What you did today

Blarghagh

I don't get hangovers because I down water before going to sleep.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'm 28.

I blame the Tequila. 

That is when it starts.  Or rather, when the end begins.  

I need to get me one of those fans like in the film, so I can smoke and contemplate how terrible the future will be while staring at it.

• Like 2

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Attempted shopping but rolled snake eyes

My wife is hard to shop for because the things she likes the most (clothes and other unnecessaries) she gets either for free or at cost because of her work and the things that I know and love (swords, guns, gadgets, booze, and boobs - not in that order) aren't things that she really cares about. This is crunch time now because the next 45ish days has 6 gift giving occasions

We are at DEFCON 3

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Same, GIFTCON 1 extends from October through February, three holidays and five birthdays--not including Valentine's Day or anniversary days, which I gave up on, because, anxiety. It's not so bad, being single, until your friends invite you out, and then you're all, derp. 

• Like 4

All Stop. On Screen.

hahaha  GIFTCON.  We've typically gone fairly light over the past few years on gifts for each other, but I try to find something clever or meaningful.  I'm starting to get a little bit worried, but not much so far.  This is where young folks just don't understand what it used to be like when you had to hoof it on out of the house to buy gifts and couldn't rely on expedited shipping to get it to you before the holliday.

RIght now I'm with Shady.  GIFTCON 3.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I was at the grocery store for milk and eggs or something when I decided to pop into the Target next door for a quick look see at their Black Friday deals. After hemming and hawing for an imperial metric microeternity I finally and majestically rode my cart out of the store with the new Rock Band for PS4.

The missus was not pleased...at first. But now we've been playing it until just after 3 in the AM we are finally going to bed.

Anniversary on Sunday, tomorrow, five years since the first time we got married. I should maybe explain that so we got married twice, once was just a simple court thing and the second one was a big destination wedding a year and a half later.

Edit - sober and mostly awake edit

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 4

Free games updated 3/4/21

Oh it's always fun with government bureaucracy. Getting a letter saying that income support overpaid you because you didn't tell them about a change in circumstance. A change they were repeatedly told over a month long period, but they now claim it's my fault they didn't recognise it and stop payments at the right time. >_<

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The rubber liner in one of our showers has failed so leaks and stains the ceiling downstairs, that is going to be one pricey repair. Hopefully we can get a decent contractor, that is one sketchy industry.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I spent the morning cleaning the gutters out, putting up the lights , and decorating for Christmas.  I need to get a few new bulbs for the main string, but overall it looks nice.  Now I'm trying to figure out how to get a nap while the kids run around trying to decorate the inside of the house.

I was at the grocery store for milk and eggs or something when I decided to pop into the Target next door for a quick look see at their Black Friday deals. After hemming and hawing for an imperial metric microeternity I finally and majestically rode my cart out of the store with the new Rock Band for PS4.

The missus was not pleased...at first. But now we've been playing it until just after 3 in the AM we are finally going to bed.

Anniversary on Sunday, tomorrow, five years since the first time we got married. I should maybe explain that so we got married twice, once was just a simple court thing and the second one was a big destination wedding a year and a half later.

Congrats to both of you!

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Good God, my Neutral friend. Take care of yourself, man. I have leftover narcotics I'm willing to give you! :Cant's looking over his shoulder for the DEA:

Okay okay, I'm not giving my leftover narcotics to anyone, but that just means they'll end up expiring in my cupboard and getting tossed.

EDIT: ...And congrats also, Shady! Ya glorious bastard!

• Like 2

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Congrats to both of you!

Except I wouldn't wish any man the burden of two wedding anniversaries to the same woman every year.  :p

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

Good God, my Neutral friend. Take care of yourself, man. I have leftover narcotics I'm willing to give you! :Cant's looking over his shoulder for the DEA:

Okay okay, I'm not giving my leftover narcotics to anyone, but that just means they'll end up expiring in my cupboard and getting tossed.

Pretty sure they gave me enough narcotics for an elephant, but thanks. :)

Oh and gratz to you Shady. :)

• Like 1

Congrats to both of you!

Yes Gratz indeed Shady  :dancing:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Congratulations Shady. May your marriage forever be filled with joy.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Someone cut me open and stitched me back up on friday and kept me captive until last night. Not feeling too great. :p Got my deviated septum undeviated - so there's that, but there's stuff in my nose that I don't want to describe lest any of you are eating.

You broke your nose? :S

Hope it's healing allright!

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken