What are you playing right now?

Still playing mostly Dragon Dogma Dark Arisen. I've recently hit lvl50 and maxed out 3 vocations so far (all the figher ones, working on Sorceror now)

Noticed The Division on sale but from what I hear it doesn't compare favorably to Warframe, which if F2P. Unless you really want an open world I guess. It'd need some killer features to convince me to spend cash on it and I'm not seeing it so far.

Also thanks melkathi for reminding me of Ghost of a Tale, I totally forgot I had a key sitting in my mailbox...whoops...

EDIT: typos...

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

Dealing with retarded ally AI in BFG. Gave up on that mission.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I bought The Division after all (thanks for the answers, guys) and it's definitely been worth $34 so far. I'm up to level 16-17 right now and having a blast. It actually runs great on my aging 290X and it's so pretty!

I didn't get along with it at all in the beginning. It felt way too MMORPG-ish where I was expecting a more realistic Borderlands. But I persevered and it all started making sense. I still haven't entered the PvP parts (where I hear the problems are stemming from) but even if I don't enter that part at all I feel I'm getting my money's worth. 20 hours in and looking at probably 40 hours before I'm done with the single player part.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

My GPU died so it's time to play lots of portable and console games.

Trying to mop up everything in Yakuza 4. Currently at 65% completion. I could just go for the final story mission but I will try to at least get to 80% completion before I do it.

Well patch either made the Eldar not moronic or I got lucky. Onward with the campaign!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Also thanks melkathi for reminding me of Ghost of a Tale, I totally forgot I had a key sitting in my mailbox...whoops...

I see you avoiding my posts in the future - I am a bad influence :p

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

in the end i had to save scum my way through that place in DS2 and of course it took me 50 attempts at the boss before i managed to kill one tiger and be one on one with the other.

and the only reward for all that effort was the boss soul. trolling at it's finest

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Back to Destiny to see if i can get my character to 335 light ... so far i've seen that i'll need friends to raid or other coop stuff, solo it'd take far too long. Probalby the whole month of nonstop playing ... :/

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Back to Destiny to see if i can get my character to 335 light ... so far i've seen that i'll need friends to raid or other coop stuff, solo it'd take far too long. Probalby the whole month of nonstop playing ... :/

You sound extremely enthusiastic about the game.

I ended up hating the fact you had to co-op to do most of the newer activities.

I prefer to be antisocial.  Games don't seem to cater to me anymore.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I ended up hating the fact you had to co-op to do most of the newer activities.

Heh, yeah Destiny never was SP friendly much. 

You sound extremely enthusiastic about the game.

I've played it for 16 months straight after release... it will have to do better to hook me again.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Playing some Shadow Warrior on the PS4. A damn fine looking game and the gameplay just feel wild and frantic but also challenging. Highly recommended to anyone who is looking for an old-school shooter. Shadow Warrior 2 is also on its way and I am pretty excited for that. Flying Wild Hog is shaping up to be a pretty awesome studio.

Me too, I bought Destiny at launch and had fun with it until I reached the point where I stumbled upon the games only raid that needed co-op but didn't offer any match-making(unlike the strikes and the multiplayer. Seriously, Bungie...wtf?!). The updates also made my hard-earned weapons feel useless so I just gave up.

If I ever jump into an MMO(or an MMO hybrid game like Destiny) again it will be either The Secret World or nothing at all. WildStar also briefly caught my attention but apparently the game becomes boring after a while.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Playing some Shadow Warrior on the PS4. A damn fine looking game and the gameplay just feel wild and frantic but also challenging. Highly recommended to anyone who is looking for an old-school shooter. Shadow Warrior 2 is also on its way and I am pretty excited for that. Flying Wild Hog is shaping up to be a pretty awesome studio. 

Me too, I bought Destiny at launch and had fun with it until I reached the point where I stumbled upon the games only raid that needed co-op but didn't offer any match-making(unlike the strikes and the multiplayer. Seriously, Bungie...wtf?!). The updates also made my hard-earned weapons feel useless so I just gave up.If I ever jump into an MMO(or an MMO hybrid game like Destiny) again it will be either The Secret World or nothing at all. WildStar also briefly caught my attention but apparently the game becomes boring after a while.

With MMOs, I have sworn off loot treadmill games entirely. I don't enjoy raiding, and every other game type (PvP) either requires raid gear or has its own treadmill. If something with player built economies shows up (where players/crafters build the gear) then I will give it a go.

