazing visuals that create a one-of-a-kind mood. Well written dialogue that simply connects to you in a weird way, the whole game just feels like a dream: it might not make sense but in the end you're just glad you got to experience it!  Just buy it, play it and consider the 5th Act a bonus if it ever comes out. 

Sunless Sea: My first captain died a few days ago. I still need to invest more time in this game and figure out all the bells and whistles.

Destiny: Spent most of my time with PvP until the Iron Banner event was over. Just started doing the Rise of Iron quests, I'm also doing some left-over quests from The Taken King.

Duke Nukem: Megaton Edition(PS Vita): Glad I got this through the PS Plus freebies because Gearbox just pulled this out of the PSN store so they can milk Duke Nukem 3D. Gearbox has gone completely sideways as of recent. I mean I am playing this game on the Vita and not only is it the best handheld version of the game to date but it's a special treat if you play on the old Vita. The OLED screen makes the game look so darn good. But yeah, thanks to Gearbox you can't buy it anymore if you haven't already. Not spending a single dime on a Gearbox game ever again.

Modern Warfare Remastered:  A very well done remaster. I put a lot of time whether I wanted to spend my dough on Battlefield 1 or Modern Warfare Remastered. Ultimately I decided to go with MW since Battlefield 1 is nothing similar to Bad Company 2 or any of the older Battlefield games. If I want players constantly running around with SMG, LMG, Rifles and spears I prefer it to happen in close-quarters, not in a desert where I get sniped or overrun by a tank on my way to the mosh pit.  

That's it for now, I hope I can finish a few of these in the meantime so I can get back to Dragon Quest Builders and Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Been dividing my time between:

• Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen: I'm in post-dragon of my second playthrough, trying to tie up most of the notice board quests with actual rewards (before they start repeating and only give gold) and on the fence of whether I should keep going until I've beaten Daemon's awakened form or whether I should power through to the end, go through hardmode and then, hopefully at lvl200 (I'm level 171 or so right now) deal with awakened Daemon (probably fit in a speedrun as well should I decide to end this playthrough)

• Shadow Warrior 2: kinda fun, some levels feel empty though. Also the weapon upgrade system just feels like too much work to me, especially since it's not even classes of enemies you deal with, same monsters have variations with various weaknesses and resistances which makes constant weapon switching kind of a chore. So I think this'll be one of those games I'll be finishing in bits and pieces over a long-ish period.

• Forza: Horizon 3: I was going through the new Forzaton challenges until I figured out I had to actually go into multiplayer, which was a serious downer. Might do it anyway just to see how it goes, but: meh.
    Another thing that's been bothering me is that you get absolutely no information about most features of the game. You have "driver clubs" and they push you to join one but they don't tell you wtf it is, what the benefits are or anything and this goes for many features.
    Still loving the game though, hopefully they'll make something with the scope of Test Drive Unlimited 1 (not the garbage that was TDU2) one day.

• Warframe: well, this is my go-to game when I want to shoot things, though it's been on the back-burner ever since they changed Void grinding, while the old system was repetitive the new system feels like step back (which was hard to imagine, truth be told), while it's less repetitive it is much more boring since any semblance of challenge has been sucked out of it, so you end up running lots and lots of short and easy missions in a row. It's about as interesting as it sounds. I've also been having the worst luck since the Void 2.0 introduction even though "statistically" it should be better.
    Anyway, since my "rule" is that I don't bother with things I consider unenjoyable I've been grabbing my daily login rewards and running the odd mission here and there until changes happen.

My Dishonored Ghost-playthrough is still on-hold mostly due to real life still not giving me large uninterrupted blocks of time to play games in.

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

• Shadow Warrior 2: kinda fun, some levels feel empty though. Also the weapon upgrade system just feels like too much work to me, especially since it's not even classes of enemies you deal with, same monsters have variations with various weaknesses and resistances which makes constant weapon switching kind of a chore. So I think this'll be one of those games I'll be finishing in bits and pieces over a long-ish period.

