What you did today

Blarghagh

Went and watched Star Wars.

Why is it, every time I go to the movies, I get to sit next to the person spending the whole time on their phone?

After checking facebook yet again, guy looks up, sees three characters on snow-covered ground, looking at their destination. He turns to the girl sitting on his other side: "What are they doing?"

Two replies wrestled in my head, wanting to be the one to pass my lips and assist this poor lost soul.

1) "Why not ask on facebook?"
~Too snarky.

2) "Well, after they barely escaped the Cylon attack on Babylon 5, with the help of Malcolm Reynolds - who had hijacked a Goa'uld mothership - they acquired a Delorean, and used that to travel back to Alderaan, where they hope to rescue a young Ripley, who was abducted by a T-2000 so she would not give birth to Alex J. Murphy. If they succeed, together they will commandeer an Atlas Mech. The Atlas you see is the only thing with enough fire power to breach the Fortress of Solitude, where they can find the plaid Kryptonite necessary to destroy the One Ring and Voldemort's control of the Spice and through it the Tardis. Then they will be able to sit back and live long and prosper ever after."
~Better, but then I'd have missed the movie saying all that.

Next time I'll just bring a taser.

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Planning when to go see Star Wars, hopefully cinemas won't be packed and it'll just be the losers paying to see it multiple times just because. Rather disappointed the only IMAX showings are 3D.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Merry Christmas everyone

• Like 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Guy smoked a power pole. No power until approx. 2am. Haven't wrapped any presents. Usual Christmas eve is wrapping while watching The Hogfather.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Merry Christmas everyone.

Kind of a lame one here, really. Due to house repairs no gifts and with no people over, it's going to be a typical Friday ;lol:

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Merry Christmas y'all!

Yeah Merry Xmas everyone  :dancing:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

PayPal helped me save money this xmas. Wanted to buy some stuff, but then... nope, account limited. Had to change my pass, my security questions and identify myself and now it takes a few days for them to check the later. I'll guess they didn't liked how I logged in from a totally different computer and location this time and then locked up my account. Highly annoying, but oh well.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Lame one here due to scheduling conflicts. Celebrating with my family tomorrow and the inlaws the day after.

Sounds fun, for me Xmas is not  necessarily about a big celebration because sometimes circumstances prevent this 

As long as you have a good time that is memorable for you on a personal level  it can never be lame 

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I've been binge watching Turn and The Americans all day. They are both pretty good. I gave the dogs and rabbits their Christmas gifts. The dogs got new toys and some new grain-free chew treats. The rabbits got a celery stick each and a new salt block.

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Power went out last night so we wrapped presents with flashlights instead of watching Hogfather. Kids were awful today, son got all his presents taken away because he refused to stop playing to clean up his garbage. Dropped my disabled sister in law when trying to take her to the car to drive her home after nearly passing out from the exertion of carrying her down the stairs. Wife has pneumonia so I had to do all the cleaning, cooking, errand running, etc. as well. Sister sent me an amazon.com gift card instead of amazon.ca and I redeemed it without thinking. This was fixed easily last time she did this when the rep just zeroed my balance and refunded the gift card. Apparently their reps now are retarded because they couldn't figure that out and now I may be stuck with 20 bucks of Amazon.com credit that is next to useless. They can deliver your **** with drones. They can refund a goddamned gift card.

Anyway. I'm burnt out from all the people and need to veg with some fallout for a bit. Once again sacrificing sleep for recharge time.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Have some people over and their 5 year old daughter just threw up all down the stairs. Fortunately we don't have carpet and it's wooden floor boards throughout the house.

Out comes the mop & bucket and after 5 minutes of cleaning I have to take a break as I was convulsing and about to throw up as well. Geezus, the smell. I've left my girlfriend to clean up the rest. I couldn't take it anymore. :(

• Like 1

Dang, rough 24h there Oerwinde. Hope the recharge goes well. :thumbsup:

This years "immedite family" Christmas party was at my brother in laws this year so we cruised over there. Good food, good times. On the presents front, I finally got to open that set of Craftsman ratchet wrenches I bought myself. So shiny. :wub:

Have some people over and their 5 year old daughter just threw up all down the stairs. Fortunately we don't have carpet and it's wooden floor boards throughout the house.

Out comes the mop & bucket and after 5 minutes of cleaning I have to take a break as I was convulsing and about to throw up as well. Geezus, the smell. I've left my girlfriend to clean up the rest. I couldn't take it anymore. :(

This made me laugh as I've been in similar situations  :lol:

I also can't handle the smell of vomit and its really bad when you  end up having to clean something up that nauseates you and you end up unintentionally making the situation worse by getting sick yourself 

John Milton 

Out comes the mop & bucket and after 5 minutes of cleaning I have to take a break as I was convulsing and about to throw up as well. Geezus, the smell. I've left my girlfriend to clean up the rest. I couldn't take it anymore. sad.png

I have been in a similar situation and I swear, I put on my SM-67 gas mask with a new filter. Cleaning it up with that stench in my nose would have been impossible.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Yeah I retch pretty bad when the kids vomit too.  I usually get the job of hosing them off while my wife cleans up the vomit.  

Good times.  I'm taking the family to Star Wars this morning.   :)

Nice, I'll be watching Star Wars at IMAX next week when I'm back in JHB

John Milton