What You Did Today Thread

Blarghagh

Yeah, I'm hoping all that shuffles North.

Well, it popped up over Des Moines so it seems like it'd kick over ORD.

And yes, I refer to cities by airport codes... blame my work system (Chicago O'hare's Hertz is ilord10).

Other news, I got a pay raise effective tomorrow. And hopefully it'll be a double raise to 14 and Assistant Branch Manager but who knows.

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I remembered it was my birthday cause I'm fkn pro and stupid.

• Like 3

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

My sword came in so I've been walking around the house with it strapped to me, like a boss. I also surprised my wife with lunch at work but I didn't bring my sword with me because I realize people aren't as cool as me (and you fine folks) and I don't completely live in a fantasy world. Sure, I wasn't exactly sure what to use as a makeshift sword in the event of ninjas flipping out and attacking but I kept my cool among the locals. Life is good.

I've been thinking of buying one myself, either a Ferrous Wolf, Sin Bad or an D'Capitan, I have a really hard time deciding though. They all so smexy!

When I was in college I seriously considered buying a battleaxe, but the blacksmith didn't sell them with sheaths, and wanted me to email him my credit card number (this was back when the internet was just becoming a thing...my first year was the first year the dorms had anything other than dial-up). I don't imagine my RA would have appreciated it, either. She gave me enough of a hassle over having my bow in my room (I was taking an archery class, so I had a legitimate reason to have it.)
  • Like 1

When I was in college I seriously considered buying a battleaxe, but the blacksmith didn't sell them with sheaths, and wanted me to email him my credit card number (this was back when the internet was just becoming a thing...my first year was the first year the dorms had anything other than dial-up). I don't imagine my RA would have appreciated it, either. She gave me enough of a hassle over having my bow in my room (I was taking an archery class, so I had a legitimate reason to have it.)

Could'nt he have COD'd it or sent an invoice?

RA?

I've wanted a crossbow for a while, but you need a special license for them here.

I remembered it was my birthday cause I'm fkn pro and stupid.

Happy birthday :)

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Heh, in germany you only have to be 18 to own a crossbow. Thought about buying one, but then I realized it's just one of these temporary hypes of me.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

RA?

Resident assistant. In college dormitories, they are generally tasked with...uh...I guess basically supervising in a number of ways, including making sure people don't have weapons, apparently. :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

So I have this fitbit, and I noticed that my pulse over the last few weeks has dropped from the typical 59-60 bpm to 49-50 bpm.  I thought it might just be the watch, but then I took my pulse and it was 52.  

I've also been feeling fairly lethargic the last few weeks.  I've been running regularly, but I don't feel myself.  And last week I started having a fair amount of back pain.

I guess I should go to a doctor.  Garry Shandling also might just have me being paranoid, but better safe than sorry.

• Like 1

So I have this fitbit, and I noticed that my pulse over the last few weeks has dropped from the typical 59-60 bpm to 49-50 bpm.  I thought it might just be the watch, but then I took my pulse and it was 52.  

I've also been feeling fairly lethargic the last few weeks.  I've been running regularly, but I don't feel myself.  And last week I started having a fair amount of back pain.

I guess I should go to a doctor.  Garry Shandling also might just have me being paranoid, but better safe than sorry.

Makes sense, rather be sure than to not go because us guys tend to avoid doctors generally 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Fingers crossed for you.

Maybe youre just getting old. :p

How long have you and Hurlshot known each other for Gfted1?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

am personal getting to that age where more than a few folks we know has bradycardia.  frequent such folks simple see their cardiologist every 3-months to make certain that the situation doesn't get worse.  others need a pacemaker.  a pacemaker sounds serious, and we s'pose it is, but nowadays is an outpatient procedure, as often as not.  frequent is no biggie.  sure, the pacemaker keeps you from stroking out, but otherwise you go on with your life, save for some dietary changes and additional meds. heck, they even got new pacemakers that is mri friendly, or so we hear. 'course there is more serious bradycardia and heart related issues, but is best not to get too worried.  

get checked is a good idea, but get over-concerned is likely pointless.  'course such advice coming from Gromnir is amusing considering we got serious white coat syndrome. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The doctor was not too worried about the heart rate.  Actually he said he wished he could get his resting rate that low.  I am due for a physical so he is going to do some blood work and a physical to check for a few different things, and an EKG just to be safe.  He also said to stop running on concrete, which makes sense.  

I worked my last day in Connecticut today.  Tomorrow I drive up to Boston to see my sister.  Sunday I go to my parents' for Easter.  Next week is packing then a 750 mile one way trip south to Charlotte.  :dancing:

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Heh, in germany you only have to be 18 to own a crossbow. Thought about buying one, but then I realized it's just one of these temporary hypes of me.

Follow your dreams, step outside your comfort zone, even if doesn't pan out you will learn something about yourself. As someone older who regrets time wasted, take all the opportunities you can...BTW what the hell do you need a crossbow for?

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Follow your dreams, step outside your comfort zone, even if doesn't pan out you will learn something about yourself. As someone older who regrets time wasted, take all the opportunities you can...BTW what the hell do you need a crossbow for?

To kill roaming carnivorous bears that are common in his area?  Germany has a huge problem with bears  :blink:

John Milton 

To kill roaming carnivorous bears that are common in his area?  Germany has a huge problem with bears  :blink:

A crossbow won't help then, he needs an elephant gun or a 50.cal. 

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

While doing ironing, forgot we got a new iron here. Was very eager to try it out but will have to wait until next week, I guess. Is a very swank Rowenta model.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

today was an awful day

i had to drive 1000km and i was confident i could finish the trip in less than 9 hours. unfortunately, after around 700km the water pump died and the engine overheated, so i had to do the last 300km in the back of a tow truck... and if that wasn't enough, the call center for the assistance was hit by lightning and the lines were down so i had to wait over 1 hour before i could connect and call for a tow truck. also, since to reach the destination i had to cross 3 regions, i also had to switch 4 tow trucks because the rules say a tow truck can't take a broken car outside it's assigned region.

in the end it took me 16 hours and tomorrow i have to take the car to be fixed

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

today was an awful day

i had to drive 1000km and i was confident i could finish the trip in less than 9 hours. unfortunately, after around 700km the water pump died and the engine overheated, so i had to do the last 300km in the back of a tow truck... and if that wasn't enough, the call center for the assistance was hit by lightning and the lines were down so i had to wait over 1 hour before i could connect and call for a tow truck. also, since to reach the destination i had to cross 3 regions, i also had to switch 4 tow trucks because the rules say a tow truck can't take a broken car outside it's assigned region.

in the end it took me 16 hours and tomorrow i have to take the car to be fixed

Geez that sounds truly horrible

John Milton 

Yikes! Whats a 187 mile towing cost? Its got to be outrageous.

no cost, it was covered by the car insurance. at least that's one less problem in this mess

• Like 3

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Got the windshield replaced on my wife's car and listened to my dog sing me the song of her people

Also, did a little trip planning. Nothing big this year because we are planning on buying a bigger house at some indeterminate point in the future so we are thinking of road tripping to the grand canyon since my wife has never been and then maybe renting a cabin in the mountains for a few days.

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21