I honestly don't understand what on Earth were Flying Wild Hog thinking. The difference between Epic and Common loot? 2-3% of... Things. The last time I checked upgrades (and I don't check them too often, I tend to change them only when acquiring a new weapon and even then, I just smi-randomly put gems in until I get highest DPS possible), the most powerful one was like:

+10% Electrical damage

-10% Enemy elemental resistance

Slightly increased magazine size

Yeah, that's... Probably the least exciting loot system I've ever seen. Even bloody Battlemage Lichdom got that better (much better actually).

And the enemies with absolutely inconsistent resistances and vulnerabilities? I'd understand if all mechs in the game were resistant to poison and vulnerable to electricity or just any rhyme and reason to these things really, but you get to meet random thugs who are on ... Fire? Which means they're resistant to fire? I guess it's like poison, if you put yourself on fire every day for a bit you build up resistance? And even worse, elemental effects in progress are in no way recognizable from those which are caused by resistances - so you see an enemy on fire. Either you put him on fire a while ago, which probably means he's vulnerable to it, or he's on fire by preference, which means resistance. You can't tell until you read the tiny text beneath his name, which is exactly what you want to be doing in your FPS games, right?

And the level design, oh god... I get move towards procedural generation, but even procedurally generated games can be paced well - see Diablo 2 and 3 for instance, their procedurally generated levels drip-feed you encounters, loot and tough enemies in a consistent and logical manner. Shadow Warrior 2 tho? Pfff.

Gunplay is still amazing tho.

Edit: And what is the point of the whole elemental system anyway? Sure, shooting ice and lightning sounds cool, and it would be in theory, but at the end of the day... Let's just say that I want to see the meeting at which they came up with it:

"Hey guys, I have a great idea, player will be able to make his guns do elemental damage!"

"That's fantastic! But how will it influence the game?"

"We will introduce elemental resistances on enemies. Their only effect will be that player's bullets dealing certain elemental damage will feel like shooting peas."

"That's an amazing idea Greg, someone give this man a raise!"

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

In Sunless Sea, I have encountered rat privateers. They were desperate for food and asked to trade some of my supplies for ample payment. I could have attacked them, but instead I gave them supplies and they gave me rare goods, far surpassing value of said supplies, along with a promise that I'll be welcome if I ever visit their port.

Small thing, isn't it? But it illustrates so nicely what I love about Sunless Sea. In most games, this encounter would be a chance for our heroic main character to destroy evil bandits praying on defenseless captains. But it wouldn't be Sunless Sea if it didn't take even this simplest trope and turn it around on its head. Ignoring what you learned in other games will give you the beneficial outcome, whereas risking an attack might give you part of it, but it might also cost you a lot. It's never simple with Sunless Sea.

Weeeeell, my fellow captains of the Unterzee, I'm well adventured now, having uncovered the majority of the map. I have never lost a captain, although I did restart a few times in the beginning. I felt so bad about giving advice to the rats and cavies that destroyed their civilization that I restarted and, Praise the Lord, I didn't even know I could achieve this outcome! Little hint, there were fireworks! I lost 'Somebody's' daughter, but the game did warn me that was a possible outcome. I seem to have lost one of my officers without knowing why and another decided he liked ice. A lot. I don't understand all the stories I've been reading, but the way the stories unfold, as confusing as it is, is absolutely brilliant. This is one of the best games I've played in years. It's simply addicting and I find myself rushing deadlines in real life as they close in on me because I've been wasting time in the Unterzee. That sheds a bad light on me, but a great light on the game. I'm going to get the expansion, which I would have bought bundled if I had suspected I would enjoy the game as much as I have.

On my radar, if they *ever* put out the story mode, is the Long Dark, which is likewise a great game. Also, the imminent release of Tyranny. I might pick up Civilization 6, although I might just wait for it to go on special sometime down the road. I have yet to play Fallout 4, so that's a possibility. Christmas is coming, should any of you feel the need to play Santa Claus to my Mr. Sacks. Good day, kind gentlemen! You may see me on the dark depths... should I not see you first!