EG - Something akin to UO or SWG with a facelift.

Also, instanced PvP should never be the only PvP. Admittedly, I'm an old school "red is dead" UO player. So, I have different desires than the MMO masses.

• Like 1

I see you avoiding my posts in the future - I am a bad influence :p

lol, or a good one ;)

Me too, I bought Destiny at launch and had fun with it until I reached the point where I stumbled upon the games only raid that needed co-op but didn't offer any match-making(unlike the strikes and the multiplayer. Seriously, Bungie...wtf?!). The updates also made my hard-earned weapons feel useless so I just gave up.If I ever jump into an MMO(or an MMO hybrid game like Destiny) again it will be either The Secret World or nothing at all. WildStar also briefly caught my attention but apparently the game becomes boring after a while.

With MMOs, I have sworn off loot treadmill games entirely. I don't enjoy raiding, and every other game type (PvP) either requires raid gear or has its own treadmill. If something with player built economies shows up (where players/crafters build the gear) then I will give it a go.

EG - Something akin to UO or SWG with a facelift.

Also, instanced PvP should never be the only PvP. Admittedly, I'm an old school "red is dead" UO player. So, I have different desires than the MMO masses.

EVE Online? At least for the economy part (and the "no instanced PvP", I guess)

Anyway, besides Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen I've mostly been on a Warframe binge (with some ESO on the side). It's one of the things I really like about the game, while it's a grindy game in it's very nature you never "get behind" when you just don't feel like playing for a while. (and since they tend to send out emails when events occur that's usually a good moment to jump back into it for me). Usually when I get "back" after doing other stuff for a while I got a load of new content to play with, which is cool. A few more months and I'll hit the three year mark, barring WoW I don't think any online game has ever managed to keep my attention that long. But hey, murdering hordes of enemies hardly ever gets old...

I also checked out Ghost of a Tale, looking good, hope they do something about the camera for non-controller users (the camera has "pull", for lack of a better way to describe it), not gonna spoil too much before the final release though :)

Edited by marelooke

^^That's another one of my peeves about Destiny.  It forces you to play co-op in a lot of the activities, but does not provide for you an actual match making system to find people to play with.  The Raids, for instance.  I wouldn't mind tackling those.  But I don't have more than 1 friend who actually plays Destiny.  It would have been nice to have match making so I could find some randoms to do stuff with.

On a separate note, I think I actually preferred Mars War Logs to Technomancer.  I don't know why exactly, but the story drew me in more.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I also checked out Ghost of a Tale, looking good, hope they do something about the camera for non-controller users (the camera has "pull", for lack of a better way to describe it), not gonna spoil too much before the final release though :)

Apparently the current state is the first quarter of the game content complete, and it stops at the point where content starts becoming incomplete. So there shouldn't be spoilers, just a cliffhanger as you can't go on playing after a point.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Wildstar also has one of the worst UI's I've ever seen.

Also terrible combat mechanics. It's like they joined the worst of old school MMO combat with the worst of action MMO combat. I honestly have no idea how people ever thought it was going to be a WoW killer (although I guess every big name western MMO gets called a WoW killer.)

After almost two years, I have booted up Tales of Xillia 2 again, and decided to do some Titles for trophies and some crafting, so I would be better at the Post Game Dungeon boss fights.

Thinking, that I should go soon for complete playthrough in New Game +, but I have to think a long time, what stuff should I buy in the Grade shop, now that I have unlocked a lot of Titles with 9 trophies in a day O.o

Completion was boosted from 28% to 44% in just one day. But now it will be much slower progress :-(

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I just completed The Book of Unwritten Tales 2, a german point & click adventure game. A much better game that its predecessor, even if a lot buggier. The story and stakes are a lot more interesting (especially early on), the big villain is more devious than he was before, the visuals are better, Ivo's clothing is nicer (by that I mean that she's wearing a dress, not a bikini), Tin Lizzy is funny and badass, Wilbur is adorable and awesome, Ivo is pregnant and awesome and Nate's alternative costume is hilarious and a real surprise.

My only gripe is this : I do not like Nate Bonnet. By extension, I hate that romance they're shoehorned in between Ivo and him. Hate it. What were they thinking?

running for your freaking life when you see a group of like 7 kobolds

justbaldursgatethings

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.