Fallout 4 is coming soon.. is there a new OB Fallout Scheduled?

dava4444

Haha, I came in to post the exact same mod! I will install it immediately when I get home and I NEVER use mods before finishing the regular game, usually.

I looks lovely

(Sneaking in my link about it: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-18-brilliant-fallout-4-mod-shows-you-what-your-character-will-say-in-dialogue )

I wondered if someone would be able to hook up the subtitles to the dialogue system but I worried that Bethesda might have made it impossible.  Sounds like it was a really simple fix for people with the know-how.  Super glad :)

It's a nice illustration of how Bethesda games differ from Bioware games I suppose. :p Even when both companies make the exact same design mistake, with Bethesda it can be corrected.

This is true but at least Bioware made the flavour of your choices pretty clear, Fallout 4 feels like russian roulette  :blink:

It's been hard to pull off because the companion AI is terrible for select companions. They will pretty much always give your position away. Not so terrible if you can use the distraction to creep up behind the opposition, but it makes the grenade trick hard. 

I also find weird that after planting some mines, V.AT.S. highlight them as primary targets if they are close to you than the intended enemies.

I noticed stealth attacks mostly still seem to work under [Caution]. Probably because popping a head with a suppressed weapon still alerts everyone.

I think it represents that you can get sneak attacks when everybody knows that someone is around but they don't know where. So until they can actually see you it will still allow sneak attacks.

At least, that's my theory...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Haha, I came in to post the exact same mod! I will install it immediately when I get home and I NEVER use mods before finishing the regular game, usually.

I looks lovely

(Sneaking in my link about it: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-18-brilliant-fallout-4-mod-shows-you-what-your-character-will-say-in-dialogue )

Kinda dumb when the dialouge wheel is so vauge you have no idea what you are chosing. 

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

So the modders are already having to fix their game for them yet again eh?

Here's an idea, instead of customers paying mod makers 25% and Steam and Bethesda the rest, how about Bethesda pay modders for finishing their work instead?

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

So the modders are already having to fix their game for them yet again eh?

Here's an idea, instead of customers paying mod makers 25% and Steam and Bethesda the rest, how about Bethesda pay modders for finishing their work instead?

I dunno, I understand the "modders will fix it" criticism but I played Skyrim on release for a few hundred hours and didn't need any mods.  In fact I've had a pretty smooth experience with all their previous games, though no doubt luck was involved.  I feel that Fallout 4 genuinely needs mods for me to enjoy it properly.

Edited by WDeranged

Whereas I had numerous game breaking issues in Skyrim and Fallout 3, that forced me to abandon the former after ten hours or so, while New Vegas I only had one problem with, a Radscorpion corpse flying by ocassionally on the road between Nipton and the NCR base. Guess which one got hammered by game journalists for bugginess unsurprisingly.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Looks like it is replacing the existing text- that's why it only works in english. This isn't really optimal regarding future patches and stuff.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Whereas I had numerous game breaking issues in Skyrim and Fallout 3, that forced me to abandon the former after ten hours or so, while New Vegas I only had one problem with, a Radscorpion corpse flying by ocassionally on the road between Nipton and the NCR base. Guess which one got hammered by game journalists for bugginess unsurprisingly.

Although I do feel they were being unfair, they criticized it for not properly dealing with issues still present in the engine now 2 years later - rather than just arbitrarily. Of course they were still there in Skyrim and looks like in F4 as well.

About the game - I'm glad to see they've taken a lot of fan criticism to heart, while Diamond City still looks like Megaton at least there's irrigation, farming and actual - you know - things keeping the people living there alive. Game mechanic wise however, their games a becoming a little too arcadey for me to really loose myself into. Their games (from Rage to Dishonored) are starting to play and look similar.. and be more about 'cool' features and set pieces than actual substance.

Still good though, they are masters of fun. I just enjoyed NV and it's story a lot more.

Fortune favors the bald.

How viable is it to just ditch companions and go at it solo? I generally prefer the sneaky approach and Bethesda's AI generally deals with it badly (and reading this thread doesn't give me particularly much hope that it's improved quite enough yet..)

How viable is it to just ditch companions and go at it solo? I generally prefer the sneaky approach and Bethesda's AI generally deals with it badly (and reading this thread doesn't give me particularly much hope that it's improved quite enough yet..)

I imagine it's pretty viable but I'm thinking you're gonna need some companion packmules if you're going to do any serious crafting.

• Like 1

Actually it is pretty common to come across crafting stations in the wastes, where you can transfer gear to your workshop.  So I haven't seen the need for packmules.  

The dog is a pretty easy companion though.  He doesn't cause me much trouble.

• Like 1

Yeah I didn't realize dogmeat could be used as a packmule so spent a lot of the early game stuffing stuff in the workshop and coming back to it if I absolutely had to have (I'm looking at you, duct tape).

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I think dogmeat is the only sensible one for any stealth type play. The rest tend to make it quite awkward if you try to be sneaky in more than a general cautious manner.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I never use companions and I basically spend 99% of my time on my knees (uh.. in the non-sexual sneaking way). It works very well, although even with silenced weapons you will sometimes alert an entire city block for some reason. I'm guessing the game would be pretty dull if it never happened so they made some areas more sensitive to disturbances.

There is even a perk that gives you bonuses for going at it solo, so it is definitely a viable choice.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!