• Like 1

Yay, I have achieved my 13th Platinum Trophy few minutes ago \o/

Soulcalibur V is finally finished. Platinum Trophy popped up after 73 hours and 1440 fights - 1033 Wins and 407 loses needed to get to player level 99.

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Finished everything available to do in Witcher 3 aside from traveling to Toussaint.  I'm there now.  I didn't realize how much there was going to be to do there.  I figured it'd be like Hearts of Stone.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Just finished Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone and got what appeared to be the "good ending". Overall I was very impressed, can't wait to start Blood & Wine now but it's a 14 GB download and it has to wait until the 40 GB download of Modern Warfare Remastered is finished.

One thing I hate with the PS4 is the way it handles updates and digital downloads. If a patch is 14 GB and it needs a small 100 MB update the PS4 demands 28 GB of free space. It can get really annoying when an update such as destiny's is 30 GB and it suddenly needs 60 GB of free space for 300 MB download.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I just had my first captain die. Previously, I had one retire at a draw, and so I'm on my third captain of the line. This one benefits from everything except the bottom right corner uncovered. It really helps to know where things are in this game. Starting from scratch sucks, but it sucks a lot less when you can sail directly to where you want to go.

The only death I had came because my terror got up to 100 and my crew mutinied and we were all lost at sea. Rat bastards!

Is it Thursday yet? Yes. Yes it is!

Now I can play Stellaris again

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I know you guys don't play Ace Attorney, but I need to record this theory for future reference. I just got done with the investigation sequence in the Spirit of Justice DLC.

After the wedding, Gloomsbury attacked Ellen. Sorin came and hit Gloomsbury with the murder weapon, killing him. The Sprocket family could not let their future President be implicated in a murder, so they staged the wedding reception (which is before the wedding in this case, for some reason)a second time. They could frame Ellen as the murderer and say the wedding never happened all at once. Ellen and Sorin aren't really in on it, they think they'd ended up time traveling instead.

Somehow this connects to the death of Sorin's older sister, too. Maybe Gloomsbury was involved.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I started Fallout 4 and immediately realized that I'm going to have to completely overhaul the interface if I can because it's clearly designed with a controller on mind and it's already getting annoying (I'll also have to pick up the dialogue mod because I hate the wheel thing they went with). Not a bad FPS set in a Fallout-like world buy it's no New Vegas, 1, or 2 - or even Fallout 3 and I thought 3 was rather weak.

• Like 3

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I started Fallout 4 and immediately realized that I'm going to have to completely overhaul the interface if I can because it's clearly designed with a controller on mind and it's already getting annoying (I'll also have to pick up the dialogue mod because I hate the wheel thing they went with). Not a bad FPS set in a Fallout-like world buy it's no New Vegas, 1, or 2 - or even Fallout 3 and I thought 3 was rather weak.

Level design and gunplay improved, everything else declined  :getlost:

• Like 3

I really liked Fallout 4 around the time they started releasing DLCs and I can't tell you really why.

I played through it once at release, and deleted it. Then they announced Automatron, I reinstalled, and I played just about straight from that announcement all the way until Far Harbor's release. Promptly beat Far Harbor and thought "what am I doing?" I was addicted to building little forts with their own personalities. Like this one is on the waterfront, so now it's a resort and everyone runs around in their underwear, even the guards! And this one is at a place called crossing, so you're dang sure I gave the supply run bot a stop sign for a melee weapon. Raider themes, vault themes, farms, outposts. I built all the time.

But Far Harbor just killed all that momentum for me. And I don't even want to go back for the rest of it.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Fallout 4 seemed to do away with any pretenses of being a RPG with deep dialogue and a lot of choice and consequence, from what I recall.  It was basically a bare bones version of previous RPGs.

• Like 5

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)