What's on the idiot box?

Blarghagh

Been hate-watching it since they killed Ros, no, you won't miss anything.

Dang. If you hate it, then I should have totally aborted.

That episode when they wrote off Bobbi and Hunter was the worst. Totally contrived. I was actually LOLsing through that final bar scene, it was so terrible.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I'm enjoying it. Latest episode was really good I thought

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Sitll wondering what purpose the Watchdogs will serve. One episode spent on introducing a vigilante group led by Blake and some personal issues for MAck and since then, well, nothing.

I'm guessing we'll be getting a Blake heel-face turn during the finale so he can die while killing Hive.

Oh, and yeah, the Shield member who will die as per Skye's vision. I hope they pick one of her team. Or maybe all of them.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Sitll wondering what purpose the Watchdogs will serve. One episode spent on introducing a vigilante group led by Blake and some personal issues for MAck and since then, well, nothing.

I'm guessing we'll be getting a Blake heel-face turn during the finale so he can die while killing Hive.

Oh, and yeah, the Shield member who will die as per Skye's vision. I hope they pick one of her team. Or maybe all of them.

Cross floating indicates Yoyo or Mack IMO

Also, is it just me or is the symbol on that orb the same as the one on the Sanctum Sanctorum window in Dr Strange?

Edit: google image search says its just me.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Latest season of Banshee is out, season 4 is brutal, enthralling and always dark......like I mean always dark

This season has a real Satanic cult....human sacrifices and all that, its not for the fainthearted  :skull:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Season finale of Lucifer.

Some nice twists and a setup for what the second season will be about. That, and some fun snark.

It shouldn't work, but the way they throw themselves into the delivery of the lines just clicks well.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Season finale of Limitless.

Sands Legion of Whom. Snerk. The shiny jumpsuits in the volcano meeting.

I've more or less enjoyed Limitless, but that ending of the season finale was some first class bs. Unless it turns out to be a hallucination (which seems unlikely), it was just some deus ex machina garbage to allow there to be more seasons. I'm not sad about there being more seasons, but it seems like there had to be a better way of handling it.

Also, I started watching The Magicians, and after 3 episodes it seems like there's basically one major character who's not a complete ****. I know that's kind of trendy nowadays (thanks, Game of Thrones :( ) but why would I keep watching a show (or reading a book) where I couldn't care less about the characters? They could kill off every major character, and I wouldn't be sad in the slightest.

I've more or less enjoyed Limitless, but that ending of the season finale was some first class bs. Unless it turns out to be a hallucination (which seems unlikely), it was just some deus ex machina garbage to allow there to be more seasons. I'm not sad about there being more seasons, but it seems like there had to be a better way of handling it.

Also, I started watching The Magicians, and after 3 episodes it seems like there's basically one major character who's not a complete ****. I know that's kind of trendy nowadays (thanks, Game of Thrones :( ) but why would I keep watching a show (or reading a book) where I couldn't care less about the characters? They could kill off every major character, and I wouldn't be sad in the slightest.

:lol: this post really made me laugh

I think the time for confusing   commentary is over....if you dont like the cast of Magicians its probably best to just be honest and..admit it, no need to be coy or reticent  :biggrin:

I liked the various characters, they had flaws and reasonable dysfunctions that most people grapple with on some level ....it made them human, I could identify with them ?

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The characters all level out towards the end of the season. Even Penny isn't as much of a jerk.

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

Hm, and from the wife of Robert Jordan..

The following is a press statement that has been approved by the studio involved in contract negotiations:

Update: Wanted to share with you exciting news about The Wheel of Time. Legal issues have been resolved. The Wheel of Time will become a cutting edge TV series! I couldn’t be more pleased. Look for the official announcement coming soon from a major studio —Harriet 

The following is a press statement that has been approved by the studio involved in contract negotiations:

Update: Wanted to share with you exciting news about The Wheel of Time. Legal issues have been resolved. The Wheel of Time will become a cutting edge TV series! I couldn’t be more pleased. Look for the official announcement coming soon from a major studio —Harriet

At least thats a series fans won't mind a little bit of condensing and creative license

Devastatorsig.jpg

Ugh, I really think they won't do it justice with a TV series. The thing is even if they gut the books to the core, which would really suck, they would still need a crap load, budget wise, after book 3. I think an animated series (preferably 2d) would be the way to go, but then there isn't much money to be made there. As for movies, I couldn't imagine them getting a budget for that.

I don't know, I'm not holding my breath for this one, even though I'm a major fan of the WoT series.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Ugh, I really think they won't do it justice with a TV series. The thing is even if they gut the books to the core, which would really suck, they would still need a crap load, budget wise, after book 3. I think an animated series (preferably 2d) would be the way to go, but then there isn't much money to be made there. As for movies, I couldn't imagine them getting a budget for that.

I don't know, I'm not holding my breath for this one, even though I'm a major fan of the WoT series.

Well, they said pretty much the same thing about Game of Thrones. That series still hasn't been completely written yet.

I'll be curious just to see how it does shake out.

Heh, and whether they'll follow GoT in filming in Ireland, Shannara and LoTR in filming in New Zealand, or pull out a surprise and shoot somewhere else....

As long as they don't pull a Legend of the Seeker and make it nearly unrecognizable.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The characters all level out towards the end of the season. Even Penny isn't as much of a jerk.

Also I have heard this criticism several times so I'm missing something, what for example is wrong with Quinton?

What is wrong with his personality ....what do people expect him to act like?

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Also I have heard this criticism several times so I'm missing something, what for example is wrong with Quinton?

What is wrong with his personality ....what do people expect him to act like?

Seriously Bruce?

You didn't see anything wrong with his behavior? I'm glad the show has gotten better since I stopped watching but he was a pretty horrible person in the first couple of episodes

Here is the actor even saying the character starts off as unlikable

Ralph added that he enjoys playing Quentin on "The Magicians" because he starts off as being a very unlikable character for many viewers.

"I am drawn to the unlikablility of him," the actor explained. "At first he is and should be unlikable, but in time he grows on you. He will begin to become the man you want him to be. I love that he's not your classic hero and he's never really going to be. That's the thing that makes him relatable."

"The Magicians" star revealed Quentin will reunite with his childhood friend Julia, although she's going to be jealous that he was able to join the magical world.

"Quentin and Julia are best friends, and for most of their lives, were the only people there for each other," Ralph said. "I think Quentin finally gets one step ahead of her in a way by getting into Brakebills. He's so excited by this new life that he kind of throws everything out about his old life, including Julia.

Free games updated 3/4/21