What You Did Today Thread

Blarghagh

A community I was a part of over 7-8 years ago just made efforts to track me down and finally found me.

Is why I change my identity every 6 years.

Every previous community I was a part of  I had to leave hastily ....I have never had anyone express an interest in asking me to come back. I was very misunderstood on those forums  8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Every previous community I was a part of  I had to leave hastily ....I have never had anyone express an interest in asking me to come back. I was very misunderstood on those forums  cool.png

Could you give us an example of what one forum did to make you leave?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Can't imagine anyone on a forum making me leave, short of permanent bans anyway. :p

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Its not you, its the rest of the world. ;)

Well it would be untrue to say I did nothing they found controversial or the Mods were concerned about...but the Mods here are very fair. I have had a few warnings and I agreed I needed to be more aware of what I say :geek:

But people take my jokes too seriously and then think I'm being rude or offensive....Gfted1 you know even here people sometimes misunderstand me?  The thing is I'm not malicious or vindictive so it does surprise me when people get offended 

Every previous community I was a part of  I had to leave hastily ....I have never had anyone express an interest in asking me to come back. I was very misunderstood on those forums  cool.png

Could you give us an example of what one forum did to make you leave?

There are many, MMORPG.COM and mortalonline.com

Sometimes I wasn't banned but people stopped talking to me and I just left as it got boring 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Some forums are easy to get banned from.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

My better half is in La la land for most of the week so I'm stuck at home without proper supervision. I had alcohol for breakfast, pizza for lunch, and ice cream for dinner. Being lactose intolerant didn't help but when you err you should always err on the side of delicious flavor. I wanted to build a massive fort in the living room but work took up too much of my day. Maybe my wife will help me build Fort Awesome when she gets back on Thursday but she'll probably want to scale it down to Fort Not Quite As Awesome But Much Easier To Clean Up and that doesn't really roll off the tongue.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

better than Fort Where Shady Will Be Sleeping Alone For The Foreseeable Future, eh?  given the alternatives if mrs. shady weren't so understanding, Fort Not Quite As Awesome But Much Easier To Clean Up sounds positively delightful.

also, aren't you on the ulcer diet? is pretty much 0 dairy, 0 alcohol, 0 spicy and 0 fatty meats... and avoid tomatoes too, yes?  

shady is a vampire fan and as such you will understand when we admit that we would rather go on the r.m. renfield diet than be on the ulcer diet... though we do not drink alcohol. 

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Yes, I'm still on a diet but not quite as restrictive anymore. I don't have an ulcer but I do have some kind of acid reflux or something similar and I also have a something that's too damn high, I dunno. I zoned out after being told I can't eat good food anymore because what's the point of living more years without enjoying life during them

Edited by ShadySands

I get the opposite of acid reflux - not enough acid. Feels pretty much the same as acid reflux in regards to symptoms and pain (so much so, that it's frequently misdiagnosed as acid reflux...), but the cure is to eat oranges, limes, grapefruit, etc. instead of Tums (...which will make it so much worse if you do try). I'd rather have that than acid reflux, so you have my sympathies. :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

I have no medical diet issues and am glad for it. Although have to watch what I eat because I don't want to get fat but it seems like everything tasty is bad for you.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I've had...uh...anti-acid reflux(?) since I was a small child. Was always incredibly annoying when people told me to just take some tums to fix it...especially because I absolutely abhor the taste of tums...and it never did anything, because, well, it was the opposite of acid reflux, even though it had the same symptoms. It was fantastic to finally get it properly diagnosed, especially because I love acidic foods. Give me a dozen limes, and I'll give you a dozen eaten limes in 30 minutes. :p

What kind of sword? Pic?

http://www.budk.com/dailysteal.aspx

Can't speak to the quality but it's not like I'm actually going to use it for anything

Did you buy a NCO sword while you were in?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

What kind of sword? Pic?

http://www.budk.com/dailysteal.aspx

Can't speak to the quality but it's not like I'm actually going to use it for anything

Did you buy a NCO sword while you were in?

No, I was close but I couldn't pony up for it so I just rented one

If it had been 60 bucks with free shipping then I would have been all over it

Some forums are easy to get banned from.

Like 10 years ago I bought a membership for Something Awful. Made 3 posts. One of which was in a "google image search your name and post the result!" thread. Turns out remote linking was a banable offense.

Worst 5 bucks I ever spent.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Recently got myself a credit card, and I do regret it a bit. I'm finding I have to sit on my hands to not go on a spending spree on GOG and similar things. I need that money for a car and drivers license!

But I really, really want to buy all of gog's inventory. */crai

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken