What's on the idiot box?

Rosbjerg

Sat down and basically binge-watched all 10 episodes of Westworld.

Saw a few twists coming, didn't fully catch a couple of others. Definitely curious to see what they'll follow it with as a second season...

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Watched a couple of episodes of a SyFy horror show called Channel Zero: Candle Cove. It had a traumatizing fake old puppet show for kids in it called Candle Cove and had adults talking about all their memories of it. And it scared the everloving bejeezus out of me because I remembered it too.

Then I looked it up and found out it was a creepypasta about 8 years back. I *DID* see it before, just not as a kid. I forgot about it. But those two episodes where I felt like a part of the horror was glorious. :D

• Like 2

Guys check out the new IT  trailer, it looks awesome !!!

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

He always has to undermine me  ;)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well it's not really on the telly since I'm watching it on my PC but I've been binge watching Half in the Bag. I've seen numerous episodes over the years, but never all of them in the right order.

Now it happend, I'm at Episode 100, which is a little off-putting. I've seen it before, obviously. I find myself agreeing with Mike and Jay often enough and watched a bunch of movies based on their recommendation alone (or the fact that they were B-movies and showed up, like Deathbed & Disco Godfather or more recently the utterly wonderful Turbo Kid) but I can't for the life of my understand how they can rightfully hate ST: Into Darkness but actually enjoy ST: Beyond (Episode 113 comping up soon I guess) or be *that* full of praise for TFA after riding oh-so-many reboots and remakes all the time for being too similar and not original enough.

At least it has Rich Evans who gets it ("it's a competently made movie, and that is all it had to be").

It's probably like that old Tibetan piece of wisdom: Even old shirts look like new when you put them next to even older ones. *shrug*

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Finally finished Iron Fist. I enjoyed a number of parts of it. Yeah, I will echo that Danny is a pretty annoying twit, but there was some good stuff. Namely the fight with the Drunken Master and the spider lady stood out to me as worth the watch. Also I liked Ward's storyline. He was probably the best part of the show, really. Rosario Dawson also had some pretty good moments. She was a good foil for the idiocy of the two lead characters.

It's still not on the level of Jessica Jones, and it lacked the kind of performance we got out of Vincent D'Onofrio, but it was still better than the teenage soap operas with DC characters they are running on the CW.

• Like 1

but it was still better than the teenage soap operas with DC characters they are running on the CW.

But I thought that was the whole point of CW as a channel? To hit the demographic of stylishly angsty teenage soap opera melodrama,  full of pretty twenty and thirty somethings playing teenagers and twenty-somethings..

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Walking Dead Season 7. Waited for all the episodes and watched it in one go. Both this and the spinoff is a series I need to wait and watch in one go for me to enjoy it.

The Selection Thought this was terrific. Loved the comments and one liners from the instructors. They were either funny or jaw dropping.

SAS Who Dares Wins After watching The Selection, I went back to see the original UK version. It's still good but one of those rare occasions where I thought the American version edged this out.

I need a new show that fills the The Office/Parks and Rec void. I might check out the Community, not really sure what that show is about. But I don't see any shows on the horizon that would have the same appeal.

I completely gave up on it. My quality of life seems to have qualitatively improved with that extra hour per week saved.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I need to start watching that again

I like how they have cut down on filler by doing like 3 8 episode storylines per season instead of stretching out the full 24 episodes or whatever a season is.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Executive producer is often a nothing/ sop title designed simply to acknowledge someone. Fran & Kaz Kuzui were EPs of every single Buffy/ Angel episode because of their involvement with the Buffy movie- and that was literally their total sum of involvement in Angel/ Buffy, getting an EP credit for every episode.

Some EPs have more involvement, but this is probably a sop to stop red eagle doing some pointless legal action which they would likely lose but which would delay things.

• Like 1