What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

Decided to pick up Undertale after reading some gushing praise on Game Informer (I get it for free, alright!)

I think I made a big mistake.

edit:  Well, not big.  I made a $10 mistake.

Edited by Hurlshot

Today is the release date for the full version of Darkest Dungeons! I am most looking forward to playing it soon(^_^)

Are people still raging about latest gameplay changes?

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Started the last story mission for Sisters of Sigmar.

God this is boring.

Charged Bertha (the story NPC) into certain death so the mission would fail and I could get on with my life.

I've kind of been waiting for more patches before I carry on much further with Mordheim. Shame about the insane loading times or it'd be a great game to fire up for a quick match now and again... Wonder if lowering the resolution would help with the loading times, though I'd assume not since it's apparently due to how they randomly generate the maps. Meh.

Which brings me to the game I tend to fire up for a quick match: Warframe ;) Attained Mastery Rank 19, running out of new gear to level (not surprising given how long I've been playing the game) which means I'll have to go into the Void more often if I want to obtain new toys to play with. The reason I dislike the Void is because I can't just let the matchmaker create a group and go. On top of that it requires keys, so I'd feel bad about sucking in some high level missions (which is stupid, since I play at similar levels on the Star Chart, but hey, a little insanity has never hurt anyone, or something...).

When I have slightly more time to play I fire up SWToR, made it into the Shadow of Revant content now, finally starting to get gear that's an actual improvement over the stuff I had.

Yeah, resolution does nothing for load times. Campaign maps load real fast since those aren't random.

Finished the Sisters of Sigmar Campaign.

I like the game. But the campaign missions I loath. The maps are too large while having you run around too much to gather the item that you use to trigger the effect to proceed the mission to run back and... they are more tedious than hard. And if you do not know what will happen in the mission, because you haven't read up on it, then chances are you will run in the wrong direction, not knowing that you should have ran in the other. Then the casualties will start heaping up and you'll fail. You'll try again and do things right (though still tedious). But the first time you wont have failed because of a mistake, but because you spend an hour trying to figure out what was being asked of you.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Play the game. Just be warned if you try the story missions :)

Act 1 for Sisters of Sigmar I mostly enjoyed. The missions were a bit long-winded but could be done even on the first attempt.

Though it ended in Act 1 - 4; the Library is the most hated map in the game. Probably the reason why a lot of people don't finish act 1 :p

Still, up to then, the campaign seems to demand two things of the player: proper use of skills, and a bit of patience searching the map. For example the Sister npc who joins you for story missions has the Penitence spell. It prevents an enemy from using counter attacks. The hard part of missions 1-1  to 1-3 are the enemy Impressives. If you move carefully and cast Penitence on them, then your sisters can get a round of attacks in without retaliation. The Cult of the Possessed caster who joins in their missions has a spell that reduces enemy Offense points. If you use it, the Bloodletters in the barracks are hard but manageable. If you don't...

But while the other maps are too large, the Library is a maze with colour coded portals. And for many warbands the first encounter with daemons, which the player may be woefully unprepared for at the time. So it becomes a frustrating exercise of trying to remember who has which quest item to go through what portal.

In Act 2 they add environmental debuffs and damage, and half the time you are trying to gather quest items while being attacked by enemies who can only be killed if you find the quest items (on a huge map of course).

But! My Comet's Daughters have gone on approx 200 missions. 8 of those were story missions (10 if you count the two failed attempts at 2-1). So while I rage against the campaign, it really is a minor part of the game.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Decided to pick up Undertale after reading some gushing praise on Game Informer (I get it for free, alright!)

I think I made a big mistake.

edit:  Well, not big.  I made a $10 mistake.

lol, I don't really understand all the hype/love for undertale. But who knows, maybe you can get a few hours of fun for your 10 bucks;)

I started playing Attractio.  It's a first-person puzzler that seems to revolve around gravity.  The game takes place on a game show in a dystopian future (dystopian future seems all the rage for a setting these days.  I guess it beats standard Tolkien fantasy).  I've heard the game described as Portal meets The Running Man.  Too early to tell if it lives up to that. 

I'm liking it so far, but it's a puzzle game and puzzle games are my jam (probably in no small part due to the fact that it's one of the few genres of games I can honestly say I excel at), so that's expected.  The voice acting, though...

/kisses finger tips

Next-level cringe.  :lol:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Flame Lurker is absolutely easy as pie for Caster Build. I was actually disappointed, when I found how to cheap shot him :-(. All you need to do is cast Cloak right after you walk into fog, run behind him from right side (when running on left side he can detect you sometimes), cast Homing Soul Arrow, run to save spot, cast Cloak again, and repeat...

I did a caster build, and I believe I killed him in maybe 4-5 shots with Soul Arrow or Soul Ray? I can't remember which. He was basically dead by the time he reached me, one tumble, one more shot. Gone. My friend was outraged, because his tank always got stomped. The final boss did give me some grief though, while being quite easy for my friend.

• Like 1

False King was for me pain in the ass for the NG+ as well, I was unable to kill him for a long long time and I quit beause of it the game for 3 and half years. Then I found a way how to get him. I have stopped to lock him, and just rolled a lot and used Homing Soul Arrows and drank spices and sometimes used grass.

I needed about 30-40 minutes of practice, to learn that properly and Cling Ring helped me a lot. On NG++ I needed only 4 attempts to get him down. \o/

I have watched few videos and streams with melee classes, and I really can see why your friend would rage on some bosses. I know, for sure, I would have some big issues with my melee and rolling skills with few of the bosses and raging a lot :D

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

And besides that, just making different character builds on Grim Dawn. Just love that game through and through

The game is basically complete now, right? I haven't played it in a year, maybe longer. I very much liked it when I did play it. Not surprising since it's the spiritual successor to my favorite loot em up ever, Titan Quest. Supposedly the final release is in about a month, if I recall correctly. I'll start playing it again once that happens.

I bought the game when it came out on early access due to a sale but forgot about it. Redownloaded it recently and straight up loving it. Never played Titans quest but Grim Dawn is giving me serious Diablo 2 with better graphics vibe.

Currently level 20 in Dragon's Dogma and having fun exploring.  Started off as a fighter until level 12 and now currently a ranger, until I level up a bit for the switch to Mystic Knight.  The exploration of the dark temples are quite fun as compared to other games "dark" places or night time settings.

Leveling up another build in Grim Dawn and just having a ton of fun as always with that title.  Even after 150 hours, I still have no problem starting over and creating a new build.  

Anyone looking at The Witness coming up?  Haven't heard it discussed, but have recently seen a bit of advertising for it.  Wanted to see if there were any other perspectives on it.

I'm closing in on level 30 in Dragon's Dogma. This game is a lot tougher than I remembered, but I'm finally becoming slightly more powerful and can beat up cyclops and ogres.

Having lots of fun with it.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Played the new Homeworld for about 2 hours now. I think it's fun. So far it offers a really fancy atmosphere with the way everything behaves, the radio chatter, the cutscene setup, etc. Really makes me feel like the captain of a huge crawler.

PS: I love how everything places itself around you if set to defend the crawler. If you move somewhere, let everyone go into defend mode and just move the crawler.

3Pu4fN.jpg

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'm closing in on level 30 in Dragon's Dogma. This game is a lot tougher than I remembered, but I'm finally becoming slightly more powerful and can beat up cyclops and ogres.

Having lots of fun with it.

Awesome to hear. I just got done exploring the water temple without picking up the quest first but it was fun just the same. Excited to go back to complete that because exploring caverns/temples/ruins is quite fun and pretty much anything at night is as well due to situations being more ramped up at night.

Played the new Homeworld for about 2 hours now. I think it's fun. So far it offers a really fancy atmosphere with the way everything behaves, the radio chatter, the cutscene setup, etc. Really makes me feel like the captain of a huge crawler.

PS: I love how everything places itself around you if set to defend the crawler. If you move somewhere, let everyone go into defend mode and just move the crawler.

3Pu4fN.jpg

I love the idle chatter between units. Given that BBI has a lot of Relic alumni, I expect this to be a holdover from the Company of Heroes games that had unit banter out the ass (apparently 67,000 unique lines in Company of Heroes 1 alone):

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Unit chatter is a bit of a signature of Relic games. Even in the original Homeworld, there was stuff like harvesters saying something along the lines of "Too many collectors fleet, expect delays" when they get held up in a line in front of resource dropoff points, having different chatter of being out of combat, in combat, being heavily damaged etc. It was really impressive for the time and still is - not to mention useful for gameplay.

They pretty much brought this to perfection with Dawn of War 2 where your soldiers will inform you of which unit they encountered and are even capable of saying things like "... advancing along a tank" "... in heavy cover" and such. It's such a neat touch and provides you with essential gameplay information too.

The new homeworld feels slower paced to me, which I actually like a lot. The reason why I stopped rts is mainly because they felt too stressful to me. Too many clicks, too much fast micromanagement, etc ... It's really not how I like my games to be.

• Like 1

torment beta

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)