What You Did Today Thread

Blarghagh

"Side of the rode"?  Goodness what has happened to my ability to type a cognizant sentence?

:lol:

I didnt even notice it 

Sometimes I re-read my posts and realize that I'm not the monkey in the room who happens to bang out the works of Shakespeare.

Normally I use spell check at work for grammar and spelling....its one of the reasons my grammar is so bad

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Normally I use spell check at work for grammar and spelling....its one of the reasons my grammar is so bad

"Rode" is a legit word (past tense of the verb 'ride') though, so spell check wouldn't catch it. And I missed it on proofreading. :(

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

"Rode" is a legit word (past tense of the verb 'ride') though, so spell check wouldn't catch it. And I missed it on proofreading. :(

I hope the forum finds the strength to forgive you my son ...this was an egregious mistake of monumental proportions  :p

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I hope the forum finds the strength to forgive you my son ...this was an egregious mistake of monumental proportions  :p

'I have committed grammatical and spelling errors in my heart many times'

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

http://blackchristiannews.com/2016/01/popular-malawian-pastor-buys-his-third-private-jet-in-two-years-a-gulf-stream-iii-for-37-million/

Guys doesnt this bother you because of the contradiction and lack of empathy

Malawi is  ranked 146 in the worlds economy's...its a poor country and rife with  corruption

But nice people. Anyway this pastor is one of Malawi's most famous pastors ....he has tens of thousands of followers but still.....how can he spend this much money when he is surrounded by such poverty? Also what do any Christians think about this, surly this cant be right but I may be wrong?

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Just brandish him a heretic and be done with it.

But who is suppose to do that? He has  a cult following in Malawi

I just want to know if I am being over sensitive ...but I find his ostentatious obscene ?

John Milton 

We have all sorts of obscenely rich televangelists in America; Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, Joel Osteen, among others. I ignore them. They are heretics.

There were also some big scandals in the 80's.

*edit* can't find the official music video. It was good satire.

Edited by Leferd
  • Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

We have all sorts of obscenely rich televangelists in America; Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, Joel Osteen, among others. I ignore them. They are heretics.

There were also some big scandals in the 80's.

*edit* can't find the official music video. It was good satire.

But to be that rich in such a poor African country? 

That cant be how a Christian would behave in such circumstances...especially a pastor ? Check the Malawi economic stats 

http://www.heritage.org/index/country/malawi

John Milton 

That's my point. They are heretics and not true men of the cloth.

Yet he makes so  many  Malawian people happy?  I am an agnostic but I can see religion makes many people happy and fulfilled, I wouldn't want to now somehow destroy that by saying the guy is false ....but I'm concerned with his view on acquiring assets ?

John Milton 

Don't leave us hanging. What color is it?

It's a light brown with shades of gold and purple. Sort of a pearlescent brown. It's weird as I said, and I can't get a good picture of it.

I've tried to get some images, but I can't move them from my phone. 'Cuz it is poop.

Nice, I didnt think you Swedes used cars?

I always assumed reindeer pulling a sleigh was how you got around :biggrin:

Nah, we use elk! Reindeer are way to weak :p

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Don't leave us hanging. What color is it?

It's a light brown with shades of gold and purple. Sort of a pearlescent brown. It's weird as I said, and I can't get a good picture of it.

I've tried to get some images, but I can't move them from my phone. 'Cuz it is poop.

Nice, I didnt think you Swedes used cars?

I always assumed reindeer pulling a sleigh was how you got around :biggrin:

Nah, we use elk! Reindeer are way to weak :p

A typical day in Sweden:

21cyrzr.jpg

Edited by JadedWolf
  • Like 2

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Bruce asked how my meds were going and such in another thread, so I'll update here. Meds are going great. I haven't lost control on my kids since starting them, I don't hate picking up my daughter from school anymore, and I'm not having trouble getting to sleep without taking melatonin anymore.

The boy is still a terror, but with me not losing it we are keeping his messes more under control. Showed my doctor a picture of one of the messes he made and she said she was surprised that the drugs were able to keep my anger under control, as any sane person would be enraged by that.

• Like 3
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Bruce asked how my meds were going and such in another thread, so I'll update here. Meds are going great. I haven't lost control on my kids since starting them, I don't hate picking up my daughter from school anymore, and I'm not having trouble getting to sleep without taking melatonin anymore.

The boy is still a terror, but with me not losing it we are keeping his messes more under control. Showed my doctor a picture of one of the messes he made and she said she was surprised that the drugs were able to keep my anger under control, as any sane person would be enraged by that.

Thats good to know, its great when we can use modern medicine to improve our lives....what would you have done 100 years ago ?

John Milton 

Thats good to know, its great when we can use modern medicine to improve our lives....what would you have done 100 years ago ?
Made the wife handle it while I went to the bar with my friends. Or beat the everliving crap out of the boy until he behaved. Edited by Oerwinde
  • Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

My sword came in so I've been walking around the house with it strapped to me, like a boss. I also surprised my wife with lunch at work but I didn't bring my sword with me because I realize people aren't as cool as me (and you fine folks) and I don't completely live in a fantasy world. Sure, I wasn't exactly sure what to use as a makeshift sword in the event of ninjas flipping out and attacking but I kept my cool among the locals. Life is good.

• Like 4

Free games updated 3/4/21

My sword came in so I've been walking around the house with it strapped to me, like a boss. I also surprised my wife with lunch at work but I didn't bring my sword with me because I realize people aren't as cool as me (and you fine folks) and I don't completely live in a fantasy world. Sure, I wasn't exactly sure what to use as a makeshift sword in the event of ninjas flipping out and attacking but I kept my cool among the locals. Life is good.

:lol: 

Yeah we cool with swords....but you do realize some people think I'm  a troll so you should get others views  :biggrin:

John Milton 

Yeah well if a dragon landed there they would be happy you had your sword then. 

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yeah well if a dragon landed there they would be happy you had your sword then.

Not much use against a flying beast.

Today was a good day. Waiting for the universe to correct that

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Shady would have just shouted JOOR-ZAH-FRUL and brought him right down.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I've been thinking of buying one myself, either a Ferrous Wolf, Sin Bad or an D'Capitan, I have a really hard time deciding though. They all so smexy!

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken