What You Did Today Thread

Blarghagh

I was not aware of a state credit on top of the federal. Very nice.

most californians will get an additional $2500 rebate + carpool lane access. we do not qualify for the rebate as it sudden became income capped.  *grumble* no biggie.

individual states got different rebate & credit offers.  our recollection is that CO has the bestest credit, but am not recalling the specifics. an additional $6000?  

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I bit

2gvvLBU.jpg

Is that the exact model & color?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

It's a Tesla Model 3 and I want it in black but so far all I have is a reservation. Not sure when the configuration stage is set to begin but maybe Gromnir knows more since he reserved one in person

am not knowing more than shady.  we waited for +2 hours to reserve and the actual time we spent reserving were ~3 minutes.  

am gonna admit that the wait annoyed us a bit, so previous to giving'em our credit card, we did have the folks at the rocklin tesla confirm for us that our reservation would be transferable to heirs or assignees in case o' our death.... not that we care 'bout such a transfer.  

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Guys are ballers. I tried reserving a car today and they said, 'we don't accept layaway for a Land Rover Evoque coupe with panorama roof, sorry'. 

My new bucket hat came, though. It's white, has a Chargers Bolt, I love it, I feel ultra-prepared for any sun activity ... strolling, paddle-boarding, gardening, panorama roofing. 

• Like 3

All Stop. On Screen.

Guys are ballers. I tried reserving a car today and they said, 'we don't accept layaway for a Land Rover Evoque coupe with panorama roof, sorry'. 

My new bucket hat came, though. It's white, has a Chargers Bolt, I love it, I feel ultra-prepared for any sun activity ... strolling, paddle-boarding, gardening, panorama roofing. 

Nice one brutha  :thumbsup:

Manifes in a place like San Diego I assume voting demographic is Democratic ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Nice one brutha :thumbsup:

https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/default/files/legacy/city-clerk/pdf/voterstats.pdf

Lots of undeclared. Many of these are military and they lean conservative. San Diego generally tends to elect Republicans.

Edited by Leferd
  • Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Nice one brutha :thumbsup:

https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/default/files/legacy/city-clerk/pdf/voterstats.pdf

Lots of undeclared. Many of these are military and they lean conservative. San Diego generally tends to elect Republicans.

Thanks for sharing, interesting ...but this  graph say Democrats have the highest at 235 K ?

Lef do you also stay in San Diego?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You're not looking at the undeclared column. 177,579.

I live in the Bay Area. San Diego is probably the most beautiful city in California. Big Navy/Marine town. Lots of Marines and sailors retire there. Hell, my brother is an airman and he plans on living there after he gets his twenty years.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

Can't we have cars and comics without politics.  ;(

Sorry, of course we can

For me we talk politics all the time in SA.....but I forget not every forum or person enjoys politics 

John Milton 

You're not looking at the undeclared column. 177,579.

I live in the Bay Area. San Diego is probably the most beautiful city in California. Big Navy/Marine town. Lots of Marines and sailors retire there. Hell, my brother is an airman and he plans on living there after he gets his twenty years.

Okay that makes sense ...I saw that column but the DECL  through me off 

John Milton 

Got you covered, bud. That's why I took Bruce's bullet for you.

• Like 2

Got you covered, bud. That's why I took Bruce's bullet for you.

So California is considered liberalish but progressive....so  for example healthy eating and things like Sushi is common 

One of the episodes of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives Guy Fieri is in this old school  rural  restaurant in Mississippi that has been serving the same food for 100 years and even though this place is very popular with the locals the food is still prepared the way it use to be ...which was very unhealthy. So things are literally fried in lard ......

Anyway Guy was asking the owner his normal questions like " what brings people back here " ..and the owner replied " we do things the old way and people  like that. A while ago we had some potential investors from California but they dont understand our ways so we refused to sell  " 

So Guy then teases him but the owner didnt realize it "  yeah the last thing you want is people from California coming here...the next thing they will have you selling sushi "  (Guy lives in California )

And the owner in  that deep Southern Accent  replies "  No Sir....that wont work here "  .....its like Sushi and the Californians were some foreign invader...it was really funny  :biggrin:

John Milton 

The appearance of eating healthy is common ... but I asked a friend of mine with a background in radiology at UCSD, she said unhealthy lifestyles are equally common. I used to think surfers were zen masters, but she dispelled that rumor, too. No offense, Surfrider Foundation.  

All Stop. On Screen.

I don't eat particularly bad but since I don't like the same things that my wife does she thinks that I eat poorly  :shrugz:

What food does your wife eat?

John Milton 

The appearance of eating healthy is common ... but I asked a friend of mine with a background in radiology at UCSD, she said unhealthy lifestyles are equally common. I used to think surfers were zen masters, but she dispelled that rumor, too. No offense, Surfrider Foundation.  

Of course, we can never generalize but what you do seem to see in states like California is constant innovation in many sectors 

So on other food shows they go to these awesome restaurants in California that specialize in Molecular Gastronomy  or places like Napa Valley 

Those places aren't that common in Mississippi and the overall budget in Cali must also make a huge difference to the society experimenting?

John Milton 

My new hat works well even indoors. The 360° brim reflects sound waves from the TV directly into my ear holes, and the lanyard string thing is detachable, in case I don't want the option of having to pick up the hat from the floor after suddenly removing it. 

All Stop. On Screen.