What you did today

Blarghagh

I was supposed to be in Nashville at a hockey game tonight. But there were a lot of things in life that are supposed to happen and don't. And a lot more that are not supposed to happen and do. Not a thing can be done about that. Except maybe pour some top shelf whiskey in a glass, put on a Bob Marley CD and get hammered

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

It does, doesn't it. Yet I exercise 3-4 times per week, around 2 hours per session and its all just bodyweight exercises, even if they lean toward the extreme side. In other words, nothing extremely taxing for a relatively fit 28yr old. 

On the other hand, my sleep is erratic and I eat garbage half the time.  getlost.gif It didn't seem to be a major problem before but it may be catching up to me.

My exercise schedule is pretty similar with 5 sessions a week 1.5-2 hours, though I do power lifting not bodyweight.

I need a lot of variety in my training (switching exercises and work loads etc.) and need to take 5-7 days off every 5 weeks in order not to overtrain.

Try to keep your training program varied (doing the same exercises more than two-three times / week will quickly lead to overtraining) and take care of proper nutrition. Malnutrition combined with lots of exercise feels just like overtraining. Also give your muscle groups 3 days of rest, working the same muscles every day will lead to problems since you don't give your body time for regeneration.

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I tried to get decent at Age of Empires 2 but I just can't. It's very strange and frustrating considering I'm excellent at most RTS games. Why can't I get this... WHY!? 

Today sucks.

Against...the AI, or in multiplayer, or..? What exactly is the bar for "good", here? :p

Well, I'm not even trying to get good; just decent. In most RTS games I can always beat the ai on any difficulty and win the vast majority of multiplayer matches.

In age of Empires 2 however, I'm so bad that I can only sometime beat the ai on moderate (unless I employ cheesy ai exploit strategies). I haven't played online as I don't like to do so until I'm at least competent.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Enhanced edition, or..? In my experiences, moderate is the hardest difficulty of them all in the enhanced edition, though it probably depends on play style. I'm not an AoE2 expert or anything, but I can beat two of the hardest AIs by myself, while two moderates is...significantly harder. However, if you're playing on the original AoE2, don't bother going to a harder difficulty than moderate: same AI, just cheating via extra resources. Not worth the trouble.

(e): Reason why moderate is probably harder for me is because they play more conservatively than the harder AI settings: harder AI settings really try to crush you as soon as possible, and if you're good at defending against their immediate rush, they then play at a severe disadvantage as a result of using all their resources to try and crush you more early in the game. Moderate AI, as I said, tends to be more conservative and willing to sit back and try to build up resources rather than attack first, which can be tricky to play against if you're playing two of them at once. This kinda matches my own basic strategy, which is probably why it's harder to defend against for me.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Playing my catalog of Stone Temple Pilots. RIP Scott Weiland.

Whoops. I (re)posted the wrong song. Keeping it anyway because it's my jam.

Edited by Leferd
  • Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Forgot why I hate owning a large IRC channel, having to deal with all kinds of BS drama and dealing with people in general. :p

More contractors coming over to look at our shower, the liner has failed, we think, so it is leaking on our ceiling. Still haven't decided to get a shower pan or do tile, the pan seems simpler and possibly cheaper, bu am not sure.

Hooray for owning a (poorly made, in my estimation) house :p

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Forgot why I hate owning a large IRC channel, having to deal with all kinds of BS drama and dealing with people in general. :p

More contractors coming over to look at our shower, the liner has failed, we think, so it is leaking on our ceiling. Still haven't decided to get a shower pan or do tile, the pan seems simpler and possibly cheaper, bu am not sure.

Hooray for owning a (poorly made, in my estimation) house :p

What are the types of things you have to deal with on the IRC channel? I very impressed that you have got so involved and you still at it....how long has it been?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Same crap that is always on IRC since it started. Sensitive people being upset, cliques, etc.

People are lucky I haven't figured a way to kill people telepathically yet. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

<cue Scanners gif>

we prefer 

oddly enough, scanners and kids in the hall were both products o' canada.  coincidence?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

No, politeness induced repressed angry thoughts

make 'em want to blow your brains out while staying polite

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

No, politeness induced repressed angry thoughts

make 'em want to blow your brains out while staying polite

Either this is a new approach or it's been working really well.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I was thinking of making fried rabbit for dinner. But I couldn't bring myself to do it. So it will be spaghetti of something instead.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I was thinking of making fried rabbit for dinner. But I couldn't bring myself to do it. So it will be spaghetti of something instead.

I will eat rabbit for you then.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

thanks to bugs bunny cartoons, we typical go hasenpfeffer route with bunny, but as the multi-day brine can be trying our patience, faux tandoori is our backup.  can you call it tandoori if you don't use a genuine tandoori oven?  *shrug*  overnight in yogurt/lemon/spice marinade and then grill.  cast iron/dutch oven frying or fricassee is gromnir-wants-it-now options.

tonight, am gonna make an omelette.  am not sure what we would do if we couldn't eat omelettes no more.  is a quick and easy meal and is an infinite number o' variations.  don't need to kill a bunny to make an omelette, but if we got leftover leporids, chances are we can work it into an omelette.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

What channel? I mostly just hang out on the Minds Eye Society OOC channel on Darkmyst but I occasionally venture to other servers and places. :ninja:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

thanks to bugs bunny cartoons, we typical go hasenpfeffer route with bunny, but as the multi-day brine can be trying our patience, faux tandoori is our backup.  can you call it tandoori if you don't use a genuine tandoori oven?  *shrug*  overnight in yogurt/lemon/spice marinade and then grill.  cast iron/dutch oven frying or fricassee is gromnir-wants-it-now options.

tonight, am gonna make an omelette.  am not sure what we would do if we couldn't eat omelettes no more.  is a quick and easy meal and is an infinite number o' variations.  don't need to kill a bunny to make an omelette, but if we got leftover leporids, chances are we can work it into an omelette.  

HA! Good Fun!

If I'd killed those rabbits the truth is it wouldn't have been for supper it would have been for spite. I'd like to think I'm better than that. But I've been really angry about things lately so maybe not. But I didn't do it so maybe so. After all the rabbits didn't do anything wrong. Even though that (cooking) is the reason I bought them to begin with. But once a critter has a name it is not longer livestock, it becomes a pet.

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

Ive never hunted but Im a big softy and wouldn't kill for sport. Besides fish, the only things Ive killed are a turtle (ran it over by accident) and a bird (also ran over) and I felt terrible about it. I once rounded a corner at night and right there in the middle of the road was the biggest freaking majestic buck just standing there but I was able to stomp the brakes and miss.

• Like 1

Oh these two aren't wild. They are living in a pen with a rabbit house in my yard. The pen is pretty big with a "habitat" in there for them. Originally I was looking at keeping rabbits as livestock for the kitchen but my wife named the first two, we built them a house and that was that. But with everything that's happened I figured those two were fresh out of friends and they could fulfill their original purpose. But I guess I figured wrong.

Thomas Sowell

Missed church today. Have stuff I need to do. So, something simple for dinner from childhood. Hot dogs and tortillas with kraft Mac and cheese. I know most of you will think that sounds gross, but it's tasty.

I love rabbit. In basic, there were tons of fearless rabbits running around the grounds on base in Orlando. Oddly, we had rabbit fairly frequently as I recall. Some 20+ years ago, so maybe I got it mixed up, but that's how I remember it.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Turned up the heat for the first time this half of the year. Which is unusually late.

The winter here is incredibly mild, worryingly so.. about 10-12C (+50F). For one it's not a good sign in general and it spells a wet and stormy year to come.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Turned up the heat for the first time this half of the year. Which is unusually late.

The winter here is incredibly mild, worryingly so.. about 10-12C (+50F). For one it's not a good sign in general and it spells a wet and stormy year to come.

Now you sound like one of those wise old men... :p

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein