What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

mmm DD, i had a lot of fun with Mystic Knight and Magick Archer, probably my favorite ranged classes ever in any game. :)

aynway just finished Old Hunters DLC, plenty of fun, definitely worth my money. THough i didn't seem to have any trouble with any bosses after Ludwig.  Maybe i just did too much DPS and their later stages didn't come into effect enough to bother me. WIll have to play ng+ to see.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I'm about halfway through Uncharted 2.  The story is actually longer than the first one, and it seems by quite a bit.  Took me 3 days to finish the first one.  This one will probably take me 4 or 5 days.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

When I need to turn off my brain and unwind after working retail, I've been playing Killing Floor 2

Started a new campaign in pillars, but think I'm gonna delete it and wait til the next expansion comes. Bill just finish up my bleak walker paladin til then.

Stopped playing fallout 4, doesn't appeal to me sadly.

Good news is that I started playing witcher 3 again.

• Like 1

So where exactly are you?

In Tibet.  Just finished that long cutscene where Drake wakes up in that house with the guy who doesn't speak English, who brings him to the old guy who does.  The last save I made said I'm 54% completed the campaign.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Soon, my pretties, soon..

oops_zpshln8fs13.png

To my defense, it's only 30€ and I already own it on Xbox 360 so I know that it's good!

Oh god, what have I done?!

I was tempted, but I think I'm going to wait for a sale.  Especially since I just broke down and pre-ordered XCOM2 (the 25% discount was too tempting, and it's something I know I want at launch.)

I've been playing Neverwinter Nights 2 recently.  As much as the story is kind of meh, and the gameplay isn't that great, I just love character building.  I don't even really like 3.X D&D, but I can still spend hours trying to come up with builds.

After the mess the SCL was i reinstalled NWN and boy that game is a better DnD in every aspect. I even made 2nd folder and entered Ravenloft Persistent world. It was a decent experience if you are not looking for constant action. I actually had 0 combat over 3h of gameplay last night and boy it went fast.

NWN is a great DnD implementation and how it can function as an extremely versatile multiplayer platform is probably my favorite part of it. I've had so much fun doing simple co-op runs of various user campaigns in that game. Sad thing is that SCL tried to replicate precisely that and kinda failed.

In Tibet.  Just finished that long cutscene where Drake wakes up in that house with the guy who doesn't speak English, who brings him to the old guy who does.  The last save I made said I'm 54% completed the campaign.

Nice. How did you like the train ride? :D

• Like 1

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Running around the room for 1 hour? You should know the area by heart now then. So you know every place where the blue resin respawns so you can explode those in his face while moving around all the time.  There shouldn't be any other way in the collection, the original had some cheese tactics though.

I can burn him with resin for the first two-thirds of the battle--until it stops spawning--and then he throws grenades instead of chasing Drake. The map is kinda easy for Drake to get stuck in, around the tree, and then plink plink plink plink boom. 

All Stop. On Screen.

He should still run after you when throwing grenades and you need to find a way to hurt him 3 times each round. There should be plenty of resin around even if it stops spawning, which to be honest i don't remember happening, and i played a month ago. Maybe i should replay it.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Nice. How did you like the train ride? :D

Honestly, I didn't mind it.  A good mix of gun play and climbing/jumping/timing.

There seems to be a lot more climbing areas in Uncharted 2 than there was in the first one.  I kind of like it.  I'm also enjoying the story more (so far).

Well... f***,,,

Pre-ordered Dragon's Dogma yesterday and am in the middle of pre-loading it. I come home from work today and check my email and lo and below, GMG sent me a 25% off coupon on it.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

It's very common for GMG to do a 25% off sale very close to release. Not an offer I personally would take tho as it means you lose your chance to get an automatic refund from Steam in case it turns out the game has technical problems.

Warrior Kings, an old RTS that recently came to GOG. Upon seeing the game advertised I was overcome by nostalgia and decided to purchase and play the game, seems a mite stabler than when last experienced (though that was near release,) and the atmosphere of the piece has not diminished one iota.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Finished Uncharted 2.  The end battle was, once again, not to my enjoyment.  But the rest of the game was very good.  Great story, great dialogue/acting, and fun combat and climbing elements.

I recognized Claudia Black's voice right away as Chloe.

Sounds like a JRPG just from the title.

It's more of a Japanese take on western action-RPG.

Interesting oddity but sadly quite flawed.

I'll agree it is flawed, but despite that I still really enjoyed it immensely.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I got a minigun in Satellite Reign.  This clearly makes me very happy, but it bring up a question?  How the heck is my character concealing it?  In the game as long as you don't have your weapons armed you can walk past guards and cameras and everything is hunky-dory (R.I.P. David Bowie).  Pistols I understand, those I could conceal easily.  SMGs is pushing it a bit, especially the laser SMG which is pretty much assault rifle size, but I can give that a pass.  But a minigun?  That thing is almost as big as I am.  What kind of cargo pants is my soldier wearing that he can stash that monstrosity out of sight?  I can't imagine my soldier just wearing that thing slung across his back and guards on the street thinking "I'm sure he's got a permit for that.  It's fine."  That is not a weapon a civilian lawfully carries in any universe.  :lol:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I got a minigun in Satellite Reign.  This clearly makes me very happy, but it bring up a question?  How the heck is my character concealing it?  In the game as long as you don't have your weapons armed you can walk past guards and cameras and everything is hunky-dory (R.I.P. David Bowie).  Pistols I understand, those I could conceal easily.  SMGs is pushing it a bit, especially the laser SMG which is pretty much assault rifle size, but I can give that a pass.  But a minigun?  That thing is almost as big as I am.  What kind of cargo pants is my soldier wearing that he can stash that monstrosity out of sight?  I can't imagine my soldier just wearing that thing slug across his back and guards on the street thinking "I'm sure he's got a permit for that.  It's fine."  That is not a weapon a civilian lawfully carries in any universe.  :lol:

Obviously the game takes place in Japan.  You've seen the size of the swords they deem as "normal" in Final Fantasy, right?

• Like 2